Skip to content

Neurological Disorders

New discussion Join group Also known as Aphasia, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Coma, Dysphasia, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Horner's Syndrome, Korsakoff's Pyschosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Poems Syndrome, Speech Disorders, Tolosa Hunt Syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis, Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• fely63 1

Praying for all!

Hello all, I can totally relate and hope that everyone receives answers. I have the exact symptoms, however; I know what most of my problems are because I've dealt with every doctor you can think of. Here is the hard part, getting the doctors to check for the right thing because these symptoms...

0 replies 0 votes Reply to fely63
  • rubini74899 2

Eye pain

Hi my name is rubini, My husband has been suffering from pain & sniffyaround both eyes for 2 years . At the moment we are helpless, when he has eye pain , teeth also started to sort of sniffing sensation.has anybody gone through the same problem? Please get back to us.

0 replies 1 vote Reply to rubini74899
  • mitouback 3

Neuralgia

I have degenration in my neck vertebrae. C3 and C4 are slipping fwd slightly and I have spondylosis in the rest with facet joint issius as well. My right sternocleidomastoid muscle tend to get really tight and I get a lot of tingling/ pins and needles in jawline(both sides) and tightness and tingling...

0 replies 0 votes Reply to mitouback

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Emis Moderator M
    Pinned

Neurological Disorders Resources

Below are various resources for Neurological Disorders from leaflets to useful web sites and support groups. If any user has suggestions for other useful resources please send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. Any links will need to comply with forum rules for posting. There...

6 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • asia77626 1
  • Futari 2

Non-stop muscle twitching and "running ants" feeling

Hello everyone, it will soon be a year since this problem of mine started and nobody has yet found a solution to it, so I thought I have nothing to lose by asking here. Around April last year I started getting muscle twitches. Out of nowhere. It continued for a month, until I finally went to doctor...

182 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Guillain-Barre Syndrome GBS

I was struck down by GBS seven months ago. I just collapsed in the street. No warning. I didn't know what was happening. I was scared. Got myself to the doctors straight away where he admitted me to hospital straight away. Just had over a week in hospital (I was lucky) but then as I came home, I...

195 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • fely63 1

Praying for all!

Hello all, I can totally relate and hope that everyone receives answers. I have the exact symptoms, however; I know what most of my problems are because I've dealt with every doctor you can think of. Here is the hard part, getting the doctors to check for the right thing because these symptoms...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • NowhereBoy 2

Possible ALS/MND? Extremely Worried..

Hi, I'm a 27 year old male and have been experiencing what I am convinced are symptoms caused by ALS. I am not so naive to expect a diagnosis but I am so worked up, just some replies from people with any experience wether professional or patient would be appreciated. I apologise in advance for the...

108 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • justme67 3

numbness and tingling in left leg and foot

hi i have had numbness in my left leg below knee for a bout 4 weeks and in my foot for about 2 weeks, its the left side of my left leg and on foot is more of right part of left foot. i had blood tests, all came back clear. saw dr again and he said i need a nerve conduction test, but no idea how long...

176 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • jess46035 1

Foggy brain, migraines, disassociation, memory loss

I'm a 24 year old female. I was diagnosed with chronic daily migraines at 18, though I had been suffering them for years. Recently, they've only gotten worse as I became used to the medications the neurologist gave me. All of my tests always came back negative - everything is fine. Except it's...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • mark01847 2
  • grace50435 2

Funny tingling all over body

Hi everyone! For about 6 weeks now, off and on, I've had this weird tingling all over my body. At times it'll be concentrated in one place (like pins and needles) in both my feet or a hand or a shin. And then other times like tonight, it'll be like little sudden twitches of tingling...almost...

61 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • mclements 1

Guillain-Barre Syndrome linked to Anxiety and ADD?

I was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome about 5 months ago. I was in the hospital/rehabiliation for a little while. I was discharged December 31st, 2015, just about four months ago. Luckily, I am almost fully recovered. I suffer from constant fatigue and minor leg pain, but it's manageable and...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rubini74899 2

Eye pain

Hi my name is rubini, My husband has been suffering from pain & sniffyaround both eyes for 2 years . At the moment we are helpless, when he has eye pain , teeth also started to sort of sniffing sensation.has anybody gone through the same problem? Please get back to us.

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • Jameses 3

Nerve related problem or something else?

Good afternoon, Ive been having some pain now for quite a few years in my right leg but have never got to the bottom of what the problem is so ive just been living with it but now im getting additional symtoms which id like to discuss. Here's my story, if anyone would point me in the right direction...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mitouback 3

Neuralgia

I have degenration in my neck vertebrae. C3 and C4 are slipping fwd slightly and I have spondylosis in the rest with facet joint issius as well. My right sternocleidomastoid muscle tend to get really tight and I get a lot of tingling/ pins and needles in jawline(both sides) and tightness and tingling...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • phil49742 2

Pins and needles all over body, numb legs & back pain!!

Please help? - It all started 2 weeks ago, sat watching TV with a sudden bout of pins and needles in my right arm, this quickly progressed to my whole right side, after calling 111  they sent out a ambulance for suspect stroke - after tests this was not the case.  Next day i had P&N all...

27 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Mazzchil 1
  • OntarioDude 2

Shaky and jittery muscles

Hi all, I'm a 29 y.o male and for the past few months I have had very shaky muscles, like when I move my head up and down my neck muscles move in a jittery unsmooth pattern. The same happens when I lift my arms and slowly drop them (shoulder muscles shake) or when I bend over to pick something up...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • chris2 3

Can't stop humming!

Put this under neurological as don't know where else to post it. I find myself constantly coming out with a repetitive (same few notes) hum. I think it first started when I would be finishing an arduous task but now it is frequent through the day - almost like a sort of crutch/mantra. Last week I...

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • krisjb 3

Scared of something sinister

Just needed some advice if possible Started in march with a forearm twitch that went after 3 or 4days. Had other twitches but seemed to stop. Went through the whole als anxiety and then read an article about symptoms and it seemed to calm me down. Went to the doctor who said I had slightly brisk reflex...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • R0ckm0m 1

Weird experience of body going dead!!

Cam home from work on Sunday lunch time and went dizzy so sat down. Around a minute later I swallowed and thought my ear popped but didn't fell as though it had I just heard a popping sound. My body went extremely hot, my mouth went very dry and I couldn't move at all. My body felt like it weighed...

• sillyrabbit 2

At a complete loss [neuropathy, brain fog, and dryness]

- About 4 years ago, I was diagnosed with post strep arthritis, after a bout of swollen joints, after a throat infection. -Anyway, that wasn't that bad. But then the creep of subtle, but annoying sympotms started. The arthritis never really went away. It would bother me when stressed, when the weather...

• sean73 2

Could it be anything other than ALS

Wondering if anyone has has similar issues and what it turned out to be? started for me in March when I noticed to get muscle twitching all over my body arms, legs, feet, lips, buttocks etc. Some twitches were quite strong and would repeat 3 or 4 times rapidly then stop others were seen but not felt....

103 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • chris15711 2

Brain just shutting down, zombie state - Desperate for help.

I have been back and forth to doctors for many years now with what I initially described as fatigue, inability to concentrate, brain fog, blocked ear, strange uncharacteristic mood swings + a whole host of other little things like sudden chills, body aches and pains, frequent diarrhea etc Now I have...

35 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • Shadow5000 2

Please Help. Right-Hand Side of Face: Tingling/Numb

The condition began around the start of February 2017 and affects the lower right-hand side of my face and jawline area. The skin on the right hand side of my face stings and tingles very intensely. It is very tender and sensitive to any touch. Contact with any materials such as clothing, towels, or...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • bronzeye007 1

Brain aneurysm first time and need some advices

Hello my name is Jason. It is my first time to post here and need some help from someone who has similar experience to my situation. I will explain my summary here and hopefully it helps. I first received cochlear implant in 2005 however things did not go well after 2006 which my symptoms show up: shortness,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • ForgetMeNot15 1

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Hello, I was diagnosed with optic neuritis last June, and was experiencing a multitude of neurological problems. Had clear MRI, normal visual evoked potentials, a positive ANA. I was diagnosed with Functional neurological disorder. Since then I have received an intensive care package, and attended an...

• Campaigner8 2

Possible MS, ALS Or Advancing Supranuclear Palsy

To preface my concerns, consider the following: My Dad died of complications of Advancing Supranuclear Palsy. My Mom has MS and peripheral neuropathy. I am now 54 years old and male who is suffering neurological symptoms of assorted symptoms. About sixteen months ago I started to get extreme pain and...

• jay55486 2

Help

Hi I need help let's start with my symptoms: -Bitter taste also feels like mouth is burning -face tingling and itchy (on sides of the nose and mustache corners I shaved by the way) I feel like I have a sinus but there is no congestion, sneezing or watery eyes but it itches around the sinuses and...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • faz28171 2
  • kelics 2

Exercise problem

I have ms and thefore my balance isnt good. Im looking for the ways to improve my balance. I tried pillates, other core muscles exercises, balance exercises but nothing has been effictive. Anyone knows any techniques to improve balance specifically for MS PATIENTS? P.s please No research by this or...

• najameson 1
  • john02420 2

Have several different problems.

I don't know exactly where I need to post my problems.  I posted under Dental Fourm.  The post is under Help!!! Have mouth and teeth problems.  If someone here could read it and see if they have any idea.  Thanks

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • aidan13595 1
  • LM520 2
  • rob48980 1

Odd symptoms seemingly nervous system.

About 6 years ago for the first time I had some odd symptoms where my hands and mouth would cramp up and curl in and it was insanely difficult to move either or talk. Also feeling dizzy as well. For a year or 2 it was infrequent and seemed to only be when I drank alcohol or got overly excited oddly enough....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.