Post op bunion surgery swelling

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there,

just looking for some advice, i am four weeks post op after bunion surgery and mu swelling is concerning me. my wound is oozing a little as the swelling is so bad i presume it is pulling the wound apart. Apparantly my bone quality was poorer than they imagined and they struggled getting a fix with the plate and screws. i was non weight bearing for two weeks. i had a fall during that time but it was xrayed and ok. Has anyone else had this amount if swelling?

many thanks Rebecca image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i am about 11.5 weeks post bunion surgery and your foot looks great. Swelling like that is normally but if you can move your ankle around like drawing the alphabet with your foot, and get your toes moving too. If you can bring your knee close to your chest and repeat this a few times a day it will help the circulation and help with the swelling. As long as you arent experiencing any significant pain and there isnt any discharge from the wound or bad smells then you are doing good

• Posted

Hi! Just new to this forum and was looking for other people's experiences.

I am now 4 weeks post op.

Foot healing well and minimal swelling but just still not weighbearing. I'm shuffling around with a stick.

Getting some pain and discomfort around the bunion site but not anywhere near like in the first couple weeks.

I'm a nurse and I'm due back end of June. Worrying a bit about if ill be able to get back by then!

What's your recovery been like since your last post? Thanks.

Julie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.