Skip to content

Pancreatitis and Pancreatic Disorders

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • New to this stuff. Need advice

Diagnosed with pancreatitis 4 weeks ago.  Dr tried to tell me I was an alcoholic.   I do drink a lil beer but only a few a day.  Never hard liquor.    Never convinced him otherwise.  Gave me dim hope with my condition.  Went to new doctor and tests showed lil …

Posted
  • CT Results

possible lesion at head of pancreas with focal low attenuation mild prominence of the pancreatic duct. I have no symptoms this was found during another test for something else.I am scared....Can you explain this better for me...

Last reply
  • How to tell if acute pancreatitis has turned chronic?

Hello, I am 27 year old in-shape male. I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis 4 weeks ago after I went out and had a lot to drink. I woke up the next day feeling fine minus the hangover. At the end of the day I ate a 2 1/2 rolls of sushi and got a horrible pain in my upper stomach  . I woke …

Last reply
  • Could It Be My Pancreas?

Hi, New to the forum here. Just need some advice as this just been worrying me. A little over a month ago I started experiencing heartburn, and nausea. I have constipation too, but I’ve always had it. I went to my local ER, they did an US of pancreas, gallbladder and liver (All was normal, but I …

Last reply
  • LUQ pain ...Could it be pancreatitis

I had a gallbladder removal surgery in January and ever since I have had constant pain on the upper left abdomen .The pain lasts for around a minute and is almost always relieved by passing gas or burping .I have had all the tests done and all came out clear ..Wondering what this is .

Last reply
  • Differential Diagnosis

Help With Diagnostic: For last 11 years I experience symptoms that resemble Chronic Pancreatitis in many ways, yet blood tests don’t confirm that. Multiple trips to multiple gastroenterologists did not result in anything conclusive either. So I am trying to find out if other CP patients have any …

Last reply
  • strange symptoms doctor thinks gall bladder I dont agree

Okay here we go I'm 28 year old male. The last 2 years have been a roller coaster with no answers it started 2 years ago I had yellow loose stools that looked like food wasnt being digested and pain in my abdominal. They did a abdominal Ct scan came back normal they then did a colonoscopy didnt …

Last reply
  • Differential Diagnosis(part2)

In previous thread one of forum users reported a curious fact that mental state of depression, irritation and confusion may foretell aggravation of pancreatic symptoms by a day or two. I have noticed similar pattern, namely a mental precursor (depression, mind fog) of relapse of pancreatic …

Last reply
  • Is this PC?

Hi everyone. I have been having a terrible time fearing that I have pancreatic cancer. It absolutely terrifies me, I don’t want to die. I have been having symptoms for about a year now. I got a CT a year ago when I first started experiencing discomfort under my left rib cage. This CT came back …

Last reply
  • Lack of diagnosis since 9 months and loads of tests. Advice?

December 2017 pressure started in the area below my liver/ribs. I did blood tests and a US but nothing came up. Doctor said its a "muscle". Continued up to March, got a MRI with contrast and colonoscopy - nothing again. In June everything changed. I started getting terrible pains after …

Last reply
  • nerve pain from CP/pancreas?

Hello all-- wanted to ask if any folks with known/confirmed CP or pancreas issues ever get nerve-like pain in the upper left shoulder and down their right arm. I have been battling some intense, electric-like pain in my left shoulder, down the backside of my left arm into my pinky finger for about …

Last reply
  • awaiting testing and diagnosis and scared

Im currently awaiting an EUS this will be my first, I had my second acute attack back in June and am so terrified its something more sinister. I know this fear is probably completely unwarranted as I am a 28 year old female; but, still I cant shake the fear of "what if this is pancreatic …

Last reply
  • Left side pressure/fullness and dull pain towards back

For the last several weeks I've been feeling a sense of fullness and pressure in my left side (more towards my back than abdomen) almost like something is enlarged under the skin. This sensation gets worse as I sit at my chair at my job and somewhat relieves over time after I am off work. It is …

Last reply
  • What’s going on?

Hey everyone. So im a 20 year old female who’s fairly healthy but I have been worried sick about having pancreatic cancer. I have been having a constant discomfort in my left abdomen area right below my left rib cage. It’s not a pain, but more of a discomfort. It feels as if something is there that …

Last reply
  • Can chronic pancreatitis cause constant burning tongue?

I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis approximately three years ago, mainly based on slightly elevated lipase levels (usually appr 50-75, with the normal range at this particular lab being 15-48), as well as an intermittent slight tingly, prickly feeling in my upper left back. I also had a …

Last reply
  • Left upper quadrant abd pain

I have been seeking help with this for the past 5 months. Most tests normal except for elevated C reactive protein one elevated lipase with normal amalase. Pain is bearable if i don't eat or move around too much. Taking up to 4000mg tylenol during the day and 400-600mg motrin at night to …

Last reply
  • CT scan

I had a CT scan done last Friday. Consultant wanting to have a good check as I couldn’t have a colonoscopy.  But of a long shot question but would anyone know how long I would have to wait for results. Especially if something sinister was found ?? 

Last reply
  • Are these symptoms of pancreatic cancer?

First of all it came on with upper abdomen pain a week ago, this is high up in the abdomen, it varies between middle, off centre more to the right at times, but sometimes a painful twinge high on the left as well. I've started getting really large bulky stools which look a little pale. This …

Last reply
  • Yogurt OK?

Hi all I have been suffering what appears to be CP for several months now and have eliminated virtually everything from my diet except oatmeal, small amount of fruit, boiled veggies, herbal tea and the odd cup of weak tea. How does e eryone feel about 100% natural fat free yogurt, I read smewherr …

Last reply
  • Can this be pancreatitis? Please help!

I suffer from severe pain upper left top (under breast) which radiates down my left side. I started suffering from acid reflux in January for which I was prescribed Omeprazole in March. Blood test in April showed iron deficiency. I had a blood test just over a week ago and it is showing that I have …

Last reply
  • Chronic Pancreatitis

I was just diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis. I have just been through 5 days of liquid only or close to it (been eating some broth with rice in it). Anyway, I have not slept at all because of the incredible pain. When will this pain go away! I have done the hydrocodone, tramodol route and felt …

Last reply
  • Undiagnosed Chronic Pancreatitis

For the past year I have been battling upper right quadrant pain. It is not severe, just more annoying. It feels as if someone is pulling apart my ab muscle and has point touch tenderness. Since June 2017 I have had multiple abdominal sonograms (the most recent being a couple of weeks ago),a  …

Last reply
  • MRCP Scan

i have been told I may have Chronic Pancreatitis but was he Doctors are not doing anything. I have been told an MRCP Scan would tell me if it was Pancreatitis. My GP here in Scotland said they can not refer me for the scan only a surgeon can do it. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or can my GP …

Last reply
  • Pain under left ribs

Hi, I've been having recurring pain under my lower left ribs for 5 months now. Dr has tested bloods, all normal. Had full cardiologist check, ecg etc all normal. The pain initially felt like a really uncomfortable ball under my ribs and I struggled with sitting for a couple of days. Standing, …

Last reply
  • Hypoechoic Pancreas?

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you happen to know what this means? I have a copy of my ultrasound imaging, and the first scan in August showed a 12mm cyst on the tail and the pancreas was "generally hypoechoic," and other than the cystic legion was "unremarkable." A CT scan …

Last reply
  • Pain under right rib, upper right back for 20 months.

Hello all-- Long time lurker. 35 year old male, good physical shape, bike ride/run 30-50 miles per week. Thought it was time to post something to see if there are any suggestions or stories of similar experiences. 20 months ago I developed a sudden pain under my right rib (and upper right back) and …

Last reply
  • Chronic pancreatitis

I was diagnosed 10 years ago. Embarrassed to say, did not stop drinking alcohol. Admitting that I drink excessive. I have been pretty much symptom free. Only occasional episodes of nausea,no abdominal pain . Lipase levels mostly normal with occasional mild elevation. Just wondering if I was …

Last reply
  • Frightened !

Hi, I am so frightened.... I had my gallbladder removed  Feb 16 th 2018... and  have not felt much relief... I still have same symptoms as when I had my gallbladder... there were no stones which dr. said is good... however the stomach pain, nauseau, sour stomach, pain under right breast …

Last reply
  • Incidental Elevated Lipase Level Found

Last week I went to the emergency room after a night of pains in the center of my chest.  I’m pretty certain it was acid reflux,  but I was making sure it wasn’t heart related.  Heart enzymes returned normal, but my Lipase levels came back slightly elevated at 67.  Normal high …

Last reply
  • Fighting the fight

Hello, all  I've been fighting something for some time now and I was hoping this post may come back with some suggestions or direction, as I haven't had a lot of success medically or independently to this point. For several years I've been experiencing GI issues without a …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.