Skip to content

Neurological Disorders

Also known as Aphasia, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Coma, Dysphasia, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Horner's Syndrome, Korsakoff's Pyschosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Poems Syndrome, Speech Disorders, Tolosa Hunt Syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis, Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Neurological Disorders Resources

Below are various resources for Neurological Disorders from leaflets to useful web sites and support groups. If any user has suggestions for other useful resources please send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. Any links will need to comply with forum rules for posting. There...

Last reply
  • brain problem

the CT scan report of my father's brain states : there is periventricular ischaemic changes with chronic infarct in the left cerebellar hemisphere with chronic lacunar infarcts in both gangliocapsular region with prominence of the sulco-gyral spaces and ventricular system suggestive of atrophic...

Posted
  • I'm scared of my MRI results?

Hello! I'm a 16 year old female and I just got my first MRI yesterday and the doctors said that they will give me a call Monday (I got it of friday). I am so terrified that they will call and say I either have a brain tumor or MS! Everyone I know swears its just stress or something wrong with my...

Last reply
  • Guillain-Barre Syndrome GBS

I was struck down by GBS seven months ago. I just collapsed in the street. No warning. I didn't know what was happening. I was scared. Got myself to the doctors straight away where he admitted me to hospital straight away. Just had over a week in hospital (I was lucky) but then as I came home, I...

Last reply
  • I had this very bad experience, am I sick or just too paranoid?

I’m a female 18 year old and just this morning I experienced extreme diziness while cooking. It started of mildly but as time goes by it got too severe I cannot continue my cooking so I asked my dad to take over. I also felt a cold feeling in my head down to my neck.  I can’t explain the odd feeling...

Last reply
  • Can a Brainstem Lesion Rule Out ALS

For the past year now, I have been dealing with some somewhat progressive walking-coordination symptoms, which some days are better than others. My MRI last year showed a 6mm lesion at the midbrain-pons junction. My neurologist says this is the issue for my walking troubles. However, I have laso been...

Last reply
  • Continous fatigue, vision problems, weakened muscles !

I've been suffering for 2 months now, i did all blood tests and they were normal, i don't have the energy to make anything during the day, i have vision/perception problems, it's so hard going on this way. I can't concentrate on anything. It feels so bad because I can't have the energy...

Last reply
  • Numbness over my entire body

My entire body suddenly went numb about 7 months ago. It happened in the span of like a day. I was so freaked out I went to the ER and they told me it was peripheral neuropathy and that it would just “go away”. I emailed my neurologist back and forth for months. I thought it was a new medication they...

Last reply
  • Brain scans dispute?

Dear doctors, I am studying neurology and I have recently come across of an online pictures of a person’s brain scan.  A few of my colleagues and I have been debating on these scan results but have conflicting opinions in determining what we think is wrong with this particular brain? From examination...

Last reply
  • Tingling all over body

Been having tingling all over my body on and off for 7 months. Not MS or diabetes. Been checked. Waiting on nerve test. What else could it be?

Last reply
  • Generalized Muscle Twitching

Hello All, I am so frustrated I have no idea what else to do. Currently I am suffering with generalized body wide muscle twitching. They initially started in December of this year after I had a twitch in my right shoulder. I decided to google the symptoms and ended up in the worst panic of my life....

Last reply
  • Jerky movements, tremors, numbness

I have no idea what is going on. I am 35, I have undifferentiated connective tissue disease and non autoimmune hyperthyroidism caused by a toxic nodule. It's under pretty good control. The last couple of years I've been experiencing increasing tremors and twitching in mainly my face and my thumb...

Last reply
  • Ticklish neck but no-one is tickling me

I know this sounds like a crazy condition but I'm dying to know why it happens. I have found NO ONE who has this condition and absolutely no help online. I'm extremely ticklish on my neck to where if someone tickles my neck or lightly touches it, or even if anything brushes up against it, I...

Last reply
  • 30 year old with stroke or demyelating symptoms

Hello there, I’m hoping I might get similar symptom based peoples thoughts.  Last October I had what at the time was labelled a mini stroke. I had onset numbness and weakness on my left hand side that came on all at once within a minute at most. I found it difficult to speak and was instantly sick...

Last reply
  • Funny tingling all over body

Hi everyone! For about 6 weeks now, off and on, I've had this weird tingling all over my body. At times it'll be concentrated in one place (like pins and needles) in both my feet or a hand or a shin. And then other times like tonight, it'll be like little sudden twitches of tingling...almost...

Last reply
  • TGA - Transient Global Amnesia (temporary memory loss)

There seem to be no postings about TGA, so I thought I'd start one up as it is quite a bewildering experience.  14 April 2016 - 4pm: I came in from the garden (sawing through 2" hazelnut branch - which has probably been the trigger in my case) and said I was confused, asking what day of...

Last reply
  • Traumatic brain injury

I fell 16 feet and suffered a broken clavicle, dislocated shoulder and a brain hemorrhage. Approximately 3 months after my right foot went numb, mostly my toes right side of the foot. Can this happen because of brain injury

Posted
  • Water sensations all over my body????

So for the past couple of weeks I keep getting water sensations in my body. First it started in my stomach (i would feel burning liquid moving around my abdomen and my back) then it moved on to my legs and arms, it was sort of like cold water dripping and then this week it moved on my my head. Now i...

Last reply
  • Neuropathy ? Or something else.. help!

Been going through the worst 4 months ever trying to figure out what is going on. All started with pins and needles kind of feeling, numbness in feet and hands mostly and crawling insects sensations inside of me ( literally everywhere ) had my mri done which did not show anything. Did a bunch of blood...

Last reply
  • What's wrong with me please help

ey guys. So I've been having these panic like symptoms where my body will have a full sensation of like cold and it gets hard to stand even cause I think I might stroke out or something. Hard to describe. But also I've been having these gaspy breathing symptoms at night primarily they were happening...

Last reply
  • 18 months of none stop tingling in all limbs

Hi I woke up on 11th Dec 16 with tingling in both feet within hours spread to both knees then into both hands within 24 hours I attended my Dr's on say 5 of this they weren't concerned and just did bloods all were ok , since then I've seen 4 different neuros had a brain mri full spine...

Last reply
  • Serious cognitive decline; Any thoughts?

Hello all, I'm a 22 year old male and for the past 4.5 years, I have been dealing with a significant cognitive functioning issue. It has made it difficult for understanding anything with the slightest bit of complexity. As someone who's strong point was by far math, science, critical/logical...

Last reply
  • Symptoms that get worse and no answers

I am 29 and this is my first post on this website. I am very worried and I hope someone can give me some advice.  When I was a child (when I was 10 to 15 years old), I had quite frequent attacks. The symptoms include weakness/sensitivity on the right side of the face and right side of the body,...

Last reply
  • Intracranial Hypotension Symptom Relief

Has anyone found methods of relief other than caffeine and laying down to dull the headaches and constant ringing in the head ? Occasional Cognative abnormalities that have led to some emotional issues that have never had before  Been dealing with for over 2 years and getting difficult to handle....

Posted
  • My son has Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension

My son has had this condition (SIH) for well over a year now, and he is just beginning to function enough to go back to work but with reduced workload. His boss is very understanding, and he is lucky with that. I have not heard of this condition before and wondered if anyone else has had it and how...

Last reply
  • Vibrating or humming of the pelvic bone?

I am 44, and have a humming sensation in my pelvic bone. For a little health background I have suffered degenerative disc disease with two bulging discs, one pressing my nerve in my lumbar and sacral spine for 17 years now as well as a more current diagnosis adding arthritis and stenosis. I also suffer...

Last reply
  • Tingling feeling in upper body after movi

I have been feeling a strange sensation in my upper body whenever I look towards left or right with and without moving my neck. I apologize for this poor description because I am finding it hard to really describe the sensation as I am not being able to comprehend it properly myself.  I feel a sudden...

Posted
  • Could it be anything other than ALS

Wondering if anyone has has similar issues and what it turned out to be? started for me in March when I noticed to get muscle twitching all over my body arms, legs, feet, lips, buttocks etc. Some twitches were quite strong and would repeat 3 or 4 times rapidly then stop others were seen but not felt....

Last reply
  • Neurology Problem

Good Morning,  My name is Jesus, i am 27 years old. Let me start by saying that I had an accident 10 years ago, and 5 years ago started to feel the symptoms that I will indicate below.  Numbness, cramps, burning sensation, pins and needles on my right leg, buttocks. Sometimes I feel pinches...

Last reply
  • Wife Has Serious Neurological Problems - NO Solution

A rough history of my wife’s condition: Hives on head, back, back of arms and legs.  Started suddenly around 6 months ago.  Severe itching. Weight loss from about 125 lbs to 100 lbs over a few months.  She said that she had trouble swallowing and had pains in the stomach and intestine...

Last reply
  • Terrified about symptoms, keep being told anxiety. Help!

These are my symptoms: Air hunger Manual breathing Lightheadedness Weakness Fatigue Tingling Feeling like I'm literally dying Depersonalisation Blurry/foggy vision Chest and throat tightness Headaches/pressure in head Irregular heartbeat Strange feelings in head Pain and weakness in the legs General...

Last reply
  • Constant dizziness and not feeling right. What’s wrong with me?

Around 2 weeks ago, I was feeling totally fine and all of a sudden while walking, I experienced severe dizziness and a feeling of rocking back and forth.  I couldn’t stand up and had to lie down.  I went to urgent care who just did a basic blood test and gave me meclizine and said to see an...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.