15mg for about 2.5 months - stopped 3 days ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I started on the mirtazapine 15mg around mid October and initially I only had some drowsiness in the morning as a side effect. A few weeks later I had some strange dreams/nightmares along with some hallucinations, mainly hearing things that weren't there but they both eased off. 

Around 6 weeks ago I then developed this strange sensation in my lower tummy area occasionally making me want to go pee (which I did at times) but I would wake up every night around 3-5am. So I don't know if it's connected to the Mirt or not. Then about a month ago I started developing bouts of frequent urination, like I would end up peeing maybe twice within 1-2 hours which is unusual for me to do so. I usually go around 2-3 times a day!  So anyway still having these symptoms and I figured if it is related to the mirtazapine then I should stop it. 

I went up to 30mg for a few days at one point but then went back down to 15mg. Took 15mg once a day for about the last two weeks and decided to stop it altogether 3 days ago.  So I don't know if I'm what experiencing now (the middle of night waking with mild sensation of wanting to pee) is related to the drug or not. I've had urianalysis done 4 times, all normal, tested my blood glucose level using home testing kits before/after meals and that's normal too. 

I don't know the feeling I have is this slight uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, possibly anxiety related or something else. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi ru

didbyou only take the strange feeling in your tummy when you started mirtazapine?

Have you stopped 15mg mirtazapine? 

Pare you not feeling any withdrawals if your not taking mirtazapine?

kaz

• Posted

Hi Kaz, 

I haven't had many issues with my stomach or anything however I hear that can happen as well. 

Not having any withdrawal symptoms from it at the moment however I'm still having this urinary issue on and off. Today am fine. 

• Posted

Hi ru

hopefully now your stopped them your tummy will be fine guess the loo problems will linger about for a while until the mirtazapine gets out of you system

good luck 

Kaz 

• Posted

Thanks Kaz, although I can't take too long to get the drug out of your system??

• Posted

Hi ru

im not sure how long it takes to get mirt outa your system but I know the withdrawls can last a long time, my tummy settled a few wks after I stopped but I'm 14wks of mirt today and still having withdrawls 

how are you getting ?

kaz 

• Posted

Hi  I don’t know if I can help but I wanted to respond. I have only been on Mirt 15mg for 6 weeks for anxiety and depression. I can certainly relate to the nightmares, which have stopped. I still have vivid dreams but not scary and not every night. I haven’t experienced the increasing need to pee, that sound more like a symptom of anxiety, but I don’t know for sure. My anxiety is less and my low mood has improved. Take care 
    • Posted

Thanks Barbara. I'm not sure exactly what the needing to pee is about but it's only happening from time to time. This could be anxiety related as one day I'll be totally myself with no issues and then the next I'll feel on edge and not quite myself. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.