Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease? Could this be a tick bite?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, my name is Amy and I'm 24 living in the South Coast of the UK. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia by my GP, they said they didn't need to refer to me to a rheumatologist to diagnose. okay. To list my symptoms - memory loss, lack of focus, light sensitivity, vertigo, blurry vision, loss of appetite, moderate to debilitating widespread pain (days i cannot walk) particularly severe areas seem to be the upper back, neck and ribs and legs, headaches, pulsating legs at night, chronic runny nose, IBS, stomach pain, chronic fatigue that has drastically changed my quality of life, i bruise easily, i catch 'colds' etc far more frequently... these are some of the symptoms i suffer from. I 100% can see why the doctors assumed fibromyalgia.

However, I recently came across an article on Lyme disease. I saw a photo that looked strikingly similar to a strange bite type thing i had on my upper thigh.. Does this look like a possible tick bite? Thankfully I have a photo from when the rash appeared over a year ago. Any information or insight will be greatly appreciated, thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.