150MG Trazodone - Cluster headaches.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this. I have been taking 150mg of this medication since mid January 2018 for insomnia, agoraphobia, panic attacks, and depression, it does help me nod off to sleep, the past few days i have had nothing but splitting headaches, weak muscles dizziness, not to mention a super dry mouth mostly all the time and forever running to the toilet to urinate, overall this drug has kinda sucked the life out of me, just cba doing anything and that was never me, now all i want to do is sleep the days away and hope i wake up without feeling like utter rubbish. Has anyone else had any problems with this medication ? I would love to hear your story. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I take 100 mg of trazadone nightly and occassionally i get a headache and feel sluggish for a brief time in the morning when i get up but goes a quickly. You may need to bump it down to 100 mg and see how that does.. On occasion i have taken 150 mg and the next day felt yucky. Call your doctor and see what he thinks..
  • Posted

My Mom was prescribed 100 mg 5 months ago and she went from being sleep deprived to being majorly depressed with debilitating anxiety, severe constipation and feelings of impending doom!  The stuff interferes with her reasoning so much she cannot even fathom that it is the medicine causing all of these side effects.  Instead she thinks there is something seriously wrong with her but she won't leave the house or see anyone to find out what is wrong with her.  And the ignorant internist just keeps calling in refills without her even having to be seen.  What if there is something majorly wrong with her?  I am not sure I will ever know because she is spiraling downward so quickly and I don't know who to turn to for help. Everything I have been reading seems to indicate that it works OK for some people who already are depressed. I don't understand why a regular Doctor can even prescribe such mind altering drugs.  It should be done under supervision of an expert in that field.  But regular Doctors write it so much that have made it the most written script "Off Label" Meaning it has never been thoroughly tested or FDA approved for treating insomnia alone.  Most of those reviews I have read people talking about how much they hate it and wish they had never started taking it!  That is what is strange when they say it is non-addictive, but you cannot just stop taking it because you will have withdrawals - you have to taper off of it.  Also, most medical articles I have read indicate they don't use it at all in other countries because of the horrible side effects many people experience.  I don't know how to help my Mom get off of it yet but maybe I can keep someone else from ruining their life too. sad

• Posted

this is an old post, but i am having issues with traz too, but don't really know if its the traz or not. i am constantly dizzy!! it's like a low level dizzy and i am not sure what is going on. i am on such a tiny amount of traz, it seems hard to believe it would cause this...it could also be anxiety? i don't know. are you still on the traz? still feeling issues? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.