Should I get surgery?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

25 year old with a relatively small hydrocele (about the size of an egg) and I am currently debating getting the surgery. Surgeon I have chosen with has a high success rate 98% and have been advised there is only a 2% risk of complications.

Due to the hydroceles size it causes minimum discomfort and doesnt look too bad. Is it worth it to get the surgery for a minor case like this or is it beat to leave it? any advice is appreaciated thanks!

A 25 year old should not be having to deal with this problem which is my biggest motivation for the surgery however I am also at an age where the last thing on my mind is someone cutting into my balls and potentially risking damage.

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

if youre not hurting and not bothered by the appearance then waiting wont hurt. sometimes they do self correct. without a pic i can't comment further. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.