I had extensive bunion surgery on 08-05-21, and still having pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

i had bunion surgery on August 5, 2021. Was in bed for 10 straight weeks! during my recovery the pain in my second toe caught on my covers and somehow was pushed all the way into my toe. I woke up in severe pain. I called my dr the next morning, and explain to his nurse what had happened that I was in pain and what should I do. she asked for a picture, so I sent one that you could clearly see the pen was completely in my toe and was no longer sticking out. she did not make an appointment or tell me to come in to see the doctor only and I should take ibuprofen and keep my appointment two weeks later. that appointment my doctor pulled some of the pain out of my toe, so it was once again taking out of my 2nd toe. although it was so deep that he could not remove it from the top and had to cut it out from the bottom. had severe pain after that but was never given any type of pain medication. after two weeks I saw my doctor again, And when the dangerous were removed, there was no pin and sticking out. apparently it had broken off and was deep inside my toe. I Dr performed a second surgery to remove the pin. I was in severe pain and discomfort in back in the bed for two more weeks. at my post op appointment I explain to him my concerns and severe pain and discomfort I was having. he explained to me the PN was now trying to work its way out of the top of my foot, so i had another procedure to remove the pin. i am in chronic and severe pain and discomfort, and unfortunately, he has now dismissed me as his patient and will not see me again for 6 months! is all this part of the surgery? according to him I am A typical, and that’s why I had so many issues. i’m very disheartened by this whole situation! what should I do?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.