16 colon cancer ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey so I’m new here and honestly I’m super scared and nervous I’m 16 and a couple of days ago I was pretty constipated so I took about 4 laxatives and drank 2 cans of prune juice and the next day I had a lot of Diarrhea but I was just happy I pooped then today I woke up and I pooped and I found bright red blood in my poop my friend who’s also my age was diagnosed with colon cancer the other day so I’ve been really on edge my diet hasn’t always been the best but before any of this happend I was excercising and eating a lot healthier it doesn’t appear everytime I poop and i haven’t lost any weight I feel pain (not constant) in my groin area my tailbone and my sides sometimes sharp but my mom thinks it’s feom excercising  I’ve had blood in my poop when I was younger but they all turned out to be anal tears and no one in my family has had colon cancer before as far as I know any information you have helps (I’m also slightly a hypochondriac so I’ve been feeling anxiety for days with no sleep) thanks in advance 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Colon cancer is rare at your age, it is really sad your friend so young got it. I think your blood is likely from anal tears you experienced when you were young and the pains and bowel changes are due to your anxiety of tje whole situation. Anxiety affects the body a lot. When I was going through health anxiety a few years ago, I also had weird pains and changing bowel movements.
  • Posted

Probably having diarrhea caused a hemmroid or aggravated one. Colon cancer would be extremely rare at your age even if your friend does have it. If you are concerned please see your doctor as something else could be going on that needs treatment.
  • Posted

Kayla I'm also sorry your friend got colon cancer so young I also agree it's probably not but I'm not a health care professional but if you aren't losing weight and still eat well that's a good sign my aunt had colon cancer but I think most have alternating bowel habits 4 laxatives was probably way to many along with the prune juice and it may of irritated that sensitive tissue or if you were that compacted maybe it irritated everything but if things persist definitely get a doctors opinion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.