15wks and sore again

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

now @ 15wks TKR and doing much better.

Returned to work this week (desk job)

getting off the bus early and walking 1.5km to work. Using pedal cycle in the office. Walking about as much as my job allows - but..

I now find that my muscles in that leg are very tight and sore - especially the hamstrings - and my lower leg is pretty skinny compared to the other one.

I am presuming its the sudden extra effort causing the soreness but did everyone have this loss of muscle and soreness?

Will it build up again? Seeing surgeon on 20th March so a while to go yet to ask him

thanks

Suzi 15wks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh forgot to say i still don't have zero straighten and it feels like it won't go any further! (about 2 degrees)
  • Posted

Hi Suzi, I am now 15 weeks too and my hamstrings and front of my calves can get very sore if I am sitting too much during the day. If you do extra work on the muscles they will become stronger and your legs will match again. My 1st TKR is now 1 year old and it is still growing in size and strength and I am continuing doing the physio exercises in the pool and riding bike often. I have done rehab many times (7+ recontructions) and this works for me. I know others who stopped rehab when they were mobile and their recovery stopped right there. I have 2 degrees now and am still working to straighten it. It will come. I find my walking gait is improving as it gets straighter. Keep doing what you are doing and do not forget to stretch out after working out. Maybe your hamstrings need more stretching. I do runners stretches..... but I am definitely not running! Cheers,

Mary

• Posted

Many thanks Mary! Great to hear. I was beginning to get moments of real worry. I'll keep on with the physio i was taught and use it as much as possible.

Much appreciated! smile

• Posted

You are very welcome! Hang in there. This is a useful forum for me too. I have been very supported here. Cheers,

Mary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.