16 and embarrassing lump near anus - anxiety high

Posted , 3 users are following.

I can't believe I'd have to type something like this...but I swear I was fine just the other day, minus my consistently high running stress/anxiety.depression/hypochondria.

But, I checked this morning and felt a strange lump near...there, and upon further inspection noticed it was red both on the lump and around it. It's just to the right of...that place and really embarrassing! I get yelled at for complaining a lot, so I'm afraid to bring it up.

It sometimes hurts if I sit directly on it or push on it, bu I also have been not very active at all the past week, and mainly have been on my bed for at least 23/7.

I don't have a fever or anything, but for the past couple of days until 2 days ago I was fairly constipated. I've convinced myself it's some fatal disease or something. Please help??

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Small update, the skin below this lump feels kinda scrunched, and the lump itself is about the size of the end of my thumb. I'm really worried...
  • Posted

It sounds exactly like a hemorrhoid

My husband like always has one

• Posted

Is it possible, presuming its a hemmorhoid, for it to go away on its own?

I know theyre usually purple or blue, buf i never thought theyd be red! Thank you so much for responding though.

• Posted

Look it up
    • Posted

oooooh - don't want to rock the boat here, but the last thing people with anxiety need is google. It only tells their minds that they have something else.
  • Posted

Henorroid or a fissue or a cyst and why doesnt you mother bring you to the doctor.they will know in a second. If you want to make yourself feel better be sure to shower before bed always, keep that area clean after you use the bathroom and eat foods that help you poop and lots of fresh water.next time you ever go to the doctor bring it up and have them see it. Im confused why yiur oarents dont just bring you to the doctor. Anxiety or nit if its ohysical it should be looked at by a doctor, unless your parents are doctors and they have seen it. I dont know
    • Posted

I have an awful tendency to complain about every possible medical condition, thinking i have it. So they got annoyed and just won't take me now, haha.

Is it possible, presuming its a hemmorhoid, for it to go away on its own?

• Posted

No, but they can stop hurting if you use ointment and suppositories, which you can buy at any pharmacy.
    • Posted

You have a lot of anxiety. A lot and yes your issues with your butt needs to taken care of but they need to genyou into therapy because all this anxiety is too much for a kid to handle by themselves.
  • Posted

Yeah my husndand gets it all the time. Don't push when pooping lol and get some cream for it.
  • Posted

That sounds like a haemorrhoid (piles), especially if you have a tendency to constipation. You need to get either a doctor or the Practice Nurse to see it, then you can get treatment.
  • Posted

Totally agree with everyone.. there are a number of creams available from pharmacies that can shrink your haemorrhoid & numbs the discomfort of pain.. Hot bath also helps.. See your GP mcncheri if it gets worse..                                                                                                                                                                                                            Hope you feel well soon - Deb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.