15mg starting to have anxiety again.

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all i was put on 15mg of mirtazapine around 3 months ago for anxiety and panic disorder, it worked really quickly and eliminated the anxiety when other medications havent, however its now back with a vengeance the second i wake up the panic and anxiety is rushing through me its awful! has anyone had any experience of this and has anyone increased to 30mg and helped?

thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

did you come off other meds to go on mirt? x

• Posted

its just wierd that its came back full force, my psychiatrist wants me to increase to 30mg i was just hoping others had increased and had positive outcomes, ive been on sertraline a year now hun x

• Posted

i was on Remeron about 10 years ago. It helped me sleep some for a 5-6 months,

and then it lost its efficacy. The neurologist told me never take higher doses

than 15mg, and maybe 7.5 is okay Higher than 15 can cause excitement and hyper-

activity in the brain and CNS. Maybe gradually lower the dose, to 15 mg ? ? or less ?

Exercise a lot. ! Eat foods that calm the system. Try Passion Flower, Valerian root, and

tryptophan. Take magnesium, manganese, 5 htp, Calcium. Natural elements that

calm the soul. Pray and meditate. Be around positive, fun people... and always

think that you will be fine and are loved. Watch humorous videos and funny shows

on TV. Humor and love can conquer anxiety and fear. Be kind to yourself. LOVE.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.