Help! I think I might have bowel cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

So it all started 3 months ago when I noticed a weird sensation in my upper left abdomen where my spleen and top of my stomach would naturally sit. The best way I can describe the sensation is like something is suction cupping from the inside and pulling towards my spine. I’ve also had bowel changes such as, diarrhoea to constipation to “normal bowel”. This constant cycle has been happening for 3 months now. I also noticed when my bowel movements started to change, that I was producing mucus in my stool as well. At first I didn’t think much of it because it wasn’t too bad and happened every second bowel movement but now it’s all the time and it’s an excessive amount. I’ve also started noticing blood in my stool at times. It hurts my stomach to go to the bathroom. I get abdominal pain constantly, excessive gas movement/pain, bloated stomach 24/7, hurts to pee sometimes, really fatigued, feeling full after a couple bites of food, heaviness in abdomen and reflux.

I’ve been to my Dr. and she has done bloods and X-ray that came back normal. My CT showed I had a couple of enlarged right iliac lymph nodes, wall thickening and what appeared to be inflammation of my colon. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done which surprisingly showed no inflammation but they took multiple biopsies and I am awaiting the results.

Something doesn’t feel right though and apart of me thinks that they’ve missed something. I’m not an anxious person and if a Dr. tells me I’m okay then I’m that person that believes them wholeheartedly and never questions them on it but this time I am because I can’t shake the feeling that something isn’t right.

The Dr. wants to repeat my bloods and do a stool test as she thinks when my bloods were done months ago there may have been sonething there but it wasnt enough to affect anything.

I am worried that the cancer may be present in the enlarged lymph nodes in my abdomen and not visible in my colon yet.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hope all is well. Did you get any answers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.