150mg Sertraline 😖

Posted , 4 users are following.

So afew weeks ago my doctor up my meds from 100 mg of Sertraline to 150mg he says that not very high dosage but something doesn't believe him. I think my doctor is amazing and he has really helped me out over the past couple months the only thing is I have the prescription for over three weeks now and still not got it so I have gone three weeks with out meds at 1st I felt fine!!!! But now I feel like am slowing cracking up and stepping back into old habits at the moment I was also kinda telling my self as I don't wanna be on these tablets for ever but I don't seem to function without them it seems.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kara,

I'm not on Sertraline instead I'm on Venlafaxine 180mg upped from 75mg.

I was the most anti-medication person ever for my anxiety, depression and panic disorders.

I struggled through for almost 10 years before I finally gave in and tried meds.

At first they gave me Citalopram and that turned my world upside down, literally, then I tried Venlafaxine and it worked.

I'm not great but I am better. Even had to up my dose to feel this way.

I'm reluctant to go any higher coz then I'd be on the highest dose.

My advice is if the meds were working for you then persevere but if not then talk to your doctor for an alternative but you can't stay feeling like you do.

I assume you may feel so bad is because of quick withdrawal since you haven't taken any for a week.

I'm probably going to be on meds for the rest of my life but I'd rather give up being meds free than having no quality of living.

But that's my personal choice and you have to know and follow your own.

Hope this helps. You're not alone.

Xxx

• Posted

Hi Kara, I am also on 150mg of setraline, my doctor told me the most you can take is 200mg so it is a higher dose. Why haven't you got them yet? I'm not sure where your from but we get the prescription the same day in the UK. Make sure you contact them, if they help you then don't feel bad for taking them. You can gently go down the dose in time and hopefully you won't need them for a long time but if you do, you do. Don't worry about it Xxxx
  • Posted

Its best not to mess about when it comes to medication listen to your doctor that what you pay him forcheesygrin
  • Posted

I would have gotten withdrawal symptoms if I didn't take my meds. I have a hard time getting on them and off. It's not fun.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.