Advice for fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

was on 20mg fluoxetine for 2 months didn't see much improvement so 2 weeks ago the drs upped my dosage to 40mg. I have been having really bad anxiety the last week to the point I can barely eat or sleep or function. it doesn't help with what's going on in the world at the moment and I keep watching the news which I know is making my anxiety worse. I have struggled with anxiety for years!. could the dose increase be making my anxiety worse, how long do side affects last of dose increases for people?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I took fluoxetine (20 mg.) for a few years. Felt like it wasn't working so dr. upped my dosage to 40 mg. Lord have mercy, I felt like such a zombie. I was watching TV & didn't understand anything I was watching. Not able to think at all. So dr. recommended I take 20mg. in the morning & 20mg. in the evening. I never did do this because I just got tired of taking meds. I no longer take it but maybe you could try splitting your doses & see if that helps instead of taking all 40mg. at one time. Hope this helps & best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.