Skip to content

Mental Health

Also known as Abuse, Amisulpride, Anger, Bereavement, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Bullying, Domestic Violence, Flupentixol, Fluphenazine, Gender Dysphoria, Grief, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Personality Disorders, Risperidone, Schizophrenia, Seasonal Affective Disorder, Self-harming, Somatisation, Sulpiride

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Irrational Obsessions- Help

Hello, I am 24 years old and have been struggling with anxiety for about 6 months now in many different forms. Recently, I had a panic attack and felt like I wasn't here. That I was somewhere else. I was so focused on what I was seeing that it made me anxious about the images I was seeing within...

Last reply
  • Signs of schizophrenia

Once my uncle was ill with schizophrenia, I noticed him lack of personal hygiene. I did not attach any importance to this, but recently I found a dislike for personal hygiene in myself over the last 6 months, so I'm a little concerned. Also, I do not talk much with people at the last and so I began...

Last reply
  • Paranoia and OCD

Does paranoia come with OCD? I fear that I am bipolar or have had psychosis or I am schizophrenic, but my doctors and therapist basically tell me that my OCD keeps flaring up. I have anxiety and I do have panic attacks sometimes and every now and then....about once a month or so for about a week I get...

Last reply
  • very scared of brain tumor.. constant headaches

Hi.. i am very scared i might have a brain tumor.. i get random headaches.. i suffer from panic attacks as well as bad anxiety.. i just got a physical everything came back fine but ive been getting random headaches.. i went to my dr and told her about them but she said she didnt see anythinf abnormal...

Last reply
  • 8 years! Never feel the same.. help me please

Its all started  8 years ago..  It started with death thoughts, Then doubts in people, then developed into extreme panic attacks which i get those attacks even from drinking water or wearing cloths ! Always have this thought in mind head " this will kill me "! How come wearing cloths...

Last reply
  • MUS

What is next step after Medically Unknown Symptoms ?

Last reply
  • I was diagnosed with health anxiety 2 years ago

It has been absolute hell having health anxiety! I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It's been 2 years and still the anxiety lingers like a secret only I know, constantly darkening my days And filling my mind with illnesses that will kill me in the most horrific way to the point that I feel hopeless....

Last reply
  • Equivalence of 'Zyban' (Buproprion 150 SR).

Hi I'm in NZ where Buproprion (which is primarily used to treat MDD and/or SAD, (which I use it for), is only marketed and sold as 'Zyban', to stop smoking. It is still Brupropion, but I can't quite get my head around it and wonder if there is a different formulation, here in NZ if anyone...

Last reply
  • OLANZAPINE withdrawal symptons? How long do they last for?

I quit Olanzapine cold turkey late July which I definitely dont recommend as it threw my mental and physical health into chaos.  It was pretty bad for the first few months but still I seem to be plaqued by what I presume are still withdrawal symptons.  My sleep disturbance is a nightmare and...

Last reply
  • Please help me DIE Peacefully.....

It has been more than 3.5 yrs since she left me, but I can't stop missing her every moment and thinking about her. She got married to someone else around 1.5 yrs back and I know there is not even a 0.0001% that she will be mine once again. I cannot live without her and I keep thinking about her ever...

Last reply
  • can't handle life

Hi  this been going on for almost 4 years now since my partner of 20 years finish with me  I also lost a house  job  with cancer research UK all because of my depression I am now.at the stage were I can't live without my past  I want to but everything   I think and see...

Last reply
  • duloxetine increase to 120mg - scared to take

Hi, I've already posted on here that I have been struggling with the duloxetine. I spoke to GP on phone this morning and he has decided to put me up from 60mg to 120mg to see if that helps. The point is, I have gone downhill since starting on it. My mood is worse (or at least different....but not...

Last reply
  • Fed up and I don't know what to do anymore

I'm 21,I suffer from chronic anxiety and panic attacks, depression. And I'm becoming a alcoholic I realy don't know what to do anymore I'm always in a black hole. Scared of having a heart attack all the time. Scares to go to sleep because I think il die in my sleep so I have to drink....

Last reply
  • OCD: Intrusive thoughts Making me feel like a horrible person

Anyone have any suggestions how to make it better? Hoping to find advice what worked for you.  My OCD is I guess known as Pure O.  I've had symptoms for a year but it seems to be getting worse and I feel like sucha horrible person. I don't know what to do anymore. I am going to therapy...

Last reply
  • I’ve not slept for two weeks

I am suffering from somniaphobia, fear of having a severe illness, depression and have had to go back on Valium which is barely helping. I wanted to be reviewed as an inpatient in a psych hospital so all my meds can be properly assessed. Instead all I get is the doctor throwing some medication at me....

Last reply
  • Don't know why I keep trying

I've been depressed and had anxiety for as long as I can remember. It's very hard for me to be left alone without feeling like I'm going crazy or going to kill myself. My boyfriend is currently in Utah. He's not answering my calls or texts. I've had problems with him in the past but...

Last reply
  • Does anxiety /ocd make you think the worst

I feel like when my anxiety/ocd is acting up I tend to think the worst. For example: yesterday my son and I were at the park playing baseball. In the parking lot there was a guy that looked sketchy, leaning into another car talking to someone but every few minutes they kept looking my way. So I immediately...

Last reply
  • New compulsion to not eat, ocd help!

I’ve been dealing with OCD since I was very young and have been managing quite well up until around 3-4 months ago, my partner and I have been having a tough time recently and I have been dealing with a completely new intrusive thought since, which is, if I don’t eat, we won’t argue. I can eat absolutely...

Last reply
  • Is it schizophrenia?

Hi everyone, I'm new and in a bit of a crisis. My name is Alyssa I'm suffering from hallucinations at the moment. Does this sound like schizophrenia symptoms? (sorry that this is long, haha): All my life I have had hallucinations, from simple shapes, outlines and voices to animals, people and...

Last reply
  • Doctor refuses to give medication

I'm distraught. Suffer from BPD, depression and anxiety. My NHS psychiatrist have been giving me anti depressants and I have tried other meds as well, eg. mood stabilizers. However most of them haven't worked or I have had bad side effects. My psychiatrist has now said that obviosuly medicine...

Last reply
  • Quick question for you! Please answer

I was diagnosed with Anxiety a year ago. After having several panic attacks, they said it had to be anxiety (this was my doctor) I started going to therapy went about 5 times... In January, I started getting intrusive thoughts. I started seeing another therapist who said I had OCD, which triggered my...

Last reply
  • Waking up, unable to comprehend anything, number counting

I have searched on google for years trying to find someone with the same or similar problem to no avail. So here I am. Over the past 8 or so years (20 now.) I've had this reocurring dream atleast once a year where I wake up unable to comprehend anything, comparing everything to numbers, almost as...

Last reply
  • Like convincing my therapist to continue therapy

It´s often said that you should talk to the therapist about the relationship and if there are things that doesn´t feel good in therapy or if there is something to change. So I did and I didn´t have any specific critique but wanting my T to express more understanding and to focus on things...

Last reply
  • Opinions. PLEASE !?!?!?!

This is something I have never shared before, something I’ve never told any of the professionals I’ve ever spoken to over the years. My diagnosis at the minute is Borderline Personality Disorder, but I am convinced there is something more. You know the way children sometimes have imaginary friends,...

Last reply
  • How can I get myself well.

I have had depression for a long time now. I know I am my own worst enemy. I want to get myself well. I have had a fair few overdoses now and quite a lot of self harm. I have been briefly spoken to mental health teams in A+E when I have done things. I have always convinced them I am ok to go home. I...

Last reply
  • Am i getting mad ?

I can't sleep .. its become hard for me to fall asleep .. whenever i go to sleep ,it feels like i can't switch off my mind. My mind works like crazy when i try to sleep. It's like when u start all the apps in your phone at once and notification keeps on coming .. some time's i get crazy...

Last reply
  • Ocd neurotransmitters

Let’s accept this  scenario my neurotransmitters don’t increase or decrease can my ocd still become Worse if do the compulsions mental or physical and what’s the difference between mental and physical compulsions , pleace answer these questions thx please  YAHAWAH Bahasam YAHAWASHI Barak/bless...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.