Skip to content
Ad

Neurological Disorders

Also known as Aphasia, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Coma, Dysphasia, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Horner's Syndrome, Korsakoff's Pyschosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Poems Syndrome, Speech Disorders, Tolosa Hunt Syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis, Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Mkmse Mkmse

Partner not fully conscious

My partner who isn't fully conscious from a seizure,the nurses said recently he's doing quite well although they can't tell me in detail as I'm not next of kin.now they are saying he's not stable ,he's up and down ,they respect his dignity but don't say what else is wrong...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Neurological Disorders Resources

Below are various resources for Neurological Disorders from leaflets to useful web sites and support groups. If any user has suggestions for other useful resources please send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. Any links will need to comply with forum rules for posting. There...

Last reply
  • Funny tingling all over body

Hi everyone! For about 6 weeks now, off and on, I've had this weird tingling all over my body. At times it'll be concentrated in one place (like pins and needles) in both my feet or a hand or a shin. And then other times like tonight, it'll be like little sudden twitches of tingling...almost...

Last reply
  • Worried I have ALS, getting increasingly anxious about it.

I'm 21 years old and about a month ago I noticed that my legs felt a little weak, and that my hands were shaking a little. A few days passed, and then I started to feel sore in my biceps and also started to have lower back pain. I then scheduled a doctor's appointment. Now, I have a history...

Last reply
  • Double life on daily basis ... read on ...

Hi  I will try my best as to describe what I am going through, driving me insane ...  I have a very intelligent brain and have been tested numerous times in the past for massive contracts and placements that kept confirming it. So all good there. I am healthy, gym a lot as much as I can...

Last reply
  • I have been having temple pain for almost a week really anxious

Hi guys, this is my first time using any type of health website so i really hope this helps because im desperate at this point. This all started when i had a few drinks about 6 nights ago-last monday(today is sunday evening here), and the next morning my head was throbbing like crazy on my left side...

Last reply
  • CSF leak undetected

After MRI with contrast of brain, cervical, thorasic,  and lumbar my csf leak was not detected. From what I am reading this is pretty normal not to find the leak. I was dx with intracranial hypotension a week ago after suffering headaches for 5 weeks and being put through chronic migraine...

Last reply
  • Opinions please... sorry it’s so long

My father has been an alcoholic for roughly 30 years, drinking a 12 pk or more day.  He is a functional alcoholic as he has always held a good job and takes care of himself.   At the beginning of December he suffered a heart attack and required three heart stents.   Since then he completely...

Last reply
  • Partner not fully conscious

My partner who isn't fully conscious from a seizure,the nurses said recently he's doing quite well although they can't tell me in detail as I'm not next of kin.now they are saying he's not stable ,he's up and down ,they respect his dignity but don't say what else is wrong...

Posted
  • pudendal nerve pain

hi i have pudendal nerve pain on anus i had injections 2 weeks ago no good am in constant very severe pain see doctor tomorrow has anyone had similiar problem dont know what to do thanks john

Last reply
  • What is wrong with my head?

I can't really remember when this started, but whenever I imagine myself at an event occurring in the future, I always view myself on roller skates, and then falling. It's almost as if I'm setting myself up for failure, I don't understand .

Last reply
  • Neuropathy ? Or something else.. help!

Been going through the worst 4 months ever trying to figure out what is going on. All started with pins and needles kind of feeling, numbness in feet and hands mostly and crawling insects sensations inside of me ( literally everywhere ) had my mri done which did not show anything. Did a bunch of blood...

Last reply
  • Headaches, Memory Loss, Anger

Hello, I am looking for some advice as my symptoms are getting worse and all I am being moved is from pill to another pill. For the past few months, I have not been feeling the same and have been under the care of my local GP as I have been have had the following: Passing out Vomitting Headaches (getting...

Last reply
  • Tinnitis. Birtugo, head lumps.

So iv never started one if these so here it goes..A year and a half ago, I found a knot in my left side if the nexk. I went to dr. Had catscan, so stressed. Day after catscan, developed tinnitis. Knot was muscle but did show some arthritis in c5 vertebrae. By now T is full blown and I'm going bonkers...

Last reply
  • Nuerological issues from possible HSV2 infection

2 months ago I was possibly infected with HSV-2 but not yet confirmed by blood work. It has been showing negative so far but apparently may do so for the 12-16 weeks. In the days following I started to get the below symptoms in progression: 2 months ago I may have been infected with HSV2 but not...

Last reply
  • I have experienced this for three years what do you think it is ?

I don't know whats worse being sick all your life. Or seeing countless of doctors only for them to send you to the ER without any results. My story begins at age six. I experienced nightly extreme pain in my legs which would cause me to scream until I got so tired and fell asleep. Nothing soothed...

Last reply
  • I am freaking out here can someone please help

My doctor tells me I don’t know after seeing high b 12 levels, blood in my urine. High Protein in my urine,  high protein in my blood, both my sympathetic and parasympathetic are showing nerve damage. I am getting inside tremors as well as tremors in my hand and feet which nobody sees. My mri scan...

Last reply
  • Vibrations in pelvic area

I have just noticed the last couple of weeks, and today it seems to be happening frequently. I have been going to pain management for painful degenerative disc, severe on some areas. Now I also have more issues walking. I am 59 and feel like I have been going downhill this last year. What can be...

Last reply
  • Is my brain ok

Ive been to chiropractors recently for problems with my neck and back and after my most recent session at a new chirapractor they hooked me up to a TEN machine to soothe the muscle in my neck and back but when she turned the machine on i guess because of a certain nerve or muscle it was on my whole...

Last reply
  • Carbamazepine Adverse Reactions at Low Blood Levels

I'm trying to find more information on whether carbamazepine can cause adverse reactions at sub-therapeutic levels. Every one of the symptoms I have is listed under adverse reactions from the drug insert for tegretol, but every doctor I have seen refuses to believe this is what is causing my symptoms....

Last reply
  • My 6 year old son has been having numb feet, what can it be?

My 6 year old has been experiencing numb feet constantly at least twice a day I been getting very worried I don't know what can be causing it out what can I do to help make it stop because it's hard to get a sim appointment to see a doctor in our clinic please help me with some advice thanks...

Last reply
  • Whole body numbness and pain spasms?

A friend of mine has been suffering from whole body numbness, at the moment her whole body is basically useless. her left side is completely numb and her right is extremely weak. She also gets these horrid spasms of pain where her whole body tenses and basically curls into itself. So far all the tests...

Last reply
  • Possible ALS/MND? Extremely Worried..

Hi, I'm a 27 year old male and have been experiencing what I am convinced are symptoms caused by ALS. I am not so naive to expect a diagnosis but I am so worked up, just some replies from people with any experience wether professional or patient would be appreciated. I apologise in advance for the...

Last reply
  • Tongue atrophy/muscle loss in tongue

Hello everyone and sorry for the pain and suffering you or your loved one is going through.  Has anyone seen a wasted, atrophied tongue like mine?  Neuro said possible Bulbar ALS but not confirmed.  Going to the ALS clinic in a month and tired of waiting. Tongue and mouth have incredible...

Last reply
  • Wife Has Serious Neurological Problems - NO Solution

A rough history of my wife’s condition: Hives on head, back, back of arms and legs.  Started suddenly around 6 months ago.  Severe itching. Weight loss from about 125 lbs to 100 lbs over a few months.  She said that she had trouble swallowing and had pains in the stomach and intestine...

Last reply
  • Shaky and jittery muscles

Hi all, I'm a 29 y.o male and for the past few months I have had very shaky muscles, like when I move my head up and down my neck muscles move in a jittery unsmooth pattern. The same happens when I lift my arms and slowly drop them (shoulder muscles shake) or when I bend over to pick something up...

Last reply
  • Tingling and muscle twitching

I have been having tingling in my left leg from the knee down to the ankle and muscle twitches all over the body.  It started with the tingling and then that somewhat stopped, and then the muscle twitching began.  After a 4-5 days of the muscle twitching, it mostly stopped and the tingling...

Last reply
  • Could it be anything other than ALS

Wondering if anyone has has similar issues and what it turned out to be? started for me in March when I noticed to get muscle twitching all over my body arms, legs, feet, lips, buttocks etc. Some twitches were quite strong and would repeat 3 or 4 times rapidly then stop others were seen but not felt....

Last reply
  • Need help! been sick for so long!

Hello, Sorry for the long post, but I need help! Since July I have been so sick. Before I became sick, I was a healthy and active 24 year old woman who worked out in the gym everyday was a full time college student and worked part time. It all started with me becoming extremely weak, and every time I...

Last reply
  • Water sensations all over my body????

So for the past couple of weeks I keep getting water sensations in my body. First it started in my stomach (i would feel burning liquid moving around my abdomen and my back) then it moved on to my legs and arms, it was sort of like cold water dripping and then this week it moved on my my head. Now i...

Last reply
  • My partner is in a sort of coma

He has been in hospital since may,he had a seizure and stopped breathing .I did CPR,he was in ICU .he can breathe on his own ,his eyes are open and there is eye movement.he is now in another hospital for therapy but because I'm not next of kin they can't tell me in detail of his recovery but...

Last reply
  • Generalized Muscle Twitching

Hello All, I am so frustrated I have no idea what else to do. Currently I am suffering with generalized body wide muscle twitching. They initially started in December of this year after I had a twitch in my right shoulder. I decided to google the symptoms and ended up in the worst panic of my life....

Last reply
  • Freaking out, please help. Cramps, Twitching, Breath shortening.

Hi, About 6 weeks ago I started to feel really small cramps that don't fully happen on my chest. Two weeks later I started to feel it on my abs and back muscles. Before that I started to feel some twitching on my left biceps and triceps. Now sometimes I feel it on my knees. I have been having shortening...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.