15 year old with teratoma ovarian cyst 12.7cm long weight 4 pounds

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey so I had a surgery the 16 th of December and I feel so good I don't have any pains ,nothing hurts, I'm okay...(the doctor said everything was perfect and all) And I was wondering when I'll be able to do some excersice (soccer for example)

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Will I'll be able to start the 31st of January or February the 1st?
  • Posted

I'm guessing it was open surgery (laparotomy). If so wait 6 weeks before you exercise. I was the same feeling fine and I occasionally over did it. You're young so I'm sure you'll heal fast just make sure you don't do too much too soon 👍🏻😉
  • Posted

Hi Maria, I'm 22 and have found recovery much quicker than what they recommended. I stopped taking painkillers at day 7 after a laparotomy to remove a 10cm dermoid cyst, with my ovary being sutured up. By day 5 I was able to walk a mile, albeit at a steady speed. I am very fit which may have changed things, though I did feel some pulling at which point I sat down and rested for a little while. Have you been able to walk much? I know that running is not recommended for at least 8 weeks because it can add pressure and strain to the internal scar which until around that time is unflexible. Personally I've felt ready for a run this week but I know it could cause more damage, so I know how frustrated you may feel to not be able to play a game or two! I'm sure your team will understand! I'd really recommend sticking to walking (you can get more rapid as you feel more comfortable!) until you hit 6-7 weeks then see your surgeon and discuss it with them.

All the best, Amanda

• Posted

I can walk normally, as well as fastly and I don't get tired at all. My doctor recommended to wait 2 months (the 16th of February) to start playing. But I have a really important tournament the 31st and my team needs me but I guess I'll just have to wait. They'll be another tournament any way. But still this is really stressful for me because I hate not doing my exercise, I like staying fit and playing soccer.( I was kind of one of 'the best players' know they have to make new try outs for my replacement. ) 
    • Posted

Completely understand your frustration! I've been overdoing the exercise a bit I think and it's caused my blood pressure to drop quite dangerously so honestly, you'll be better to wait for the next one, you don't know what's going on inside! Prepare your muscles perhaps by doing light things like going up on tiptoes to stretch your calves for a few sets and as many reps as you feel comfortable doing. Something else I've been doing is arm stretches! Just stop when you feel your body repelling!

• Posted

Update

im going to a check up with my surgeons and my gynaecologist on April the 5th and I'm going to see if everything is good then I'll ask if am able to play soccer and do exercise.... I will have 4 months since surgery in April smile

• Posted

At the end of February I started to do a little excercise by this time in March am able to run and it doesn't hurt! But I'm really careful , from the moment I feel exhausted or a little pain I stop . I can do 8 races in a running track now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.