Scarf akin osteotomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

I'm 16 days post op having a scarf akin osteotomy for a large bunion. In in my 30s and the wound has healed well.

I'm still not weight-bearing on my foot (left) & using a stick my mum gave me (as I was told I didn't need any aids).

However its pretty sore at times and as it takes 6 weeks for the bones to heal I'm reluctant to push it!

I'm still wearing my orthopedic shoe but only getting short distances with my stick. Should I be doing more?

Also the outer aspect of my big toes is still numb but only this part and I get weird sensations where my bunion once was like sharp jaggy feelings and tingles. I take it this is all normal??

Just looking for other people's experiences.

šŸ‘Œ

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello, i have just been browsing and seen this from a few month ago!

im now 3 weeks since the same op, on same foot as you. i had a dressing changed at 2 weeks, and since then have felt a lot of tingling like pins n needles, which i put down to tight bandaging...

my question to you is how did things turn out for you in the end?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.