17 weeks on prozac,keep going with it!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dont want to jinx myself but i wanted to say that ive just started to turn a corner, im not 100 percent by any means but im getting normal moments and it feels so good. I know how much i search for positive outcomes on the internet etc to keep me going through this horrible illness.Its literally took months (17 weeks)and this is my second time taking them.Ive literally had the most awful few months and didnt think my time would come where a saw a small light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

For me the thoughts are still coming but there getting a bit quieter now,like how they used to be when I was on prozac previously for twenty years.and i will never stop my medication again !.I know they will never go but my therapist has said the aim is to make the thoughts background noise and be able to get through the day.Anyway just wanted to leave some Hope for everyone as we all try and get through this together.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Also ive had three sessions with a therapist and one session of emdr which was amazing.

• Posted

So happy to hear that you are seeing some benefits. I have been on 20 mg for 26 days now, and am still dealing with some intense anxiety. Worse than before I started treatment, and it was already bad then. I have had some moments of clarity, where I feel a little bit dull and the feelings aren't as intense, kind of a flat feeling. But that is fleeting and then I backtrack. I'm putting a lot of faith into this and hope the little glimmers of hope I have had become more regular. Good luck to us all!

• Edited

ginger, what you describe is exactly the same as my situation, the prozac made me worse ,the anxiety was tenfold.if i hadnt of previously took it ,I wouldnt of continued to persevere.im still by no means fully recovered yet , hopefully somebody on here might have experience with recovering in terms of months to help all along xxx

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I am exactly one month in and feeling discouraged, though I know I need to give it more time. The anxiety is nuts, and overshadows any positive effects. Sometimes I feel like I am doing better, but that is fleeting and I spend the rest of the day/night anxious and jittery. I've lost 7 pounds this month and can't sleep. I have a counseling appointment this week, finally, so I am hoping to get some direction there. Hope you are still doing well..

• Posted

Great news Sally, I am just starting week 16 of being on 40mg, great to hear about some light at the end of the tunnel. Do you use ativan/xanax to help with the startup?

• Posted

hiya , was on propanalol to help with the racing heart and ive took xanax before. But i think i must just be one of the unlucky ones who has a right time of it getting it settled in my system x

• Posted

Sally just wanted to ask how are you doing .?? have you recovered.?

• Edited

It's great to hear that you're starting to see improvement in your condition after being on Prozac for 17 weeks. It can take time for antidepressant medications like Prozac to start working, so it's important to be patient and stick with the treatment plan prescribed by your doctor. It's also important to remember that everyone's experience with mental illness and treatment is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another.

It's heartening to hear that you're finding some relief from your symptoms and that you're starting to feel more like yourself again. Your encouragement and positive outlook can provide hope and support to others who are also struggling with mental health issues. Remember that you're not alone and that there are many people out there who are going through similar experiences and working to get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.