16 weeks on Fluoxetine, can anyone offer advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I have been on Fluoxetine for 16 weeks now, 4 weeks on 20mg and 12 weeks on 40mg.

I have also read up on Fluoxetine and have cut out caffeine and processed food and am taking vitamin b tablets to help with the side effects.

I think I have had a few good days off an on over the 16 weeks but yesterday I seemed to go back to day one, I'm so anxious, trembling inside and out, feeling sick etc I am at the end of my tether with it.

I am going to the doctors on Monday and 4 weeks ago the dr said give it another 4 weeks and if no better we can up the dose or change to another med. My worry is that I am going away over Xmas and I don't want to go through the really bad side effects I had at first while I am away.

Has anyone upped from 40 to 60mg I would like to know what it was like or has anyone changed from Fluoxetine who can let me know what happens.

I know some people have said it can take months and monthe to feel the benefits of fluoxetine and am not sure whether to give it more time.

Any advice would be fantastic and I would be very grateful

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was on Prozac for only 2 weeks and decided to stop completely bc i researched the long term effect and its been the best decision i did. I am 13 days off prozac and i feel fantastic. Everything is all mentally. I was never depressed so I really dont understand why my doctor prescribed it. I only had a panic attack twice but I know it was the stress. The first 3 days off prozac I was hard for me to fall asleep but everyday it got better. I drink sleepytime tea and its the best.

• Posted

Hi John, I've only just seen this post, how are you getting on? I'm nearly at 16 weeks now and so up and down and really unsure of what to do!! It scares me the thought of upping my dose as does swapping tablets.

Any words of advice would be so helpful right now 🤞🤞 and i really hope you are feeling much better!! xx

• Posted

hi john just read ure post im on wk11 3wks on 20 mg 8 wks on 40 mg was ok for two wks but have gone down again with all the symtoms am thinking of seeing they will increase me to 60 mg to see if i can get back to where i was dont really want to increase but cant live on knife edge like this.will keep in touch.bazza

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.