Skip to content
Ad

Hydrocele

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Swelling after hydrocelectomy

Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience I have had following a hydrocelectomy.  I am now 10 weeks post op and still have some swelling (egg size) I saw my doc about 5 weeks after surgery and he didnt seem concerned and doesnt want to see me again till December. I have read it can take...

Last reply
  • Have Hydrocele -- Weighing My Options

I (a 42-year-old male) was diagnosed with a left testicle hydrocele a few months ago and was told I don't need the surgery, but can get it if I ever decide I want it. This website is the only place I've been able to find discussions on this topic, and from what I have read, it doesn't sound...

Last reply
  • Success Story (so far)

I was dealing with a Hydrocele and had a hard time finding some success stories. So here is a positive one for those of you looking for a little hope! I am a 27 year old male who is relatively healthy, eats a well balanced diet, exercises 3-5 times per week, and has a decent sex life (one partner). ...

Last reply
  • Hydrocele Surgery

Hello, I had my hydrocele surgery on February 15th, 2013 in Houston, Texas. I wanted to share my story as I was terrified before having the surgery from all the posts I read. Mine was on my left side and was about the size of a small grapefruit. I was living with this hydrocele for about a year,...

Last reply
  • Hydrocele in left field testicle

I have been diagnosed with 50 cc hydrocele in left testicle. I am experiencing pain in right testicle also though there is no hydrocele there. I want to know is this normal? Also how much pain should be considered normal when you have hydrocele as I am feeling some pain on and off in both the testicles

Last reply
  • Hydrocel Surgery

I had this surgery done a fees weeks ago and all seemed to go well but I've noticed a very hard mass above my testical.Is this normal or will it go away?

Posted
  • Hydrocel Surgery

I had this surgery done a fees weeks ago and all seemed to go well but I've noticed a very hard mass above my testical.Is this normal or will it go away?

Posted
  • Surgery vs alternative

This is a no brained . Go Dr Levine at Rush Hospital in Chicago. 95% plus or minus to cure your hydrocele problem with out surgery . Aspirated with injection of dyoxicyclin is just as good as surgery !!  Mine was 750 cc 'a or 28 ounces !!! Gone in three  months !!  Guys repeat this...

Last reply
  • Hydrocele Repair - Time to Heal

Like many seeking information on hydrocele repair operations, I had spent 7 years putting up with carrying a small coconut between my legs because according to much of the literature, the operation was likely going to either hurt like hell or fail. I am based in the UK so the NHS looked after my operation...

Last reply
  • Surgery 4 weeks ago...when does the pain stop?

Like the title said I had my hydrocele surgery 4 weeks ago.  The swelling is pretty much about gone.  Surgeon said it could take 6-8 weeks for swelling to go away.  The thing is I have pain in one area still.  Is this normal?  Does it take weeks to go away?

Last reply
  • Post Surgery Sensitivity (2 Years)

I had a hydrocelectomy performed two years ago, shortly after I had an infection that was treated with antibiotics. The size and comfort is MUCH better than before, but I've had a sensitive spot (bottom of testicle where 'cord' attaches) that hasnt really seemed to go away or get any better;...

Last reply
  • 2 years after hydroceletomy

Hello guys I had hydroceletomy left side two years ago and I don't know if my testicle size is too big or not? It is little bigger than size of golf ball, is it big? 

Last reply
  • Aspiration

Has anyone actually had their hydrocele aspirated ? And if so what was their experience ? Did the hydrocele return ?

Last reply
  • Hydrocele Surgery

Had my hydrocele surgery 6 weeks ago today on my left testicle.  The incision is healed - still lumpy a bit.  Putting Vitamin E oil on it daily.  My testicle is still swollen and feels hard and deformed - oblong - 2-3" long and 1.5-2" high.  It hurts in my pants or sitting. ...

Posted
  • Had my hydrocele operated.Everything is very fine now.

Had hydrocele since last 7 to 8 years.Now I'm 21 years old.I was afraid of the surgery so kept on postponing it and i was in search of other solutions but nothing worked at all...may be I didn't search enough.. But at last, I thought surgery is the only choice and the only solution. Read so many...

Last reply
  • What to about post hydrocelectomy seroma?

I had a hydrocele repair surgery nine days ago, no drain was used. 24 hours after surgery there was no swelling and no fluid. Roughly 48 hours after surgery the area surrounding testicle ballooned up with seroma, according to my doctor. I have a follow-up appointment in a month, says if it hasn't...

Last reply
  • Having Hydrocelectomy

I am having the surgery in the fall for a small grapefruit sized on the left side. I am a nurse so I do a lot of lifting and moving patients. What kind of weight restrictions did anyone have after surgery? Thanks 

Last reply
  • Irritated Scar from old Hydrocele Surgery affecting sex drive?

Back in September 2015, this problem started after I had rocked back and forth vigorously in a chair out of habit. A few days after the week that this happened, my abdomen felt soar. By November of 2015 however, my sex drive almost completely dropped by 90%, I had trouble getting and maintaining erections,...

Last reply
  • Cool way to see if you have a hydrocele

When I first found out I had an ultra sounds and was told I had a hydrocele, then a few days before surgery they held a flash light to my testicle and the light from the flash light caused it to glow red but on the side I had no hydrocele on the light would not pass

Posted
  • 10 dats after

I was told to apply neosporin and to put more wraps on the stitches but it sticks and causes pain to redress, and also when do I start back wearing tight underwear other than the jock strap they gave me ?

Last reply
  • Blood from stiches

I've started to be able to walk pretty good but have noticed some times there are small drops of blood coming from the stiches it's not alot and I keep the area clean, is this something to worry about has anyone had this problem

Last reply
  • post-op spermatic cord swelling

I had bilateral hydrocelectomy 7 days ago. I took keflex for 5 days post-op. No major swelling of scrotum or testis to speak of, just some inflammation of the remains of the excised hydrocele. A few days post-op, but while still taking the antibiotic, I noted some pain along the right spermatic cord,...

Last reply
  • Hydrocele

I had hyrocele surgery in may 2013 but i felt little pain around testicele spacialy after masturbation. This problem was from starting after surgery.. What to do?

Last reply
  • Pain

Does gym exercise cause pain around hydrocele, if hydrocele surgery done 4 years back

Last reply
  • Testicle same size as before surgery

I had a hydrocelectomy 5 weeks ago. There is a bit of excess skin. The bigger testicle has not reduced much in size with surgery. I am not really sure what is going on. Does the testicle generally reduce in size post surgery? I got the surgery done because the size was a bit uncomfortable. Just wondering...

Last reply
  • Hydrocele repair and change in sperm quality

Hello, I recently under went a Hydrocele repair over a month ago now. Healing of wound and most other aspects of my recovery seem to be going well apart from one problem that has become a real source of worry for me. I was told to wait 7-10 days before resuming any sexual activity. After a week I was...

Last reply
  • Excruciating pain after Hydrocele surgery

I had a hydrocele surgery 7 days ago. At this time, I have excruciating pain when I stand up or walk. It's a charp burning pain as if someone was pinching my suture area. However, the pain is almost none existent when laying flat on my back. It's the only position to get relief and become comfortable....

Last reply
  • Hydrocelectomy Complications

I just had the surgery done 12 days ago and am having nothing but problems. I've had increased swelling, about the size a little smaller than the original hydrocele. The Dr has aspirated this twice already, but the fluid keeps coming back. The Dr is 95% sure the hydrocele did not return, he says...

Last reply
  • How long for excess skin to shrink?

I had a hydrocelectomy 6 days ago and I have a lot of skin hanging due to one of the hydrocele being the size of an avacado before surgery. I am wondering how long I can expect for the skin to shrink in to cover the testicle?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.