16 Year old son has pain on right lower abdomen - seven weeks post surgery.

Posted , 2 users are following.

He had a hydrocelectomy on his right testicle using the Jaboulay method. He experiences a real soreness on his lower right stomach area while walking or doing any sort of activity. The pain started there immediately after the surgery. Has anyone experienced this? If so how long did the soreness last? Any tips? Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I needed a follow up operation last week (first op was 8 weeks ago) because my right testicle increased to the size and weight of a small lemon. There is a few big nerves around that area that can get irritated. you may find it takes 6-12 months to be rid of pain. I had a mesh hernia repair on both sides and in the same area as we are feeling pain now, it took 18 months for 90% of the pain to go. I was convinced I had another hernia it was that bad.

So I would not panic, give it a few months to settle Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.