Super strong metallic taste after Lyme Disease treatment?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

I had an EM rash and recently had 3 weeks worth of doxycycline treatment. I didn't experience too many side effects whilst taking the tablets but shortly afterwards I developed a really strong metallic taste in my mouth, I've had this now for 3 weeks and it's there all the time - has anyone else had this?

It's difficult to tell about other symptoms as I was already sick - mostly with abdominal pain/burning which was treated as ulcers with 1 week of clarithromycin/amoxicillin/omeprazole, except this didn't actually work. The bite was most likely several months earlier than the rash (simply due to the position on top of my foot and the last occasion I had worn shoes where this area would have been exposed). I am wondering whether the abdominal issues were actually Lyme Disease all along. What I have now is just this super strong metallic taste and a burning feeling on the surface of my abdomen (at the front, symmetrically on both sides, like it's under the skin) and a lot of tiredness.

It's the metallic taste that is worrying me the most, does anyone know if it is a Lyme Disease or is this something completely different?

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.