Pancreatitis vs gallbladder surgery suggestion

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive had acute pancreatitis attacks for almost three years now about 9 hospital stays always suggested gallbladder surgery

doc noticed sludge and moving gallstones but not anymore than what most people have

i feel concerned about losing my gallbladder and discovering maybe that isnt the cause

any input from someone experiencing similar challenges

thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sandy,

I started off having the ERCP procedure, which indicated a restricted bile duct, and a sent was used to remedy the terrible nausea, vomiting and general malaise for the time being while in the hospital for 4 days. I then had an ultrasound which showed not only rocks in my head, but in my gallbladder as well. My GI doc told me later that day, that I wouldn't be leaving with a gallbladder. Wonderful! (not)

The GB was removed the next day, and over the next couple weeks, I was still having nausea, etc. I was advised by the same doc to have a colonoscopy a.s.a.p. which I did, but it showed nothing serious. I still had pain, so I found a new Gastroenterologist, who diagnosed me with Pancreatitus, (A coindicence of having the ERCP or GB removal?) Possibly. What I am saying is I believe it works both ways, and is difficult to determine, (in my case at least) which was the cause of the pancreatitus, or was it something different?

It's been a long, strange trip for me!

I wish you good health Sandy and Happy Holidays! Da Shoe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.