17 weeks on fluoxetine

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, I started fluoxetine 2nd to last week of October 2017 I was taking 16mg in liquid for I had a few good days then bad days then repeat. Last two weeks I've upped it to 20mg last 3 days have been bad days before this I was good it keeps going in cycles of bad days then good days, what I want to know is if your bad days get less and less does that mean the med is working? Or does it not work like that?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi! yes. It took me last year 8 weeks to settle on the 20mg dose. Weeks 2-5 were worst, then I started having some good days alternating with bad days, the good days slowly increasing until about week 9 it felt more consistent. Upping the dose usually brings side effects too, as the brain is learning to deal with the new levels of serotonin. Take it rather week by week, review end of each week and if every week there are more good days/times than the previous one, it is likely the meds will be working for you.
  • Posted

I am week 17ish thought I was getting better but really bad headache and still v intense symptoms how are you doing now
  • Posted

I’ve been on just over 12weeks 3 on 60mg had quite a few side effects but I’m sure things are getting better I do a lot of mindfulness on YouTube def helps it’s hard journey but I’ve been on them in the past and they do work just forgot how long it took good luck x
  • Posted

It's a long road to shake these feelings off I still struggling 18 weeks get v intense sensations

• Posted

How you feeling I still struggling
    • Posted

i know your post are old but would love to know how you made out and how your doing ?

im a 20 weeks and 3 weeks ago increased to 40 mgs which im very down and anxious

• Edited

i was 2017 on 20 mg untill 2018 janaury and then on 10 mg for 1 year they was ma best days

from january 6 again on 10 mg for 2 weeks now i am on 6 weeks again 20 'mg

i have one day good one day teriblle

especially at night from 17:00 untill a took a pill naxt day

confuze

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.