17 year old son with brain abcess

Posted , 3 users are following.

abcesses caused by infection are very rare and difficult to diagnose. My son got his from sinusitis. and had a headache and a temperature. They are life threatening. I just got him into the hospital in time and praise to the a&e staff who diagnosed it quickly and took action  and undoubtedly saved his life. He is still in hospital and we are optimistic. prompt action is essential apparently He is at week 4 and making progress. long term prognosis is difficult because every case is different. still emotional. expecting the best and planning for the worst,

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to read about the heart wrenching health scare. It's so hard when our children are in pain and we feel so lost. I pray that your son and family will be given all that you need to sustain you thru journey.

keep posting .

• Posted

Sinusitis infection can spread to the brain, so sorry sending prayers for your son and family,  keep the faith hold on, I know a young man that happen to because he wouldn't go to the Doctor and let it go to long, he was in hospital six weeks had surgery and  had a light stroke but in a year he recovered. God Bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.