18 months of none stop tingling in all limbs

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi I woke up on 11th Dec 16 with tingling in both feet within hours spread to both knees then into both hands within 24 hours I attended my Dr's on say 5 of this they weren't concerned and just did bloods all were ok , since then I've seen 4 different neuros had a brain mri full spine mri 3 nerve studies and an emg all normal had so many bloods over 18 months all normal I have no answers I have not had a second without it since it began not 1 second ever I'm also having twitches in my legs I still can feel hot and cold have no numbness can walk fine just none stop tingling feels like electric toothbrush in all limbs I don't know what else to do I'm 42 and feel worried all the time with no diagnosis and fact it's carried on so long with no break any ideas greatly appreciated

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Possible Guillan Barre Syndrome.
    • Posted

I've asked about this numerous times and neuros all dismiss it saying I wouldn't of been able to walk all cannot say what has caused such acute onset though I have read cases online of acute onset small fibre neuropathy as being a variant of gbs but literature is scarce it hasn't got any better though tbh it is getting worse as seems to be spreading further up my arms and twitches started only a few months ago

• Posted

Without a spinal tap which still isnt conclusive they cant say it isnt it. There are.many studies that suggest a mild case or even prolonged onset. Neurologist don't think it is it until you cant walk but many believe it goes unreported because of the fact it can be mild and overlooked. Only 30 percent of cases loose the ability to walk so that leaves 70 percent who still can. They need to do a emg or lumbar puncture to at least check for it. Small fiber neuropathy is a possibility but it is also indicative of many other nerve and muscle diseases. So I hope you get better and do as much as you can to help your immune system. I use Alpha lipoic acid and I am prescribed amitrypline 25 mg it helps. It may be something to ask your neurologist.

• Posted

Moderator has to review it but basically only 30 percent or less of people actually lose the ability to walk. So they are wrong to not be cautious and check. Although SFN dies cause some of the same symptoms and is easy to test for by skin biopsy
    • Posted

Hi Angela I have had an emg in may it was normal also had 3 nerve studies all normal showing good responses I'm at a loss, it's extremely severe today and causing pain when my hands are hanging down they are in so much pain my right leg is terrible I don't know how much more of this I can take trust me I've looked up every cure known to man I've tried amitriptyline does nothing also been on pregabalin ,now I'm on cymbalta that isn't helping either but helping y panic a bit as having this 24 hours a day has lead to severe stress I can't take alpha lipoic as I have a lot of mercury fillings and it can draw it out into your bloodstream I do take omega high strength oil b12 spray selenium and curcumin none have helped at all

• Posted

Hello Dawn

I've had the EXACT same thing since I got the flu in January and it's so frustrating especially since I can't find any of my symptoms online anywhere until now. On top of that I also get these weird headaches. I went to the ER with a headache and they did a cat scan which showed nothing, they gave me morphine and sent me on my way. I am not feeling any weakness at all so I didn't go see a neurologist because I don't want to go through fifty different medical exams. I did email a neurologist and described all my symptoms and I have an entire chatlog with him and he says it's nothing serious, just let it pass but it's so annoying. I don't think it's serious because I am working 12 hours a day, playing with the kids, doing yard work, etc and I am perfectly fine other than the tingling and the twitching and the headaches.

If you find anything out I would love to hear because I really want a solution for this. I thought maybe it's GBS but GBS sounds severe and I've read that you have to be hospitalized until it's gone and I don't feel like it's so severe.

• Posted

Hi David is yours in a stocking glove pattern that came on rapidly I also had headaches when this began the day before it started it was so severe after 3 months of having the tingling the headaches stopped but I'm 18 months in from when this began and no break at all whatever happened to me I don't know I had never suffered with anything before , all test's are clear which is good but then the tingling continues

• Posted

Dawn hi,

I don't know what a stocking glove pattern means but when it just started i had tingling all over my body with muscle spasms and twitching. The tingling was all at once all together same intensity all over, not radiating. As the time progressed it got better and better so now although it's still tingling all the time it's not as bad and the muscle spasms aren't as bad and the twitching is not as bad. I guess when the tingling is at it's worse it kind of feels like it goes from the back of my neck down my arms and legs and all over. The headaches feel kind off like there's tingling inside my head causing the headache,hard to explain. Even the prescription headache pills they gave in the er don't help. I have good days and bad days though. Yesterday was a bad day in the sense that the tingling and weird head feeling was pretty bad. Today though I can barely feel it, kind of in the background. I also get 'almost' muscle cramp type feelings. Like I will be walking a d suddenly it feels like my calf, or hamstring, or foot, or shin, or hands are about to cramp. It lasts for several seconds then goes away but sometimes the tightness in the leg remains for a while.

The closest thing I was able to find that is similar to what I'm experiencing is GBS so I am wondering if it's just a minor form of that because it started around the time I got the flu.

No idea though but again I have no weakness whatsoever which is why I have gone to a Dr. I have an entire chat log with three neurologists that told me it's nothing to worry about and I'm happy to show you all the chatlogs which describe in depth exactly what I'm feeling.

• Posted

Hi David stocking glove pattern is toes to knees and both hands that's where mine is effected my searches on the Internet also come up with gbs as nearest thing to this but for me 18 months of this with no let up its just getting worse ,I have good days and bad like u say some days it's just in the background others it takes over everything today was very bad and my leg's and hands feel pain and the tingling is very severe I'm still very fit but over the last couple of months I've noticed my hands aren't as mobile as they normally are my fingers hurt my calves feel like they could explode I've also noticed that my veins are a lot more prominent in my hands and are thick and swollen Dr's dismiss any connection with this ,I was asked if I'd had flu when this began as I know many ppl who have had gbs start with flu symptoms before hand ,I had really severe head ache day before then woke up like this my life chanted forever in 1 night it's really hard to manage mentally as it's gone on so long

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.