Skip to content
Ad

Mental Health

Also known as Abuse, Amisulpride, Anger, Bereavement, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Bullying, Domestic Violence, Flupentixol, Fluphenazine, Gender Dysphoria, Grief, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Personality Disorders, Risperidone, Schizophrenia, Seasonal Affective Disorder, Self-harming, Somatisation, Sulpiride

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Having trouble reconciling with my husband

I and my husband are having fights almost every day. We try to hide it from our kids but sometimes it was really tough to do. I'm not really sure what's the root cause of our fights but somehow we always manage to start a fight with very little things that don't really matter. I've lost...

Last reply
  • Over thinking is ruining me. Please help !

Hi everyone, so I am 20 year old student and as the title says, I am a huge over thinker to the point that it's making me feel really low about myself. For example, today I assumed (this always happens ALWAYS) that two of my close friends were being distant from me and assumed they didn't or...

Last reply
  • Withdraw from opiates and how I stopped

This is my story of tapering off 780mg of morphine after years of being administered. I hope that this story will help everyone who desires to stop. The reason I stopped was to be have my freedoms and abilities of daily life returned. When I started this pain medication was for severe pain. The time...

Last reply
  • Help

minds thoughts telling me I want to be a physcopath and I feel like I like the thought, I can't tell anyone even my doctor I didn't tell even know I'm struggling, when my thoughts tell me to kill I have no emotion or seem to care, before it was saying I'll kill someone at home, which...

Last reply
  • identity disorder

How is difficult to follow or make one wants for oneself. I since long time of ago, I have a different perspective about my life. I have ended to making the less that I imagine to What happen in my life.  ​How can change some perspective that people have created around Me. I don't know how explain...

Last reply
  • I'm not sure how I should or would title this

I've tried posting on forms before but I haven't had much in terms of help, and I really need advice. In order to understand my situation, I'll have to explain a few things. First of all, I am in my 13th year of Highschool now. The plan was to boost my grade averages because last year due...

Last reply
  • Normal Versus Slow Release

Hi ​I have been on Effexor 150 mgs in Am and 112.5 mgs in PM for a few months. Saw my GP last week and she has changed it to slow release 262.5 mgs a day. ​I know its the same dose etc but I am more tried and feel low on these. Is this normal etc ?

Posted
  • Feeling stuck in a situation I have no control over!

I have been diagnosed as suffering from BPD (over 16 months ago), PTSD (literally 2 days ago) and RDD (over 30 months ago). I also suffer from what the psychiatric doctor and nurse say are visual and audio hallucinations but I know they arent hallucinations, they are real. I also suffer with low self-esteem,...

Last reply
  • cant let go of the past...Talking makes it worse

for 14 years I have not been able to let go of the things that my dad did to me when I was about 5. I have tried to talk about it, it does not help me. Every time I get comfortable enough to talk about it I feel my self shutting people I know want to help me out...I don't understand what I need to...

Last reply
  • My parents don’t respect me.

My dad won’t stop talking about having sex with my mom and laughing because I can hear it. They won’t stop having sex while I’m in the house. I’m 16 so I can’t move out yet. They won’t let me spend the night with my only friend because she’s my boyfriend’s sister. I hate living here and I hate being...

Last reply
  • OLANZAPINE withdrawal symptons? How long do they last for?

I quit Olanzapine cold turkey late July which I definitely dont recommend as it threw my mental and physical health into chaos.  It was pretty bad for the first few months but still I seem to be plaqued by what I presume are still withdrawal symptons.  My sleep disturbance is a nightmare and...

Posted
  • Perimenopause and pain getting worse ...I feel alone

Hello this is Jenn, 51 years old in the thrusts of Perimenopause.  I have read other posts about joint and muscle and ligament pain, but this is terrible.  I have days that everything hurts from my fingers to my toes.  Especially when I am ovulating or getting my period.  We just...

Posted
  • Has anyone taken Vortioxetine before ?

Hi Everyone, just wondering if any of you taken Vortioxetine before ?? ... Did it help you ,? Did you have any side effects ? How long did those side effects last for ?? ...  I know everyone is different, I am just curious..  TIA.. 

Posted
  • Anxiety/Depression help?

... i need some advise. so, about a week ago, i woke up with some of the worst anxiety i’ve ever had. usually i’m able to guess why i’m so anxious (work, big event, etc), but i wasn’t able to figure it out. soon enough, i had bad stomach pain followed by diarrhoea. this wasn’t the first time i had gotten...

Last reply
  • Empathetic and mean

I just don’t understand how can I have so much empathy yet be so self centred. It’s like my personality can go from being really kind to saying horrible things to try and upset people. I’m two people does anyone know what causes this complex? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Why am I so scared? What am I so afraid of?

I was diagnosed with GAD, SAD, and depression about 6 months ago. The depression and anxiety I am working on but something still feels off. I am extremely hyper-vigilant, especially at night. It's like I am waiting for something bad to happen or someone to break into my house and try to kill me....

Last reply
  • Withdrawing from antidepressants and benzos safely

Since there are so many folks on here trying to get off of antidepressants and benzos, I thought I'd start a topic about tapering safely.  patient is an awesome place to start, but the following resources are the true beginnings of proceding safely with factual information, not hearsay and opinion....

Last reply
  • Compulsive humming?

Okay so for years and years I’ve had to listen to my father constantly humming LOUDLY. I hear it through the ways and all around the house and am starting to wonder whether he knows he is doing it and it’s comforting in some way because he stops if you enter the room or if he doesn’t know he’s doing...

Posted
  • Suicide and mental health - my ramblings...

Hello fellow humans, Just talking out load really, bouncing my thoughts off cyberspace. Would be interested to get other people’s perspectives. Some context: I have been diagnosed with GAD, a personality disorder and a mood disorder. I also have epilepsy. I have been prescribed Venlafaxine, Amisulpride...

Last reply
  • Depression after surgery helping spouse

My husband had 2 back  to back total hip replacements. He lashes out at me . I’ve been the caregiver and working full time. He has lacked for nothing,, I cook ,clean, cut the grass, paint fix, go to the store for food, do the bills, I make sure he comes first. I’m very tired, but I know he will...

Last reply
  • Ocd bathroom

I have this ocd where am obsessived going to the bathroom for number 2  can anyone help me with this please thx 𐤉𐤄𐤅𐤄 barak/bless 

Last reply
  • How can I tell if I am alive or dead?

Its occured to me that I might be dead and not realise it. I committed suicide a little over two months ago but recall coming round in hospital, but now I am not so sure? I have been off work for four months due to a serious heart problem, I live on my own and apart from seeing neighbours, I live now...

Last reply
  • Waking up, unable to comprehend anything, number counting

I have searched on google for years trying to find someone with the same or similar problem to no avail. So here I am. Over the past 8 or so years (20 now.) I've had this reocurring dream atleast once a year where I wake up unable to comprehend anything, comparing everything to numbers, almost as...

Last reply
  • Depression

Hi everyone I have depression and anxiety, though I think I have more mental illness. Recently attend a therapy group for 7 weeks now waiting for the mental health team to call me again, got an appointment on Monday with my GP going to ask her if there’s any groups going as I like going to groups. I...

Last reply
  • Feeling in chest and shoulder pain

I have been having a weird feeling in my upper chest and at the bottom of my throat. Its feels like there is something there that makes me feel like i have lack in oxygen so i forcefully inhale deeper. Also i had a sharp back pain that last no long at all in the past before the i had a weird feeling...

Last reply
  • I can't take this anymore

few days ago now I got this feeling it was in my head it was like an adrenaline rush were I felt like I'm was going to punch anyone or attack someone, it was the worst feeling and I still have it but I've recently got these bad thoughts and voices telling me or saying bad scary stuff I don't...

Last reply
  • Is this feeling normal?

Hi, I don't really know how to start this but I just feel... disconnected from myself. Like people could be talking about somthing but I just don't connect emotionally. For example if someone says that they feel sad or somthing I don't know what to do, I try to reason it out for them but...

Last reply
  • Coping with stress during Major Depressive Disorder Episode

I hope someone on the forum can identify with my issues and suggest some coping strategies. I experience  recurrent bouts of Major Depressive Disorder,  and a couple of times per year on average during the past ten years have been subject to episodes during which I have suicidal thoughts and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.