Skip to content

Hydrocele

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Golden21 Golden21

Hydrocele removal gone wrong

I had a small hydrocele on my left testicle a few years ago and it was removed and went well. However my right testicle has recently been operated on and has maybe lost 1cm in circumference and that it. It was deemed as huge and I’d been living with it for years. And 1 week post surgery I did a …

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Swelling after hydrocelectomy

Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience I have had following a hydrocelectomy.  I am now 10 weeks post op and still have some swelling (egg size) I saw my doc about 5 weeks after surgery and he didnt seem concerned and doesnt want to see me again till December. I have read it can …

Last reply
  • Hydrocele removal gone wrong

I had a small hydrocele on my left testicle a few years ago and it was removed and went well. However my right testicle has recently been operated on and has maybe lost 1cm in circumference and that it. It was deemed as huge and I’d been living with it for years. And 1 week post surgery I did a …

Posted
  • HYDROCELE: Hydrocelectomy problems I am having

Hello. I foolishly underwent a hydrocelectomy surgery for no good reason. I had an unresolved case of epididymo orchitis (which i still have) and a hydrocele on the same testicle. It is now one month after my operation and i have been advised to wait up to 6 months to heal. Here are my problems. 1 …

Last reply
  • 4 weeks after hydrocelectomy still light bleeding

Wondering if this is normal.  4 weeks after a hydrocele surgery I’m still spotting blood from where my stitches were.  They were self dissolving stitches. For the most part is just a spot or two every single day but last week one day and today it started dripping blood.  It stopped …

Last reply
  • Post Hydrocele surgery

I just had Hydrocele surgery 5 days back and am having lot of pain when getting up and walking. I want to know from others about this pain and utter discomfort. Finally when did you get cured of pain and swelling in Scrotum? Were the Testes free to move about in scrotum or placed in some …

Last reply
  • Hydrocele- my experience

I feel compelled to doc my experience here for others to potentially learn from as this forum was very enlightening for me during some very dark times.  I had about 500ml drained, in a pretty smooth procedure. The procedure is the easy part.  I had just day procedure so was home by late …

Posted
  • Hydrocele Surgery

Hello, I had my hydrocele surgery on February 15th, 2013 in Houston, Texas. I wanted to share my story as I was terrified before having the surgery from all the posts I read. Mine was on my left side and was about the size of a small grapefruit. I was living with this hydrocele for about a year, …

Last reply
  • Excruciating pain post hydrocele surgery

Hi can anyone tell me if this is normal. I had a very large hyrodrcele removed Tuesday. My surgeon said it was one of the largest he had dealt with. It has started to grow upwards into my pelvic region and groin. I was in terrible pain at the slightest movement but it was ok if I was still or lying …

Last reply
  • Aspiration

Has anyone actually had their hydrocele aspirated ? And if so what was their experience ? Did the hydrocele return ?

Last reply
  • Testicular

Pain lower groin diagnosed with bialateral hydroceles,will surgery help?

Last reply
  • Hydrocelectomy wound

Hi all, I had my hydrocelectomy on the 2nd of July, exactly two weeks ago, and am wondering why my wound is not healing. Well I know why but am wondering if anyone has had this issue. Approximately one week after surgery my stitches at the bottom of the incision came undone. It looks like half of …

Last reply
  • Surgery wound.

I did my surgery about two weeks ago and my doctor instructed me to dilute Savlon antiseptic with water and use it to clean the surrounding of my wound and also dap on the wound too, then use methylated spirit in same way too every morning so I started from Tuesday till Thursday morning as I …

Last reply
  • Dont be scared of hydrocele surgery

I had read some posts regarding hydrocele surgery and was really terrified by the horror stories I read. I finally went in for surgery about 5 weeks back (after holding off for about 3 years). I am glad I finally had my surgery and my recommendation would be to not be scared as long as you are …

Last reply
  • Very big hydrocele with 350ml

Am not sure of what to think or expect, what do I do? I dont know if anybody had gone through my kind of hydrocele experience, I had a very big hydrocele like the size of coconut but in mango shape with about 300 to 350ml drained as I did my hydrocele surgery about a week ago, no more pain and …

Last reply
  • Hydrocele Surgery Yes or No? Help!

I've had a small hydrocele on my left nut since I was a kid.  It was never much of an inconvenience until about the last year and a half.  I am 36 years old.  My nuts have always been rather on the large side but the affected ball is around the size of an egg.  My main …

Last reply
  • Have Hydrocele -- Weighing My Options

I (a 42-year-old male) was diagnosed with a left testicle hydrocele a few months ago and was told I don't need the surgery, but can get it if I ever decide I want it. This website is the only place I've been able to find discussions on this topic, and from what I have read, it doesn't …

Last reply
  • Anyone ever had an injection to stop swelling?

Hi, I am about 2.5 months past my surgery and I've continued to have swelling after the right hydrocele operation.   The urologist said it is internal bleeding from where he operated on the hydrocele and it hasn't fully clotted.  He says it is some type of hematoma.  I …

Posted
  • Surgery vs alternative

This is a no brained . Go Dr Levine at Rush Hospital in Chicago. 95% plus or minus to cure your hydrocele problem with out surgery . Aspirated with injection of dyoxicyclin is just as good as surgery !!  Mine was 750 cc 'a or 28 ounces !!! Gone in three  months !!  Guys repeat …

Last reply
  • Hydrocolectomy recovery

I️ recently had a hydrocolectomy done 9 days ago, I️ have still been having pain, swelling has gone down a decent amount but the pain is about the same as the first week was, is this normal?

Last reply
  • Post hydrocele surgery loose saggy skin and fold

Hello, I'm 28 years old. I'm almost one year post hydrocelectomy surgery. My hydrocele wasn't too big, the main reason I decided to have surgery was aesthetics and the fact that I could feel my testicle bump into my partner during sex. I had the hydrocele for around 1 year and a half …

Last reply
  • Hydrocelectomy after surgery

Hello, I had surgery 3 weeks ago on my right testicle for an Hydrocele. the wound is healing perfectly, but my testicle is still quite swollen, is this normal? on the other side, my doctor allowed me to resume classes just now and when I get back home I feel a slight pain (more like a discomfort) …

Last reply
  • Success Story (so far)

I was dealing with a Hydrocele and had a hard time finding some success stories. So here is a positive one for those of you looking for a little hope! I am a 27 year old male who is relatively healthy, eats a well balanced diet, exercises 3-5 times per week, and has a decent sex life (one partner).& …

Last reply
  • spermatoceletomy

I am recovering from a spermatocelectomy for about two weeks and looking for others who have had the same procedure who can share their experiences. I am still in pain after two weeks. Both testicles are larger than they were before the surgery and the skin looks and feels as if it belongs on the …

Posted
  • Hydrocele

I don’t even know if this will get answered. But I had hydrocele surgery a few months ago. It came back 2-3 weeks later. It’s extremely big and solid. I’m also in pain in my groin post op but there was no pain pre op. I can feel like a ligament or something stretched out and pulled. I had an …

Last reply
  • Hydrocele returned, what to do now?

I had a hydrolectomy about 5-6 weeks ago, it was quite large, bout the size of a large orange. After the surgery the fluid returned, now it is even bigger at 6 weeks and in a completely new shape. Much worse after surgery than before. I am very much regretting having the surgery done as now I have …

Last reply
  • Positive outcome so far

I had my hydrocelectomy yesterday morning and so far I have had no swelling.   I read a lot of patient comments prior to my surgery and realize this is highly unusual. I attribute this “miracle” to a borrowed Ossur Cold Wave. A friend who recently had a knee replacement was no longer using the …

Last reply
  • Hydocelectomy post-op swelling, detailed timeline

Hi all, I had a hydocelectomy about 4 days ago, and everything is very, very swollen and my scrotum is about the size of a large grapefruit. I've been icing, taking ibu, and wearing the jockstrap / compression underwear but its still quite painful and not showing any signs of going down. My …

Last reply
  • Hydrocelectomy post op

So I'm 4 days post op, I had over a liter of fluid taken out of left hydrocele. I had a drain put in which got removed yesterday. Swelling is very large and very hard to walk. I was told could take up to 2-3 months to fully go down as such mine was one of the biggest he's seen. I have no …

Last reply
  • hydrocele build up need surgery.

Wow hearing the story about the drummer and some other guys that workout. I thought i would get lucky and heel quicker than that. My is the size about an orange and I love working out. Missing 3 weeks is a lot. I got to get it done though.

Last reply
  • Surgery

My 17 old son had surgery for a hydroseal 3 weeks ago..Back to the surgeon with a large hematoma and the Dr said it's not infected but big as a grapefruit so I took to a Dr at the Cleavland clinic he said the same thing ..my son can't walk because it's so big down there and we have did …

Posted
  • Hydrocele

I just cross 26, i am suffering from hydrocele right side since 8 months, but swelling is not remaining permenant, some times its swells and some times it got normal, please recommend me a proper medicne which will effect very rappidly, because i have to go through a medical process for job, and …

Posted
  • Hydrocel Surgery

I had this surgery done a fees weeks ago and all seemed to go well but I've noticed a very hard mass above my testical.Is this normal or will it go away?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.