Skip to content

Pancreatitis and Pancreatic Disorders

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Abd mild but constant pain, so afraid of PC

Hi all, I’ve been reading the forum for a long while with frustration. I would let my feeling go for at least once. 2 years ago, I started having mild pain in my ruq and the back. It became more like constant, but never too bad. I changed 3 GP and had many times of blood, echo, all came normal. Last...

Last reply
  • Coming up to six months since acute pancreatitis diagnosis

Hi, Looking for a bit of adivse/share my experiences with people. In October I was rushed to hosptial where I found out I had acute pancreatitis from too much alcohol. I was a heavy drinker from the age of 18 and I'm now 25. I was kept in hosptial for 6 days. I was advised by one doctor to...

Last reply
  • Possible Pancreatitis or just a bad case of Fatty Liver?

Hello all,  I'm new here so please be gentle with me My story is: For about 15 years I've been having off and on pain in my right side, around the right side of my back, and it's gone into my right shoulder blade too. In the last 5 years it's become pretty constant, so much so...

Last reply
  • MRCP Scan

i have been told I may have Chronic Pancreatitis but was he Doctors are not doing anything. I have been told an MRCP Scan would tell me if it was Pancreatitis. My GP here in Scotland said they can not refer me for the scan only a surgeon can do it. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or can my GP or...

Last reply
  • Worried it's becoming chronic

My first acute attack was in 2016 my lipase level was almost 17000. By the time I got to the er I was in shock. I spent several days in the hospital and followed up with gi who ruled it as idiopathic. Us and ct were normal. I started having pain in my sides anytime I'd touch alcohol however, because...

Last reply
  • Pain after acute attack

Hello, I had my first acute attack of pancreatitis 2 weeks ago. Spent 2 days in hospital on IV fluids and NG tube. Lipase levels 115. I continue to experience mild pain (not taking any medications) in my right upper abdomen which is not associated with food (actually food makes it better). No alcohol...

Last reply
  • Chronic pancreatits

Hi everyone. New to this. I need some advise please. I have been having really bad abdominal pain just under my left rib, the pain is always there, its like a dull drilling pain but sometimes can be very painful. I take co-codamol to deal with the pain in a daily basis. I am a drinker, on average 8/10...

Last reply
  • Frightened !

Hi, I am so frightened.... I had my gallbladder removed  Feb 16 th 2018... and  have not felt much relief... I still have same symptoms as when I had my gallbladder... there were no stones which dr. said is good... however the stomach pain, nauseau, sour stomach, pain under right breast around...

Last reply
  • Chronic Pancreatitis?

Hi everyone I’m looking for some advice. 3 Doctors have said I may have CP but they won’t do a MRCP. My faecal Elastase was normal and and Ultrasound and MRI I had done last year were clear. I explained that my condition changed after I had the tests done. I have Epigastric Pain, early satiety, Nausea,...

Last reply
  • Amylase, T3 and T4 slightly elevated

My son who is 11 years, has the following conditions/readings: - Food sensitivities (gluten, dairy, lactose) since birth - Serum insulin < 2  - TSH: 2.51 mIU/L - Free T4: 20.8 pmol/L - Free T3: 7.2 pmol/L - Serum Amylase: 121 U/L His weight gain has been low over the last 2 yrs. No other visible...

Last reply
  • Abdominal block suggested or pancreas removal

I have Pancreas Divisum (born with two pancreatic ducts that never fused together). Due to that rare condition it has caused chronic pancreatitis at my young age (38). For the past 12 months I have undergone ERCPs every other month to widen my ducts in an attempt to prevent future attacks. My pancreas...

Last reply
  • Possible chronic pancreatitis???

Hi everyone. I’m a 20 year old female and for the past 2 years I’ve experienced a lot of pain in my stomach just below my rib cage which goes through to the same area of my back. I get this pain every 2-3 months. The pain I experience will move around my stomach, it starts in the centre (below my rib...

Last reply
  • Chronic pancreatitis and possible mass?

Hello everyone.  Quick history: I had acute pancreatitis when I was 16 due to a medication.  I had another attack, this one quite severe, when I was 22 with no known cause.  I'm 38 now.  In march this year, I had a mild episode of pancreatitis that lasted about a week.  It...

Last reply
  • Bilirubin and pancreas problems.

I’ve been having vague problems for a while.   Started in Jan /Feb this yr with upper left back pain.  Then about 5/6 wks ago I developed a change in stools. Softer than normal, bit lighter in colour not really offensive smelling  two bouts of diarrhoea.  Colour fluctuates between...

Last reply
  • Back pain after acute pancreatitis

Hi, a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with gallstone acute pancreatitis.  I have since had my gallbladder removed and been told that this should mean the pancreatitis problems stop. But I still have a burning pain on the left side of my back and am so worried that it will never go away.  Has...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like Chronic Pancreatitis to you?

Hey Friends, wondering if anyone can help steer me in the right direction. I have had pain and soreness ON my left rib cage, under my breast and around to under my arm pit - following the rib cage line - for the past 6 years. It is worse if I am constipated (sorry for TMI), and much worse if I have wine....

Last reply
  • Pancreatic cancer as I have steatorrhea so scared

Is it possible to have symptoms of a cancer and still be alive 26 months later, my fears are pancreatic cancer and I can not shake this. It started 2 years ago with a terrible stomach pain which lasted a few days then the yellow bowel movements which led to 2 stone weight loss I also developed terrible...

Last reply
  • Pancreatitis

Was diagnosed with H-Pylori 18 months ago. Finally got rid of that but pain in upper middle abdomen persisted. I've had CT scans , colonoscopy, upper GI , and Hida scan. Everything was clear. But the abdominal pain is worse than ever. It's 24/7 , and has been that way for months now. The Hida...

Last reply
  • Does Pancreatitis Pain Focus Changes with Movement?

To all those who suffer from pancreatitis, does your pain shifts focus with movements like if you walk for sometime does that help in changing the focus of pain? Similarly does lying on bed in certain position for long time change focus of your pain or is the pain always in the same location no matter...

Last reply
  • Describe your chronic pancreatitis pain

My doctor thinks I may have chronic pancreatitis and is sending me for an ultrasound scan. Please can you describe your symptoms and pain please. From reading online the pain is horrendous, my pain is mild to moderate but constant with no rest from it. It is worse with walking etc and slightly better...

Last reply
  • Need advice for Chronic pancreatitis diagnosis

I have not been diagnosed with CP my MRCP and CT were fine in March.  However I have fatty stool which my dr says is EPI.  I am freaked out because the google told me EPI is usually caused by CP yet the see no abnormalities and all my blood and stool was fine except excess fat in stool.  ...

Last reply
  • Very confused and full of anxiety please help

Hello, my name is Jenn i am 51 years old.  I have written on here before and have always gotten very good advice.  After getting a thoracic spine MRI, a cyst 2.6 cm on the tail of my pancreas was found.  I went to my Gastro doc who referred me to the director of pancreatic medicine in...

Last reply
  • Left mid back

I’ve been to Dr more times than I can think.   My question is could a pancreas problem JUST give pain in the back ?? I also had an upset tummy for about 10 days , which consisted of loose bowels but nothing else. That now seems to have improved.   I have posted here before and have had helpful...

Last reply
  • How to gain weight with chronic pancreatitis???

I was just diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis... I have always been small... I've been trying to gain weight for years but I would always stay around 100lbs... Now I have dropped to 90lbs and really look sickly... I'm new to this and still trying to figure out what I can and can't eat......

Last reply
  • Atrophy of the Pancreas but all my blood work normal

I have been feeling stomach pain since mid July 2016. I had blood work drawn for pancreatitis, an ultrasound performed and both came back normal. I then went to a GI doctor who performed an endoscopy and that too came back normal. I kept telling my doctor "I know my body, I KNOW there's something...

Last reply
  • Worried

For around a month ive felt i had something stuck under my right ribs now its getting worse pain under right ribs , diarrhea after eating anything and an ache high up in back . Feeling as if rib cage getting squashed at times . Im starting to worry can anyone advise please .ive had gallbladder out so...

Last reply
  • Mild Left Side Pain with Gallstones

I've had some troublesome symptoms for about two years now. I have...  1. A dull ache just below my left lower rib that increases in severity depending on how I eat. I can't tell exactly what makes it hurt more.. what I eat, how often I eat.. how much.. I can just tell that sometimes its...

Last reply
  • Pancreatitus

I had acute pancreatitus a couple of years ago spending 8 weeks in hospital, 3 of these in ICU. 12 days of which i was on life support due to everything starting to shut down. My question is will i have pancreatitus for the rest of my life as the pain is starting all over again.

Last reply
  • Pancreatitis ???

Hi everyone, I'm new here, however every symptom described is what I have! I also have Invasive Lobular Breast Cancer that in 2014 metastisized to my peritoneal area. I just had a CA 19-9 test done.  My result was 32. The normal range is 0 - 35.   I wonder what most peoples levels...

Last reply
  • Recent ERCP to remove stent

Ok so i have had chronic pancreatitis sence i was in 8th grade due to small duct just born that way. i have had many attacks ending up in the hospital having stent placed in the duct more time than i can count allso have had stones removed and build up of calcification removed and just 2 monts ago...

Last reply
  • Possible Pancreatitis?

Hello, I'm a 19 year old male and have experienced some strange abdominal pain the last few months. It's in my upper left abdomen, and when I push on the spot, it shoots over to my back, which makes me think it's an issue with my pancreas. However, it's not really instantly triggered...

Last reply
  • Maybe Pancreatitis but what level? I'm confused!

I believe I'm having a milt attack of pancreatitis but I'm not sure how bad it is.  All I feel is some dull pressure just under my left rib cage.  It happened after having several drinks of wine around one year after not touching alcohol.  I never drank much at all in my life. ...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.