Lyme disease?? Help!

Posted , 8 users are following.

6 days ago i woke up with this odd bite that had a ring around it, that day i didnt really think much as bug bites are affecting everyone. the ring started getting bigger and i became generaly unwell, now suffering with sickness headaches, stiff neck, painful joints, achy muscles, swallon glands & fatigue. I was told to go doctors as it looked like a tick bite but the doctor has sent me away and told me to come back if i get a fever. what do I do now? image

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

go to your local urgent care /walk in centre (if you are in uk) . tell them you had a tick bite and now you have all these symtoms that seem consistent with lyme. I'm pretty certain the nice guidelines state that doctors are to treat the rash without waiting for blood results. I would do this urgently as lyme is nothing minor if left untreated or not treated quickly enough. Good luck.

• Posted

Hello,

Biomedical student here with increasingly horrible Lyme like symptoms.

Your rash is definitely a EM bullseye rash of a tickborn disease probably Lyme.

You need a long course of antibiotics as soon as possible. Go see doctors and show them the rash before it gets chronic.

• Posted

Oh my. The Dr did the same thing to me and I have been suffering for 10 years.

Please see another Dr as soon as possible, and beg and plead if you have to, for the 3-4 weeks doxycycline. It will save you a lot of suffering.

My Lyme disease looked exactly the same as your pic when I first got bitten. I thought maybe a spider had bitten me. Doctors ignored me until it turned chronic.

I hope you feel better and see a different Dr asap

• Posted

Get the NICE guidelines on Lyme, print them off and take them into the surgery. If you have had a bullseye rash then you should be given antibiotics if you read the guidelines.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.