17-year-old HS patient

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 17 year old girl, I’ve been a sufferer of Hidradenitis Suppurativa & I also have PCOS (Polly cystic ovarian syndrome) cyst on the ovaries ive had HS for 10 years i have it in both armpits , neck & all over the groin and tailbone. I’m so depressed and the doctors won’t “risk” the surgery I’ve tried medications, injections, creams, natural remedies. I don’t know what the quality of life is. I don’t see a point it’s miserable. I just want to be normal. No one gets it not even my mom. I’m bullied , I’m frowned upon, I’m looked at as if I’m some kind of disgusting person I don’t know what to do I just want the surgery I know the risks I know the healing process and the what if’s. I need the doctors to understand 😭

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

Try getting in 250 ml of water 1 teaspoon of turmeric, make this as tea,teice a day. Use zineryt on your cysts

• Posted

Having HS is really hard. We can all agree on that. Unfortunately not enough research has been done for doctors to be confident in giving advise and prescribing the right pills. I'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time. But don't let it rule your life! You are better than this stupid condition. Maybe try seeing a different doctor? I hope things get better for you soon. 

• Posted

Hello Maria,

I feel your pain. I also have PCOS and HS. Im 41 and have had it for about 29 years. I found the best treatment for me was birth control, spironolactone, and laser treatment. The birth control helps with ache and regulates hormones. The spironolactone helps thin unwanted hair and the laser also removes hair and keeps the HS at bay. I was at the point of having surgery when I finally found laser. And you have to fight but you can get it approved as medically necessary so insurance should cover it.

On a side note if you snore get checked for sleep apnea as it is common in women with PCOS.

Best of luck! Life will get better I promise just stick to your guns and make the doctors work for you!

Nimwey

• Posted

Thank you All, I’ll try the things you’ve suggested. On a different note, Ive been on all different kinds of birth control and metformin as well as I’ve had radiation. I wish it was easier 
  • Posted

Hello I have HS and had PCOS. My period use to be irregular and I would get really bad flare ups. I decided to do my own research  since nothing the doctors were giving me worked. I even took birth control and stopped it because I would get my period twice a month.  I’m started taking tumeric pill from GNC a year ago I have not got any flare up in a year. I also started eating better and getting my period every month till this day and I no longer have PCOS. I old small womb do still open and drain a little  every time I’m about to get my period but it’s nothing bad. Hope this helps stay strong God gives his battles to his strongest  soldiers .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.