Skip to content

Bowel Cancer

Also known as Cancer - Bowel

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Gas / Bloody Mucus

Hi I am a 43 year old healthy male.  I have an issue that surfaced 3 -4 weeks ago. Noticed blood on stool.  Watched for a few days - didn’t go away.  Became more gassy with days.  Then came blood / mucus and gas.  Still having my regular BM.  Albeit I changed my diet up...

Last reply
  • I'm age 20 and fear I have bowel cancer.

So recently I have blood in my stool and pass gas alot AND have diarrhoea sometimes. I also have shortness of breath for months.thats another story .I checked my Lungs and heart and they were fine.No Solution for that My father had polyps before so im afraid I have them too. Am I overreacting Am...

Last reply
  • 20 years old, worried about bowel cancer.

Worried and concerned. About three and half years ago I started having strange BMs (constipation, diarrhoea and urgency) I went to the doctor they told me it was down to stress which made sense as this was when I stared having panic attacks and bad anxiety, I also struggle with health anxiety. A year...

Last reply
  • Sharing my experience of fearing bowel cancer

I feel I need to share this experience because I found so many others out there with the same fears and it would have helped me to read something like this. I'm 30 and a few months ago I had alarming symptoms, a few times noticed blood when I wiped.. then had blood coated stool during an extreme...

Last reply
  • flat and small stools

i’m 16 and been noticing i’ve been having rather small and flat stools, but only sometimes. i’ve also had a little blood when i wipe but i think this is from my psoriasis? my stools are a normal brown color and look normal they are just kinda flat. been kinda worried about this the past few weeks help!!...

Last reply
  • Calprotectin

Had my calprotectin score back today of 177, it’s got me concerned as I’m still having mucus stools and what looks like white pieces in the stool. Has anyone had a similar score?

Last reply
  • PAIN UNDER RIBS

First of all let me start by saying I’ve have not been diagnosed with any form of cancer and my thoughts and prayers are with all you strong people beating this awfull disease SOLDIERS ok so I’m a 26 year old male and I’ve been getting pain under my left and right rib cage and allso lower bk since xmas...

Last reply
  • Anxiety has me concerned

Hi all i want to start by saying i work away and cant see a doctor till friday but i will be going. 2 weeks ago i had a bowel movement and upon whipeing i found a pea sized lump i think this is possibly a hemeroid as its in the anus muscle itself this alarmed me and my mind jumped to the worst Sinse...

Last reply
  • Freaking out about colon cancer

Hi everyone, I'm sure you guys have seen this post a bunch of times now but needless to say I am very worried I have cancer. I have had blood in my stool on a regular basis for about a year now, and it is always flat or pencil shaped or very loose. I went to my gp on Monday and she could not find...

Last reply
  • Is this rectal cancer? (warning photo)

I have been panicking for a few days, I have this small bump over my anus, not sure how long its been there but its occupying all of my thoughts lately. Figured I should ask those who might know. It is not painful or bleeding. Is just kind of there.  

Last reply
  • In constant discomfort

Hi new to this group and looking for some help if possiable i am getting a pain in bottom left where bowel is alot goes into my back and get a sort of burning feeling...i get the same pain the odd time at right hand side but mostly its always a dull or sharp pain in left side i have had constipation...

Last reply
  • Very worried

Back in December I felt I was having looser stools my doctor organised all different blood tests which included CEA full blood count and a CRP test which all came back normal. She sent me for a non urgent sigmoidosphy which I had 10 days ago and again all clear. I am getting a dull ache at the side of...

Last reply
  • Blood in stool

For a while now I have found blood on my toilet paper but as far as I can tell not in my stool, I have trouble seeing the difference with browns and reds so I am not 100%. I have taken a blood test which came back as nothing wrong but I still can't help but worry, I know chances are its just nothing...

Last reply
  • Afraid and depressed

For the last 3 weeks i have been having abdominal pains and recently experienced pressure in my rectum or tailbone not sure which one. When i have a bowel movement there is clear mucus. I went to the hospital was told i have diverticulitis. I have lost 15 pounds in 18 days because im afraid to eat anything...i...

Last reply
  • Bowel Problems at 16

So about 2 weeks ago I experienced blood on my toilet paper when I went to the toilet (not in my poo) that carried on but it went away after a few days, then about 3 days later it happened again this time I wiped hard and there was more blood so I got worries but it went away again after I put cream...

Last reply
  • Anxiously waiting for colonoscopy tomorrow

Hi! I am very concerned and anxious about tomorrow. I've posted before but everything has gotten way way way worse. My stools have been grey, I've been bleeding a lot more, I have lost 25 lbs in 2-3 months, and I have been fatigued like no other. I've had mono before and this tiredness is...

Last reply
  • Weight loss sweating

hi 👋 I wondered I recently had bowl removed due to cancer relating from colitis ,I know have a stoma operation was 3 weeks ago I’d ot normal to loose a lot of weight and will I put it back on . Also I’d it normal to sweat a lot in the night is it because of the trauma the body has had.

Last reply
  • I’m 16 and scared of colon cancer

Hi, I’ve been having symptoms of colon cancer and I’m really scared for the past 2 months it started with rectal bleeding and kinda stopped from there but suddenly started getting thin poop and abdominal pain and it could be IBS because ive has anxiety but kinda went away but still even without anxiety...

Last reply
  • Blood on toilet paper

Hello everyone, About me: - 28 years old - 190cm/6.2ft tall, and 90kg/200 pounds - train 3 times a week, with weights and I also squat (maybe this can be important) - for me bowel movements were always an issue, by issue I mean that I cannot do it in 2-3 minutes like normal people, for me it takes around...

Last reply
  • New symptom anyone?

Has anyone had a burning sensation that starts in the back and goes all the way up to the neck? Is this a symptom that goes with bowel/Anal cancer? Getting a colonoscopy in a month but I’m not sure I can take all of these emotions for that LONG. I am at the end of my rope. No sleep for me tonight. Calling...

Last reply
  • 15 years old, afraid that I have bowel cancer

I'm 15 years old, around 5'9 and 130 pounds, my race is white/black I am not on any medication, A couple months ago I was experiencing similar symptoms until they almost entirely went away until about a week ago. I've had a lump above my anus for as long as I can remember but as far as I...

Last reply
  • Four years today.

Made it to four years since surgery today! No problems except for niggling anxiety. It was an extended right hemicolectomy with a blockage, waste build up behind it of over four litres and two small perforations well away from the tumour. T3N0M0. Enough information! Best wishes to all. 

Last reply
  • Polyp found during colonscopy

Hey I’m 31 and I just had a colonscopy because I was suffering from stomach pain and blood in my stool.  The doctor said he didn’t see anything alarming and the bleeding was probably from internal hermroids . But he did find a small polyp and removed it and is sending it out and now I’m nervous...

Last reply
  • My Bleeding Bowel is concerning me !

I’m 39 (40 this year) and for 10 weeks I’ve been bleeding from my bowel and I noticed that I’m was going a lot more to the toilet than I ever have. I tried all the OTC stuff for piles, with no results. I eventually went to my GP last week as I couldn’t go to work as I was so tired and the abdominal pain...

Last reply
  • Mucus in stool

I’ve recently had an endoscopy due to to swallowing and acid reflux problems. I have also had for the past few weeks a constant ache on right side of abdomen that goes to my back and also been passing white mucus in my stools. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow just wondering if these are symptoms...

Last reply
  • I want to run away from my mind! Trapped...

since the day before Christmas I have been having bowel issues. I have been going to the bathroom in the morning but when I lay back down I have rectal pressure and sporadic abdominal pain. The pain is in different places and comes and goes. Since then I have had a decrease in appetite and weight loss....

Last reply
  • Blood wind mucus

hy i am a 37 yr old male, my problem started in may last year when embarrassingly passed mucus when passin gas and when having a bowell movement, after a week or so these symptoms went away and then a couple of months later I had a prolapsed roid. At Xmas 2011 all the symptoms started again mucus leaking...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.