Skip to content
Ad

Pancreatitis and Pancreatic Disorders

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Not feeling well - nausea, right back pain, weight loss

Hello.  Ive been a lurker on this site for the past few months in my quest to find answers to issues I've been dealing with since July of this year.  I'm currently going through the medical system here in the US trying to find answers to what aisles me but have yet to find relief of...

Last reply
  • Question on belly ache

I spent Oct 5th to Oct 28th in ICU and hospital.  I have acute necrotizing pancreatitis. I have 3 cysts, 1 is large.  They do not want to drain until I’m healed.  I am not a big drinker nor had gall stones.  I have to go back every month for a CT scan.   My problem is I have...

Last reply
  • Worried about Pancreatic Cancer

Hi there As the title suggests, i am really concerned about Pancreatic cancer. I am 35 years old and in the past few months have started with some very strange symptoms: March - Kidney area pain and dry mouth. Tests: Bloods- all normal including Diabetes. April - Pain under ribcage, both sides. This...

Last reply
  • Pancreatic Cancer or Pancreatitis or Gallstones

Hi, Hoping someone can help me. I am 27 and have been suffering with constant upper left bain pain since Jan this year. I have been backwards and forwards to my GP and was referred to physiotherapy which did not help. I have been in A&E twice as a result of the pain. I am due for bloodtests and...

Last reply
  • Pain under left ribs

Hi, I've been having recurring pain under my lower left ribs for 5 months now. Dr has tested bloods, all normal. Had full cardiologist check, ecg etc all normal. The pain initially felt like a really uncomfortable ball under my ribs and I struggled with sitting for a couple of days. Standing, walking...

Last reply
  • Describe your chronic pancreatitis pain

My doctor thinks I may have chronic pancreatitis and is sending me for an ultrasound scan. Please can you describe your symptoms and pain please. From reading online the pain is horrendous, my pain is mild to moderate but constant with no rest from it. It is worse with walking etc and slightly better...

Last reply
  • Pancreatic cancer as I have steatorrhea so scared

Is it possible to have symptoms of a cancer and still be alive 26 months later, my fears are pancreatic cancer and I can not shake this. It started 2 years ago with a terrible stomach pain which lasted a few days then the yellow bowel movements which led to 2 stone weight loss I also developed terrible...

Last reply
  • about to get diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer

My problems started when i was 14 i had a huge stone which involved taking the whole gallbladder out. 30 yrs later i developed stone's in the bile duct which could not be removed, surgery was done to reroute the bile duct. I have been fighting Pancreatitis for 13 yrs now. Also the rerouting of my...

Last reply
  • Feeding tube

On my third feeding tube in 2&1/2 years. My throat doesn't tolerate these well at all. The last two had to be pulled out early. I don't know how much more of this I can handle. At this point I wish the doctor would do a total pancreatectomy with islet cell transfer. 

Last reply
  • It does get better! Acute Pancreatitis

Hi there, Almost 4 weeks ago I had my first (and hopefully last) acute pancreatic attack. I was hospitalized and put on nil by mouth for 36 hours. My hospital stay was for three nights and then I came home. The first few weeks at home were very average. I was in quite a bit of discomfort (especially...

Last reply
  • pure pain

Just been diagnosed am I elagable for disability what to do pure  pain all the time .

Last reply
  • Worried about pancreatic cancer

Hi Dont really know where to start but here goes!! I will go back to February  2017 where I was getting over a chest infection that lasted 3 months, add to that getting double vision.  Dr ordered chest xray and full blood count which came back low in folate which would describe the double vision...

Last reply
  • Pancreas Problems

Hi Went to see my GP in August with a constant pain under my right ribs going through to my back. He thought it was gall stones and sent me for an ultrasound.  Ihad been home no more than an hour when the GP surgery rang to say he wanted to see me He said I had a distended pancreatic bile duct and...

Last reply
  • 21 year old female, terrified I have pancreatic cancer!

Just putting it out there - I have suffered with health anxiety in the past but I'm so convinced I have something wrong this time. For a month now I have had left side pain, in my back and stomach between ribs and hip bone. The pain is dull and persistent - not bad. I can continue as normal, working...

Last reply
  • Apple Cider Vinegar for pancreatitis?

Hello all. I have a question for you. Would consuming ACV help relieve an attack of CP/AP or is it only with gallbladder issues? Im asking because I have found out, if I drink Apple Cider Vinegar when I have an attack, then the pain will subside in 15-20 minutes. I read this would help relieve gallbladder...

Last reply
  • Possible medication induced pancreatitis?

Hi all, I'm new here. So, about 4 years ago I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, and educated to lose 50 pounds, and I was put on metformin for insulin resistance. About 6 months after starting metformin, I began having random pains in my mid chest, right under my sternum that would...

Last reply
  • Idiopathic Acute Recurrent Pancreatitis

Hello, 4 months back I had abdominal pain in the upper part , i took some medicine for pain and indigestion , but the pain continued , next day doctor gave me a pain killer injection but the pain didn't cured, soon i was sent for an ultrasound which showed that i had accute pancreatitis , I was admitted...

Last reply
  • Mystery Pancreatitis

I'm 27 years old. Was diagnosed with pancreatitis 8 months ago. My symptoms are upper abdominal pain that is constant. I had a temporary spike in blood lipase and amylase at the time of diagnosis that has since been within normal ranges. 1 ultrasound, 2 MRCPs (1 w/contrast), 2 CTs(1 w/contrast),...

Last reply
  • Coming up to six months since acute pancreatitis diagnosis

Hi, Looking for a bit of adivse/share my experiences with people. In October I was rushed to hosptial where I found out I had acute pancreatitis from too much alcohol. I was a heavy drinker from the age of 18 and I'm now 25. I was kept in hosptial for 6 days. I was advised by one doctor to...

Last reply
  • Help Please

For 18 months i had pain under my left ribs that sometimes spread to my shoulder. I always suffered pain after eating. The last 6 months the pan has now moved to in between my sternum and navel. It is slightly sore to touch and when the pain is bad Tramadol and Co-codamol dont completely shift it. I...

Last reply
  • Chills and aching.

Hi. I suffering from chills and aching all over. I cannot seem to warm up at all. Day 4 of an acute attach. 

Last reply
  • Lyrica

My doctor wants to put me on Lyrica. I have read a lot about it but I'm curious if any of you have tried it and if it helped at all. Thanks so much!

Last reply
  • Unsolved Pancreas / Gallbladder - Normal tests

From the US here. I am 29 and come from great genetics with no medical problems on either side.  In Feb 2014 I had a severe (what I thought was food poisoning) attack with severe abdominal pain with nausea and didn't go to the hospital.  I recovered after a week or two with terrible bowel...

Last reply
  • I am scared that I have serious problem with my pancreas...

Hello everybody, First af all, sorry for my bad language I live in Hungary, I am a 42 year old male. I have strange abdominal symptoms for a half year. Maybe somebody can give advice or has similar experience. Long story short: my problem began in the middle of march of this year, with a small, annoying...

Last reply
  • Chronic Calcific Pancreatitis_Problems and Life Expectancy

Hello, I have been diagnosed with Chronic Calcific Pancreatitis 6 months ago with epigastric pain, radiating to back and increased postprandially associated with steatorrhoe undoucmented weight loss. CEC Abdomen showed chronic pancreatitis with dilated pancreatic duct and extensive calcification. I underwent...

Last reply
  • Symptoms in the last month only 20 i am very scared.

I think i might have pc im barely pooping having pain under my left rib cage that i feel in back. Bruising easily sweating on and off dry mouth dry throat at night cant sleep because i am only 20 i have a wife and we are about to have our second kid the symptoms have come on the last month i am overweight...

Last reply
  • Left ribs protruding

Hi Guys im Rose age 55.. this past few months i noticed that my left ribs is protruding, its not painful , nor feel pain in that area, its just protruding?. Anyone can tell what symptoms is this? what kind of doctor do  i need to see ? What shoul i do?  Thank you! Any help very much appreciated ...

Last reply
  • Pancreatitis -- confused by my situation, how to proceed?

I had been having my lipase levels checked regularly since last January (Jan. 2016) as part of a monitoring program for a drug I was taking. My baseline lipase was slightly above the upper limit of normal (70 U/L where the upper limit of normal is 60). Over the course of about a year and a half my lipase...

Last reply
  • Blood Test for Pancreatic Cancer

I had the CA 19-9 blood test done for pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. It was a little high-41.  The normal is less than 34. Does anyone know if this is serious or not?  I have tried to find out info online but had no luck.  Is there anyone here that has taken the same test or knows...

Last reply
  • Low lipase level. I'm scared.

Hi everyone. A little about me first. I'm a 35 year old woman. 133 lbs. Non smoker. Occasional wine drinker. So in the past 2 months or so I've been very dizzy and weak off and on. In the past 3 weeks I have been very sick with diarrhea and still have the extreme dizziness, fatigue and weight...

Last reply
  • Idiopathic Chronic Pancreatitis and Severe Depression

This is my first post and not sure where to start. I guess from the beginning. In 2010 I was an athletic gym nut. Trying to be in the shape of my life. 32yrs old Weighed in at 168 and was truly cut for my 5'11" height. After doing some much needed repairs in the bathrooms and refeburshing it...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.