16 months after pancreatitis due to hyperlipadimia changed life

Posted , 1 user is following.

hey my names steven

im 29 months off an acute pancreaitus attack my attack was due to being over weight at 23 stone and i liked a drink probs 3 bottles a night 4/5 days a week, my attack was put down to high triglisroids levels i was in hospital for 14 days on fluids this was very scrarey so i deceided to change my life, i stopped drinking beer for a year. i ran 5k three days a week and i eat a low balanced diet were i can , and most off all i changed as a person and started to live again! im now currently 16stone so ive managed to lose 7stone and stop my statins for high cholestrol, 12 months ago i decieded after reading many doctors books i would try having 4/5 pints off larger at an ocasion no more than once a month and have been doing this with no pains no problems for the past 18 months my storey is that we can change our lifes fix our pancrease if its done before CP and we can lead a nice life if you help your recovery take a year out and drink less amounts less frequent hard liquiour alone can increase chances buy 44% beer and wine show now more signes if drunk responsibly! has anyone else turned a corner with pancrease???

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.