Hydrocele

Posted , 2 users are following.

2 questions;1) Has anyone experienced trouble having Sex because of a Hydrocele? And 2) I'm considering getting the Surgery for Hydrocele removal;What am I getting myself into?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I have not had any trouble during sex when I had my hydrocele but was always self conscious about letting her perform oral...so she didn't.

I had a hydrocelectomy yesterday Friday 3/10/23. This was my second time going through this. The first time was in 1998 (yes, it came back).

What can you expect? I first had to have an Ultrasound of my scrotum before the Urologist would perform the surgery. After reviewing the results of the Ultrasound he determined that I could have the surgery done.

The surgery will take 30 - 60 minutes and you will be under anesthesia and given antibiotics during the procedure. I don't remember anything after I was given Versed which is a medication they give you in pre-op to make you sleepy before they take you to the OR. In post-op I was woken up by the nurse and she checked the area for any drainage/bleeding. I was sent home wearing support (basically a jockstrap) which keeps the scrotum stabalized. I was instructed to take ibuprofen as needed and to put something cold on the area for 20 minutes at a time. I am using a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel. I found that the bag of frozen peas can be easily shaped/molded to that area. I'm only having some minor discomfort to the incision site which is about 1 1/2 inches. I was told to expect swelling about the same size as the hydrocele was for the first 2 weeks before it will begin to diminish and return to normal size around week 6 - 8.

It's day 2 since my procedure and I'm not experiencing pain...just a little discomfort at the surgical site which I expected. Because I work in a hospital I am worried about an infection or worse... gangrene. So I requested and was given a prescription for antibiotics. I feel that had I not requested the antibiotics the doctor would not have given it to me. For now, I will continue taking ibuprofen and putting the frozen peas on the swollen area. I am taking 3 weeks off from work during the healing process. Hope this helps!

Michael

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.