15mg for just over 2 weeks. felt good but last 2 days have been awful

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys i was put on 15mg for just over 2 weeks now. Ive had a few ups and downs but generally felt really good on it. The last two days however I have felt awful. I have felt my anxiety and depression slipping their way back. Did this happen to anyone else?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've been on 15mg for nearly 3 weeks and as of yet haven't felt good! Still feel depressed and anxious, Im waiting to see if my Dr will increase to 30mg but it's taking ages. Maybe you need a higher dose or it's pooped out on you but generally it take a good 2-4 weeks before you can expect to feel a difference.
  • Posted

Yes they upped my dose to 30 then 45 over four weeks
    • Posted

Yes to start with they take a while I have only been on 45 for a week and a half, getting better slowly. Good luck
    • Posted

Hin Judith.  Does 45mg make you feel drowsy and do you experience any other side effects.
    • Posted

Yes when I take them I sleep really well, the side effects seem to be eating for most people
  • Posted

Hi

I was prescribed 15 mg Mirtazapine and it literaly worked over night.  I just couldn't believe it.  Only problem was I wasb hungry all the time.  I was completely ack to normal for 2 months then like you the depression starting coming back.  My GP upped it to 30 mg which I stuck for 8 weeks but not working. Then I was upped to 45 mg which was awful so I am now on Venlafaxine which I will have to be patient with to see if it works.  It did work for 10 years but then stopped.

I hope you have more luck with the Mirt.  Plenty of people do.

• Posted

Hi. I have been put on this drug for insomnia.  Fitst few nights i slept quite well, but last night i stayed awake all night.. Is anyone else on it  for the same reason.  Maybe 30mg will be better which i shall take tonight.   Hate the drowsiness in the morning though.     
  • Posted

don't worry. the exact same happened to me just over 2 weeks in - got so anxious and suicidal and then it just subsided after about 4 days and now i feel very stable and so much more positive. i think it's just the final push - hold on in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.