Knee Walker?

Posted , 3 users are following.

No one has mentioned a knee walker but I think it might be a better solution than crutches for me. I'm on the heavy side and have arthritis in my neck and shoulders. I am also very clumsy. I'm very concerned about being able to use crutches especially since I will not be able to use my let foot! It hurts to even think about using crutches but I certainly can't scoot aross the floor to where I need to do. Advice, please!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I used a regular walker. No wheels or rollers. Definitely no to crutches. My doc doesn't recommend them for women. Knee scooters work well for some people I've heard but I'm a little heavy too and didn't want all my weight on a knee. Walkers are easy to maneuver. It worked well for me. And I live alone. 

• Posted

You can walk in the boot. It is made so that all the weight is on your heel. The forefoot never has any weight on it because the boot raises your forefoot and toes.  Hope this is helpful. 
    • Posted

I won't have a boot until  three weeks after my surgery. My dr doesn't want me on my feet for at least that long.

• Posted

So i just had bunion removal surgery Tuesday morning im using crutches its difficult is this convenient and better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.