15 year old severe health anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 15 year old boy and I constantly worry about diseases, at the minute I think I have luekemia, I have pain in my legs which I think is bone pain but then I hear that it’s ptobably caused by the anxiety but I can’t tell if it is and it scares me every time it a sharp pain coming in waves in random places what is it??? I als have random spots on my chest  and legs and my legs look mottled but it could be because I have very fair skin. Please reply!!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sean,

It is very common for Anxiety sufferers to self diagnose our symptoms via Google searches on the internet.

This almost always leads to,

A) Incorrect diagnosis

B) Us thinking we have something that looks way more severe than it actually is.

C) Massively increased Anxiety levels because we often convince ourselves we are very ill.

D) Worsened physical symptoms as we tend to focus more on them (aches and pains etc )

So the way it affects us is Symptom > Anxiety > Focus on Symptom > Worse Anxiety > Worse symptoms etc etc.

My advice is tell your parents and ask to go to see your doctor and get a proper diagnosis from a fully trained professional to put your mind at ease, when you have that information trust it and stop worrying to break the Anxiety cycle.

Good luck...

• Posted

Hello Sean. This is major problem you can go directly any health care treatment center and get permanent treatment...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.