Bowel Cancer Concern

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone,

I'm a 31-year-old male reaching out for some insights regarding my current health worries to do with bowel cancer.

For the past 2-3 years, possibly longer, I've been experiencing abdominal pain in my upper left abdomen, below the ribs. It resembles a cramp but occurs in the exact same spot, never anywhere else, leading me to wonder if there might be a tumour in my colon in the same spot as this pain. The pain is intermittent but not severe.

I was diagnosed with IBS 2 years ago, and I'm sure I mentioned then to my GP as well that I had this pain for a while, but recently it has been more pronounced.

I underwent a CT scan of my entire abdomen and pelvis last week, primarily to check my right kidney due to chronic urinary tract issues and right sided back pain. The results came back all-clear for my entire abdomen. However, I've read that normal abdominal CT scans might not effectively detect bowel cancer or tumours. I've also had blood tests, which showed no abnormalities.

In addition to the abdominal pain, I'm experiencing pain in my shoulder and neck on the same side, which feels similar strangely. I've noticed bright red blood specs on my toilet paper occasionally, no larger than a 5 pence. Very small amounts. My stool itself varies, ranging from large sausage-like shapes to pellets and sometimes mushy consistency (apologies for the graphic details).

I have a GP appointment scheduled regarding these specific bowel symptoms. I'm also waiting to see my Urologist soon to discuss the CT scan results related to urinary tract issues. I'm unsure whether to mention these broader concerns to the Urologist, as it's not directly within their field? However, I'm concerned that the issues I've been having recently regarding my kidney/urinary tract could be related in some way to the bowel issues, and abdominal pain on the left that I've had for years.

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.