Skip to content
Ad

Hallux Valgus (Bunions)

Also known as Bunions

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Huge pressure in foot after bunion surgery

Hi everyone I really need some advice. Had bunion surgery 12 days ago on my left foot.... Not a huge amount of pain as I have the foot elevated most of the time. I finished anti inflammatories a week ago and have just finished my course of solpadol.  I have tried to walk around but the amount...

Last reply
  • anyone ever get nerve damage

I have posted this problem before I with concern of this new burning feeling in my foot. This is my 4week,( no weightberring total of 8 wks) and I am still having this burning fire feeling in my foot. It's not just a little burning. Which I do have sometimes, but at most times it's really bad....

Last reply
  • Help!! To fuse or not to fuse that is the question

About to undergo L toe fusion for Hallux Rigidus and Cheilectomy on the R. Scared and worried!! Had failed L Cheilectomy 3 years ago and am aware that a fusion is the next step (cartilage completely gone). I am very active and nervous that I'm going to end up a couch potatoes!! Can anyone advise?...

Last reply
  • Bunion sursurgery

Just wanted to say I had a bunionsyctomy 5 weeks ago and doing really well no.pain expect about a week now every night it throbs and feels really sore sometimes unbearable to sleep alot of throbbing.Please help if u know what causes this.

Last reply
  • Walking after 6 weeks bunionectomy

Hi Friends, For those of you who had only one foot done, I am wondering how you are feeling at 6 weeks. I have been walking for about 10 days in the aircast, as I had the surgery 6 weeks ago yesterday, but my foot is still sore and hurts, and I have severe sciatica in my good leg from sitting around...

Last reply
  • Bunion surgery recovery - when can I scrub my foot?

I had bunion surgery at the end of August 2017, less than two weeks ago, and I will get my bandages off or just changed (not sure) on Friday. I've been using a Limbo when showering to keep the bandage dry. I'm desperate to properly clean my foot and start using moisturisers again. I know it's...

Last reply
  • Hallux valgus (bunion) surgery in athletes

I am a 30-year old professional football player. I have a large bunion on my left foot ( so large that I am forced to use split-size shoes). In my case, surgery seems to be the only solution. To what degree will my performance be affected by the operation? Suggestions and personal stories from athletes...

Last reply
  • Bunion Surgery

I had bunion surgery on August 17th. My surgery was pretty extensive. I was just curious to know if anyone else who has had bunion surgery, had a pin going through their big toe. And if so, when it was removed did you experience a lot of pain?

Last reply
  • Postoperative recovery concerns

Hello everyone I had Hallux Valgus surgery on 10 July but still have no movement and almost no feeling in the big toe. Moreover, the toe appears to be misaligned with the other toes on the vertical axis. The physiotherapist said I should be able to walk without crutches by this stage. But I can...

Last reply
  • Bunion surgery - recovery experiences please

Hello I have just been referred for bunion surgery and I am interested in knowing peoples recovery stories. I am a single mum of 2 children aged 7 & 9 and my job involves driving. So I am wondering how quickly people could driver after surgery and how much support I would need at home from my Mum...

Last reply
  • Big toe fusion after bunion surgery, can I run again?

I had a buionectomy about 8 weeks ago. It was a severe bunion that could only be corrected by fusing my big toe straight as my whole foot was deformed.  While it looks better I am still very swolen and can not wear any shoes. Will I ever be able to run or dance again since I will never be able to...

Last reply
  • Shoe cupboard hell.

has anyone had the problem six months after scarf op, that they can't get their foot into a court shoe , they used to fit me before! I just can't get the joint  into the shoes. It's  left me with a deeper  joint that's not that flexible.  I've just had a trying...

Last reply
  • Big toe fusion issue

I've had several operations on my big toe. It all started with a bunion. I now ended up with a fusion. My issue is that my toe is permanently bent at the second joint. Not allowing me to wear any shoes but sneakers and flip flops. Is this normal?

Last reply
  • Bunion operation in Ireland

Hello everyone, I am new to this discussion. I am contemplating bunion surgery and hammertoe correction in July. Has anyone on the discussion board had this operation done in Ireland. Also has anyone had keyhole bunion surgery done in the UK. Mary

Last reply
  • When to see the surgeon about a developing bunion

I've had 2 ankle surgeries in the last year, spent a total of 12 weeks in a cast. I recently started to develop pain in the big toe of that foot, always on shoes. Only last week did I notice that my big toe has bent in toward my other toes. It is frequently painful. When is the right time to...

Last reply
  • Hallux Valgus & Hammer Toe Surgery Gone Wrong

I may be in the minority as I have searched various sites and yet to find anyone with the problems I have On 28th August 2013 I had both feet operated on. The left foot bunion removed and big toe straightened (this foot wasn't causing problems but surgeon did it as a precaution) Right foot bunion...

Last reply
  • Bunion surgery -having both feet done at the same time.

I would welcome hearing from anyone who has both feet operated on at the same time. I am really eager for this to happen to get it all over with in one go. Also I am 64 --very fit and active --(hike and cycle up hills etc) and  am worried about losing my fitness so am thinking that one period of...

Last reply
  • Bunion surgery recovery questions

Hello, I'm getting surgery on my right foot in two weeks time to remove a bunion and bunionette / to straighten out my big toe and fifth toe. I have a couple of questions about recovery: 1) How much time do people normally take off work?  I have a sedentary desk job and have said I'll...

Last reply
  • Surgeon Experiences

I am trying to decide between 2 surgeons here in the UK (unless anyone else has any other recommendations!) & wondered if anyone has had experience of either of these surgeons: Mr Ahmad Malik or Mr Maneesh Bhatia? Any feedback would be much appreciated. I have read so many horror stories & am...

Last reply
  • Flying after bunion surgery

I'm needing to get bunion surgery, but I live on a the small island of Maui. I've been told by my regular doctor that I'm better off getting surgery done in Honolulu where the surgeons perform more surgeries more often and are better practiced. I also have a good friend that had this surgery...

Posted
  • Advice on Bunion Surgery!

Hi All,  I am 49 years old and find myself in the position of needing surgery on my bunion. The procedure I will be having is scarf osteotomy.  I also have a trapped nerve between my toes and this will be operated on at the same time.  I was due to go for operation Oct 2017 but due...

Last reply
  • Should I go through with bunion surgery?

Hello my name is Alyssa. I'm almost 21 and I have bunions on both my feet. I went to a podiatrist recently and was told I have a mild to moderate case of bunions on both of my feet. The professional opinion I was given was to try the more conservative route before going through with the surgery....

Last reply
  • bunion and hammer toe surgery

Hi has anyone here who had bunion surgery and hammer toe implants ever feel that their foot feels normal? While I do not have pain I am always aware of my toes most of the time and think the ones with implants in are more raised than they should be. This of course is a result of their having been bent...

Posted
  • University After Double Hallux Valgus Surgery.

Good day to you, I just wanted a bit of assistance from people who have undergone the procedure - preferably those who have had bilateral surgery but I'll take what I can get really. I'm a full-time university student and have been told I have 'moderate to severe deformities in both feet'...

Last reply
  • Should I get a second opinion?

Last month I had a bunionectomy on my right 5th metatarsal. The doctor only did a simple bunionectomy, because the angulation of the toe was not very extreme despite it being painful. I will be getting the left 5th metatarsal done this fall when my wife’s vacation days renew. The problem with the...

Last reply
  • Bunion surgery on my two feet at the same time

Hi I am 53 years old and work in retail.. My bunoins aren't particularly painfully but have noticed that my feet are beginning to change shape is my big toe is starting to cross over my other toe.. I have been to the Victoria infirmary glasgow and I'm now awaiting surgery, I'm starting...

Last reply
  • Life after bunion surgery

I had a bunion removed on my left foot nearly 4 weeks ago. I have a sedentary job and went back to work 2 weeks after the surgery. I've been to see my consultant for the check up and had the bandages removed and I am in a heel weight baring ( and rather fetching may add)  sandal. I had pain...

Last reply
  • Back to work.

I had my bunion done in may. All went well. Went back to work 3 weeks ago on part time hours. As I work in retail I'm on my feet all the time. Doing 5 hours instead of 8 but at about 4 hours my feet are killing me. They want me to go back to full time next week. Don't quite know what to do, any...

Last reply
  • What can I expect after bunion surgery

I just had bunion surgery one week ago today. Interestingly enough I am feeling more pain, swelling and stiffness now than I did the first couple of days. I have been following the protocol of keeping the foot elevated and staying off it. Just wondering how long the recovery is?  I am hoping that...

Last reply
  • i just had bunion surgery and its been 5 days now need opinions

Hi everyone, i just had bunion surgery on my left foot, its been 5. Days and trying to elevate as always, now i am just taking vicodin as needed coz i don't feel i need it every 6 hrs for the 1st 3 days. I was supposed to come back to change the dressing but unfortunately they cancelled me and no...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.