Don’t know what to do scared and baffled

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello Everyone,

I started to notice a greasy film in the toilet after a bowel motion around January time. I had started a keto diet to lose weight but when I noticed this I stopped.

I hoped it would return to normal but it didn't so I went to the GP my stool wasn't foul smelling, bulky, or very pale it would occasionally float then sink, I asked for a faecal elastatse test and an MRCP.

THE MRCP was apparently normal I also just happened to have a CT chest and Abdomen with contrast booked for another chest issue, nothing was reported on that either, however, my elastase level came back at 107 .

I haven't had acute pancreatitis and I have had no pain, two occasions I remember having very slight pain that ran along my left rib border for less than 30 secs that is it, then it went and never came back.

I am worried I have CP, I did drink but I wouldn't say massively excessively and I don't smoke.

I have read about CP and now I am utterly terrified I just feel a sense of utter doom and I have two young children, can anyone help or give me something positive ? anyone with experience of this issue . I would really appreciate it, genuinely never felt so alone, I have been given PERT and that's it no advice nothing!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.