Bloody Mucus and Cramping with Regular Stool

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 39 year old healthy female. I am at a healthy weight and I am active with walking everyday and weight lifting every other day. I have had this issue for about 6 weeks, starting in late August. Around that time, I increased my fiber intake, tried a new protein bar (mint), and I began drinking a pumpkin coffee. I initially thought that it was the baby (I was in the third trimester at the time) pushing on my insides. I had the baby in mid September and symptoms did not improve. I get about half a cup of bloody maroon colored mucus a day. My stool is the same and has not changed. It isn't pencil thin and there is no bloody mucus in the stool itself. I haven't had diarrhea so far. I get cramping when I have to use the restroom and it goes away when I'm done. When ab cramping does start, it's bloody mucus and it isn't any poop. Cramping is very loud and it sounds like hunger pains even when I have already eaten. It doesn't hurt when I use the bathroom, only the abdominal cramping hurts. No rectal pain using the bathroom, so I know it's not a hemorrhoid. I removed all types of allergens from my diet including milk, soy, and gluten. I also started a liquid diet consisting of oat milk, banana, and protein powder. My symptoms improved slightly with this new diet. I had a polyp removed from my colon (where transverse and descending meet) about 12 years ago. I showed my doctor pictures of what I'm experiencing and he put me on antibiotics. I showed the doctor (OBGYN) at the hospital and he said that it wasn't serious. I'm wondering if anyone else has anything similar to me and any thoughts on what I should do. Any help is apprectiated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.