Skip to content

Mental Health

Also known as Abuse, Amisulpride, Anger, Bereavement, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Bullying, Domestic Violence, Flupentixol, Fluphenazine, Gender Dysphoria, Grief, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Personality Disorders, Risperidone, Schizophrenia, Seasonal Affective Disorder, Self-harming, Somatisation, Sulpiride

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Mental feeling someone help

Today I was at school studying. All of a sudden I started to lose focus and started looking at the people around me to see if they were really present snd started to focus on them. Then I started to panic and asked my friend to walk with me and I tried to calm my self down. I started feeling almost zoned...

• jackk202 jackk202

Drank Alcohol while on Ativan

I drank a large can of beer today and I'm on ativan. I take about 2-3 ativan pills a day to deal with my anxiety I have other pills too. I'm having a strong reaction right now at nighttime I cannot sleep. I threw up and my body feels very strange. One can can't kill me right? Please respond...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Intense Anxiety; Everything Is Just Getting On Top Of Me

My family are trying to make me do things beyond my comfort zone to help try and ease my anxiety - such as saying to less immediate family members that I can go to their house and do some gardening for them without consulting me - and I'm just getting the most horrific anxiety - intense pain in my...

Last reply
  • Support

Who here feels when they reach out for support from help lines they just listen or refer you without listening to someone else but end result is still the same you are left at home holding phone as they have spent their Quito of time and move on to the next call , I cannot even be admitted when I feel...

Last reply
  • Hyperawareness OCD, experiences.

Hello. I've been on the anxiety and citalopram forums for quite some time, but I've been afflicted with this condition for several weeks now following an episode of depersonalisation and it has been previously nameless and unidentifiable to my regular GP. It doesn't help that I find it very...

Last reply
  • Someone please help

I don't know exactly what's happening to me and it's hard to explain. Um, for the past two months, I began thinking that I have all of the mental illnesses that I have to a point that I couldn't able to function. I was scared that I have OCD, Anxiety disorder, delusional disorders and...

Last reply
  • Moderation

Hi this is actually aimed at the moderators on the site, I seem to have quite a lot of my posts within the mental health area put on hold, wouldn't it be a good idea to give some feedback as to why this is happening on a regular basis so I can avoid the use of maybe inappropriate words. If I post...

Last reply
  • The worst stomach pains

Hi guys. So I'm 18, female, I have ASD, BPD depression anxiety. Due to BPD, I tend to over-eat especially binge eat a LOT. I'm lactose intolerent and my safe food is chocolate so I guess this  could be causing my stomach pains. So basically ive had bad stomach ache for years and doctors...

Last reply
  • Can someone help me please

It’s a weird request but could anyone help me on how to personally inbox someone’s account? I’ve seen a few posts from an account known as katecogs and just looking at a few of her posts and has taken the edge off just reading through. Lovely person and suggest everyone here struggling takes a look at...

Last reply
  • I'm broken

Hi I'm broken, I have no one to turn to, no one that really cares and have too much going on to cope with. I don't know where to turn anymore...no one gives a s**t, no one cares what I'm going through or even knows. The one and only person I could talk to has given up on me like everyone...

Last reply
  • Dosage upped to 20mg

I’ve been moved up to 20 mg Citalopram from 10 mg on Wednesday my anxiety was pretty decent before that but I’ve had sweaty hands headaches and generally feeling More anxious is this normal after upping dosage?

Last reply
  • Brain fogginess not feeling myself help me please

On sunday when I was trying to sleep I started feeling off but nothing too serious. The next day on monday I went to school and I was fine around 1:40 pm when I was studying I started losing focus and I felt like I was zoning out on people and started looking at them to see if they were really around...

Last reply
  • I’m 15 and I got cross faded...

I’m 15 years old and I typically don’t do things like drugs or alcohol . Although I am easily peer pressured into doing stupid things. I had a friend from out of town come visit where I live and he had brought marijuana with him the plan was to just smoke the marijuana not get drunk. I’ve only smoked...

Last reply
  • Drinking while taking Citalopram

I’ve always felt a bit jaded and anxious the night after have night out drinking but since I’ve been in the Citalopram the panic attacks the next day are rediculous!! It feels like I’m losing my mind literally to the point of crying. Anyone else experienced this? I’m on 10 mg and going into my 4th week

Last reply
  • Touch inappropriately? Or it’s normal?

Hi. I just created this page I don’t know how it work but I hope I get some answers. I’m a female 20yeard old, I used to have a female doctor but because of recently moving out of town I got another doctor which is a male doctor. I was inside of the room waiting for the doctor minutes laters he came...

Last reply
  • Miserable

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder around the age of 5. I was also officially or unofficially diagnosed with Selective Mutism - as I didn't talk at school. I still don't, except to answer questions or ask the teacher a question or something. But my mental health really started...

Last reply
  • Citalopram - benefits

Hi All Just to let you know, from my previous post describing as to why I’m back on Citalopram. It’s now my 5th week on 20mg although I’m not 100%. I am starting to feel the benefits again of Citalopram. Although I do still feel anxious at times, it’s nothing compared to what I was experiencing before....

Last reply
  • Mental feeling someone help

Today I was at school studying. All of a sudden I started to lose focus and started looking at the people around me to see if they were really present snd started to focus on them. Then I started to panic and asked my friend to walk with me and I tried to calm my self down. I started feeling almost zoned...

Posted
  • Randomly worsening depression symptoms

Is there a chance something like an infection or even a vitamin supplement could increase thoughts of suicide? I’ve struggled with depression for the last 6 years and have been through bouts of sucidal ideation. Although I haven’t been great, I haven’t been suicidal and this week is suddenly, drastically...

Last reply
  • Anxiety & Travel

Hi.  Any advice will be gratefully received.  I’ve had anxiety following a course of tablets that I shouldn’t have been given with a history of anxiety.  I also have osteoarthritis in both knees.  We are due to go on hols in a few weeks time & I don’t know how I will get through...

Last reply
  • How does one acquire self love?

I don't think I have ever had self love since I was a very small child, if ever , and wondered how you learn it. It has affected me all my life and I only seem to feel unconditional love from animals, regardless of it being offered by people. Why would deliberate self harm or rejecting an offer...

Last reply
  • Advice please

I need some advice about my daughter’s behaviour. It’s a really long story but I’ll try to keep it as brief as I can. She is 21 and still lives at home with us as she’s just finished her university course. Her boyfriend who she’s obsessed by ended it with her a while back but wants her around when he...

Last reply
  • I'm tired of it all..

I knowing going to regret writing any of this later..Im tired of regret, stress, voices telling me that I was wrong and that I have only done wrong. My past mistaking no matter how small coming back replaying in my mind over and over again combined with outside stress and fear. I feel like I'm...

Last reply
  • Stopped taking citalopram and quetiapine, any advice please

So I stopped taking 30mg of citalopram and 37.5mg of quetiapine daily a week a ago, I’ve been taking them both for 3 years now and I’ve been experiencing headaches, vomiting, abdominal pains, diarrhoea, brain zaps, painful eyes, fainting, nausea, fatigue this is unbearable. Does anyone know how long...

Last reply
  • Suffered with anxiety and depression since I was 12

Just after a bit advice on what to do really as I've had to change doctors after being at the same doctors since I was a child but my new surgery which I had no choice to go to due to moving wants to take me off not only my painkillers for my other issues which in my eyes isn't going to help...

Last reply
  • OCD anxiety/depression

Has anyone tried antipsychotics for treating these if all else has failed. Please let me know if found more useful in which ever disorder you may have. Thank you 

Last reply
  • Compulsive humming?

Okay so for years and years I’ve had to listen to my father constantly humming LOUDLY. I hear it through the ways and all around the house and am starting to wonder whether he knows he is doing it and it’s comforting in some way because he stops if you enter the room or if he doesn’t know he’s doing...

Last reply
  • Recovery on Citalopram

I’ve been on 10 mg Citalopram for3 weeks now first week was dizziness but nothing I couldn’t handle and apart from underlying anxiety and overthinking I didint have many bad symptoms the 2nd week I felt great my anxiety was getting under control and generally felt better but 3rd week randomly felt crappy...

Last reply
  • Mental health issue

During my childhood I usually hit my head on the wall just as a play. Now I realize that it effect my IQ Level, sense of humour, self confidence, decision making ability, listening skills. Please suggest is there any cure of this...

Last reply
  • My beautiful husband has become a stranger

Apologies in advance for the long post. I desperately need some advice or support because I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. My husband and I will have been together 8 years next week and married for just over 3.5 years. Our entire relationship has always been tight and solid, we've...

Last reply
  • drowsiness

hi im sal;23 y o ;male;medical student i have these problems from 3 month ago;6 month ago i had shortening of breath and palpitation and recoursed to emergency box but there was no organic problems and dr said me you probably had panic attack;something like this happened to me 3 m ago but since that...

Last reply
  • Drank Alcohol while on Ativan

I drank a large can of beer today and I'm on ativan. I take about 2-3 ativan pills a day to deal with my anxiety I have other pills too. I'm having a strong reaction right now at nighttime I cannot sleep. I threw up and my body feels very strange. One can can't kill me right? Please respond...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.