Post op Bunion surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello - I am going on week 6 after bunion surgery on my left foot . (The big toe) the pain overall is much better , however I have horrible spasms in my big toe (and foot at times) mostly at night when trying to sleep and they are extremely sharp pains that happen sporadically. I have just gotten approval from my doctor to start walking in my walking boot and in one week i will be in shoes. I was told it would be a slow process . I just dont see myself being able to full blown walk around in sneakers in a week all day . can anyone else relate ? I just feel like I should be further along by 6 weeks and Im kind of tired of the " your still not better " remarks from people !

Also- I dont think i had traditional bunion surgery i think mine was considered minimally invasive because I don’t have the large scar. I do have two incisions. However, he did cut the bone and reset it and place a pin in my toe for three weeks which has been removed.. any advice or info would be greatly appreciated thanks !

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.