17 days post op - non weight bearing..... dreaming I am walking ;)

Posted , 3 users are following.

It is very true what they say, you don't miss the things you take for granted until you aren't able to do them anymore!  Last night I had a dream, in my dream, my foot was still bandaged as it is now, I was trying to get around via a wheelchair and my walking frame and then..... I just put my foot on the floor and took a couple of steps! At least it was just a dream and I haven't damaged my foot! LOL! wink :D

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It is so true that you take the basics of life for granted until you can't do them anymore.  It feels like Groundhog Day sometimes!

i tried some larger trainers yesterday and was so chuffed to get them on......however my foot and ankle swelled up and it was very difficult to get it off again so back to croc today.  Slowwwwwww progress!

• Posted

I woke up one night was half the way the the bathroom ( not far) before I realised I did not have my special sandel on. I quickly went back to put it on. I was half asleep and still in a dream. Even something as simple as putting the sandel on every trip to the loo instead of just tiptoeing makes you realise how much we take for granted, lets hope my foot is all as it's meant to be.
    • Posted

I know what you mean. I had my first proper bath today. Heaven. But I had to get into the empty bath with my heel walking boots on, then take them off, then fill the bath. I reversed the proceedure to get out the bath and was absurdly pleased with myself that i managed to get back out without assistance!
    • Posted

Thank you Bev, you have given me a great idea.  10 days and counting until I get my heel shoe smile
    • Posted

Well I've seen my surgeon today. He had a look at my ex-rays and was pleased with the progress. Friday will be the 6 week post op date so he said I should start weight bearing in a normal big soft shoe from then on. I can't wait.
  • Posted

I advise that you make sure there is lots of padded areas that you can rely on to get in and out of the bath as the hard floors and surfaces in the bathroom do not feel good on a vulnerable foot. I rolled up towels and put then on the floor and side of bath to protect my foot in case of need. I made sure I could reach everything easily before I got settled.  

• Posted

Thanks Sue, will make sure I do make the surrounding area as comfy as I can smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.