Skip to content

Bowel Cancer

Also known as Cancer - Bowel

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Afraid and depressed

For the last 3 weeks i have been having abdominal pains and recently experienced pressure in my rectum or tailbone not sure which one. When i have a bowel movement there is clear mucus. I went to the hospital was told i have diverticulitis. I have lost 15 pounds in 18 days because im afraid to eat anything...i...

Last reply
  • New symptom anyone?

Has anyone had a burning sensation that starts in the back and goes all the way up to the neck? Is this a symptom that goes with bowel/Anal cancer? Getting a colonoscopy in a month but I’m not sure I can take all of these emotions for that LONG. I am at the end of my rope. No sleep for me tonight. Calling...

Last reply
  • 15 years old, afraid that I have bowel cancer

I'm 15 years old, around 5'9 and 130 pounds, my race is white/black I am not on any medication, A couple months ago I was experiencing similar symptoms until they almost entirely went away until about a week ago. I've had a lump above my anus for as long as I can remember but as far as I...

Last reply
  • Four years today.

Made it to four years since surgery today! No problems except for niggling anxiety. It was an extended right hemicolectomy with a blockage, waste build up behind it of over four litres and two small perforations well away from the tumour. T3N0M0. Enough information! Best wishes to all. 

Last reply
  • Polyp found during colonscopy

Hey I’m 31 and I just had a colonscopy because I was suffering from stomach pain and blood in my stool.  The doctor said he didn’t see anything alarming and the bleeding was probably from internal hermroids . But he did find a small polyp and removed it and is sending it out and now I’m nervous...

Last reply
  • My Bleeding Bowel is concerning me !

I’m 39 (40 this year) and for 10 weeks I’ve been bleeding from my bowel and I noticed that I’m was going a lot more to the toilet than I ever have. I tried all the OTC stuff for piles, with no results. I eventually went to my GP last week as I couldn’t go to work as I was so tired and the abdominal pain...

Last reply
  • Very worried

Back in December I felt I was having looser stools my doctor organised all different blood tests which included CEA full blood count and a CRP test which all came back normal. She sent me for a non urgent sigmoidosphy which I had 10 days ago and again all clear. I am getting a dull ache at the side of...

Last reply
  • Mucus in stool

I’ve recently had an endoscopy due to to swallowing and acid reflux problems. I have also had for the past few weeks a constant ache on right side of abdomen that goes to my back and also been passing white mucus in my stools. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow just wondering if these are symptoms...

Last reply
  • I want to run away from my mind! Trapped...

since the day before Christmas I have been having bowel issues. I have been going to the bathroom in the morning but when I lay back down I have rectal pressure and sporadic abdominal pain. The pain is in different places and comes and goes. Since then I have had a decrease in appetite and weight loss....

Last reply
  • Blood wind mucus

hy i am a 37 yr old male, my problem started in may last year when embarrassingly passed mucus when passin gas and when having a bowell movement, after a week or so these symptoms went away and then a couple of months later I had a prolapsed roid. At Xmas 2011 all the symptoms started again mucus leaking...

Last reply
  • Convinced I have colon cancer at 22

So I suffer from crazy health anxiety and I have convinced myself that I have colon cancer.  I was overusing laxatives for about 2 years and have officially stopped using them but ever since then I just have not felt the same.  Ive had a HUGE change in my bowel habits. I also have bad pain...

Last reply
  • Colon / bowel cancer or GERD / IBS?

Hi everyone, I'll try and keep this post as informative and compact as possible. I have questions that i just didn't think to ask my doctor when i last visited that i think can help me shed some more light on what's going on. I've often had abdominal discomfort, usually higher up, under...

Last reply
  • Worried I have Colon Cancer

So I'm a 28 year old female and I noticed I got sick with something about 2 years ago. I had reflux, vision changes, and breathing problems. Would notice a little bit of mucus in my stool but wasn't worried. I got pregnant a bit later and didn't have any bowel changes until I gave birth....

Last reply
  • Anxiously waiting for colonoscopy tomorrow

Hi! I am very concerned and anxious about tomorrow. I've posted before but everything has gotten way way way worse. My stools have been grey, I've been bleeding a lot more, I have lost 25 lbs in 2-3 months, and I have been fatigued like no other. I've had mono before and this tiredness is...

Last reply
  • Back pain

Hi there. I was diagnosed with precancerous polyps about 5 months ago. along with that news that my family doctor gave me, was that I had multiple polyps. Im not sure how many are multiple. I will be going to see my colon doctor next month for the full report. Along with the usual bloating, pain, constipation,...

Last reply
  • Im worried about Bowel cancer, 17 year old boy

Hi! My problems started for about 7 months ago. I was in toilet and noticed some blood and a little bit mucus when I had diarrhea. It stopped and same thing happend 2 months later. Since that I only have constipation or diarrhea with mucus, not blood very often. In this 7 months I have noticed blood...

Last reply
  • Poo in my blood, should I go to doctors?

Every time after a poo there is sometimes blood either after wiping or in the poo itself. Colours can differ, mostly its been bright red or not at all. I went to the toilet today and it was dark reddish and in the poo too, the poo wasn't completely red just patches. I did my research and I might...

Last reply
  • Concerned about Bowel symptoms

I am a middle aged woman who tested positive in the Bowel cancer screening test 7 weeks ago. I am booked in for a colonoscopy, but have to wait another 5 weeks due to the time of year. At first I took this in my stride as I was not symptomatic. BUT what happened next has me an anxious wreck. Over the...

Last reply
  • Help do I have colon cancer

I’ve had stomach problems my whole life. The last couple of years been more brutal then usually 2 and half years ago I started a new job I drive a bus all day . Since then I’ve experience diarrhea and constipation . My doctor told me to take miralax which sometimes work but diagnosed me with a lazy stomach...

Last reply
  • Soft poo for 6 months

Ok so here goes not the best conversation but I am 35 years old and for the last 7-8 months I have 1-2 soft stools a day always first thing in the morning I say soft as not very often they are formed stools..if they are they are only small, lately I have been getting diarreah no more than twice a day...

Last reply
  • 42 and gettin ct scan tomorrow.....just need to talk

I have been having lower abdominal pain for 10 days. Sometimes on left, sometimes by belly button, sometimes on right side. Not so much pain as discomfort.some bloating....It doesn’t stop me from daily activities or make me double over. The cramps are worse in the morning after a Bowel movement when...

Last reply
  • Colon cancer fear in 16 year old.

I am 16 year old and have blood in stool for 2 months. I am a vegetarian and live in india. I have blood in stool and i have lost some weight. I was 61 kg now i am 58-59 kgs. I am really scared i have colon cancer. Plz help me!

Last reply
  • Worried about my symptoms of bowel cancer

Hi guys! So im 16 years old and for the past couple of days i noticed bright red blood in my stool. Im very worried that it can be bowel cancer. Also my stool seems narrow but i have no abdominal pain, however im a little constipated. If this continues i am going to check with my doctor as soon as possible....

Last reply
  • What do you guys think?

I've been fatigued and had digestive problems the past couple of years. I've had massive bloating where I look 6 months pregnant, terrible gas, mucous in my stools, some dark smelly stools and some light coloured. I don't have a pattern to passing stools, it can be 1-4 times a day. I'm...

Last reply
  • What do you guys think?

I've been fatigued and had digestive problems the past couple of years. I've had massive bloating where I look 6 months pregnant, terrible gas, mucous in my stools, some dark smelly stools and some light coloured. I don't have a pattern to passing stools, it can be 1-4 times a day. I'm...

Last reply
  • What Is Pleural Mesothelioma?

Pleural mesothelioma is a cancer that develops in the tissue lining the chest cavity and the lungs. It is the most common type of mesothelioma, making up about 75 percent of the cases. Although there is no cure for this often fatal disease, patients do have treatment options to help extend their...

Last reply
  • Gas / Bloody Mucus

Hi I am a 43 year old healthy male.  I have an issue that surfaced 3 -4 weeks ago. Noticed blood on stool.  Watched for a few days - didn’t go away.  Became more gassy with days.  Then came blood / mucus and gas.  Still having my regular BM.  Albeit I changed my diet up...

Last reply
  • Rib pain

I recently slipped on ice and landed on the handle for the shovel since then I think I may have bruised, fractured or broke my bone. I'm not sure since I've never had a broken bone.  When I stand up to do my house work after 5-10 minutes I get this tired feeling in my ribs where they cramp...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy

In Jan 2016 when I went to the toilet I noticed I had blood in my stool and I went to the doctors who said it was probably just a tear. Feeling relived I hoped it would go away however every time I went to the toilet there was always blood. Then I had constipation and felt like I never needed to go so...

Last reply
  • Three years today.

Apologies if I have written this before. Three years since bowel cancer surgery and all is well. That's all really, except best wishes to all. 

Last reply
  • I have colon cancer?

everything started back in early 2016, my first symptoms were strong diarrhea, and lasted for 3 weeks. now i've been dealing with different symptoms which (almost) are not constant. these symptoms are the following ones: most of the time daily bowel movements (1-4) (before 2016 i've never passed...

Last reply
  • Blood on toilet paper - is it a sign?

A few weeks ago I took a, lets say a stool which particularly strained me. Nothing out of the ordinary and my bowel movements have been fine since then. But I wiped particularly hard and it left a pain in my lower crack, right on the line from the anus to the scrotum, but shockingly I noticed minoscule,...

Last reply
  • Getting worse and anxiously waiting for colonoscopy

Hi! I'm a 19 year old female and have been having pretty serious symptoms for the past year. It started as awful diarrhea a year ago which caused bleeding due to wiping and ever since then I have noticed blood in the stools but chalked it up to something not serious. However, I have been continuously...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.