Still in Pain 4 Months After Acute Pancreatitis

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

ive been reading loads of really well informed advice on this forum so i am really hoping that somebody can offer some advice in my case.

i had acute pancreatitis 4 and a half months ago. i was in hospital for 12 days. since my discharge from hospital i have had abdominal pain every day despite taking a range of painkillers including tramadol, pregabalin, tramadol and Oxycodone. I have had a CT scan that was reported as my pancreas being better but still some fluid collection and fat stranding in my pancreas- the Drs have said this shouldnt be causing me so much pain and that i should have felt better a few weeks after the attack.

Has anybody else had a similar experience with ongoing pain? the scan also showed no permanent damage and i had an MRCP scan showing no damage either . I am really worried that it is not normal for the pain the continue for so long and that i may have chronic pancreatitis after just one attack

Thank you for reading this

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.