17 yrs of pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

After the birth of my first child 19 yrs ago i began getting this pain in my chest and my right shoulder, i have been hospitalised over he years and they always thought it to be lung clots but never found one , i went on the conttaception injection and disnt get the pain for 2 yrs but when i came off it it came back so endometriosis was suspected to which i had my ovaries removed

It didnt work and i still get these attacks every few weeks , ive had cts , scans , mri and the camera down my throat and nothing , in the last 2 yrs now its accompained with belching excessivly afyer i eat or drink , its really getting me down as the fatigue is unbearable, has anyone any ideas

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I suffered for years with similar problems. Please ask your GP about it possibly being fibromyalgia and I now see a dietitian as I also had every test done. Everything came back fine and I'm intolerant to wheat, gluten and dairy products hence the excessive belching. I now feel a good bit better. Worth a try. I really hope you get somewhere.

Best of luck x

• Posted

Ask for a HIDA scan to check gallbladder function. Right sided shoulder pain and chest pain can be a sign of gallbladder problems.  Gallbladder attacks tend to come and go.  Does your pain move into your back and do you have change of bowel habit?  These symptoms can also occur with gallbladder trouble.

Belching and chest pain can also occur with acid reflux.  My reflux did not show on endoscopy.

• Posted

Hi pippa

Yes my bowl is inconsistent at times constipated then diarrhoea, i dont have back pain but the pain can radiate to under my breast and feels hot , but not to touch if that makes sense , i am also extremely exhausted when i get these attacks , im seeing my consultant in june so ill ask for a HIDA scan , when i have these attacks it doesnt matter what i eat i belch like crazy and the shoulder pain intensifies, i also have to remove my bra as my chest feels tight

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.