Skip to content
Ad

Neurological Disorders

Also known as Aphasia, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Coma, Dysphasia, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Horner's Syndrome, Korsakoff's Pyschosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Poems Syndrome, Speech Disorders, Tolosa Hunt Syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis, Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Neurological Disorders Resources

Below are various resources for Neurological Disorders from leaflets to useful web sites and support groups. If any user has suggestions for other useful resources please send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. Any links will need to comply with forum rules for posting. There...

Last reply
  • numbness and tingling in left leg and foot

hi i have had numbness in my left leg below knee for a bout 4 weeks and in my foot for about 2 weeks, its the left side of my left leg and on foot is more of right part of left foot. i had blood tests, all came back clear. saw dr again and he said i need a nerve conduction test, but no idea how long...

Last reply
  • Wife Has Serious Neurological Problems - NO Solution

A rough history of my wife’s condition: Hives on head, back, back of arms and legs.  Started suddenly around 6 months ago.  Severe itching. Weight loss from about 125 lbs to 100 lbs over a few months.  She said that she had trouble swallowing and had pains in the stomach and intestine...

Last reply
  • It's been 2 weeks and I am certain I have ALS

My roommate of 6 months was in the gulf war. He was infected with an autoimmune disease that I know now is related to ALS. 2 weeks ago all of symptoms hit me all at once. Twitching in my right upper thigh, right lower leg on side of the knee, left upper thigh, left hamstring. My throat twitches at night...

Last reply
  • Strange neurological symptoms

Two months ago, I started having the following symptoms: Eye twitching (lasted for 2 hours one day, then only a few minutes for 5 more days) Fasciculations of arm and leg muscles (sometimes) Pins and needles when I sit on the toilet in the bathroom for more than 15 minutes Pins and needles in my leg...

Last reply
  • Is my discomfort due to Peripheral Neuropathy

I am 77 years old and was diagnosed with a mild form of peripheral neuropathy in June 2015 and prescribed 50mg Pregabalin after experiencing balance problems. At the time I was told it "probably" wouldn't get any worse but I think it is and have recently had my Pregabablin increased to...

Last reply
  • Muscle tension/anxiety? Idk please help!

So, I've been dealing with health anxiety for the past year. I've had about every symptom you can think of. Recently, I started having some leg issues. Weakness, stiffness on lower leg area. And now I've started to notice that my big toe seems sore at the end of the day (almost like I'm...

Last reply
  • Help - 160+ "head rushes" or "brain zaps" everyday?

Hi Folks – I’m a 49 year old male and starting in May this year, I started experiencing some very weird “head rushes” or “head zaps” as I have seen other folks make reference to. I’m now 4 months in and they are continuing - getting worse and more frequent. I actually know exactly when I had the first...

Last reply
  • Very odd involuntary head jerking and teeth gnashing

A member of the family appears to have an odd uncontrollable behaviour where they have these spasms. Given they've only occurred when they think no one is around, I suspect they are to some degree a controllable urge than something completely outside their control. Effectively they can be sitting...

Last reply
  • Guillain-Barre Syndrome GBS

I was struck down by GBS seven months ago. I just collapsed in the street. No warning. I didn't know what was happening. I was scared. Got myself to the doctors straight away where he admitted me to hospital straight away. Just had over a week in hospital (I was lucky) but then as I came home, I...

Last reply
  • Tingling all over body

Been having tingling all over my body on and off for 7 months. Not MS or diabetes. Been checked. Waiting on nerve test. What else could it be?

Last reply
  • Long term effects of Subarachnoid Haemorrhage

My husband had a SAH in June 1985 at age 37. He had the aneurysm clipped and made a slow recovery. We had no counselling post SAH; we noted many changes to his personality - including anger, irritibality etc. 24 years on and he is now suffering increased and debilitating fatigue which has impacted on...

Last reply
  • TGA - Transient Global Amnesia (temporary memory loss)

There seem to be no postings about TGA, so I thought I'd start one up as it is quite a bewildering experience.  14 April 2016 - 4pm: I came in from the garden (sawing through 2" hazelnut branch - which has probably been the trigger in my case) and said I was confused, asking what day of...

Last reply
  • off balance, blurry vision, irritable, trouble concentrating

I am a 19 year old female and have had good heath my entire life. However, the past few months I have had horrible symptoms and I am not sure where to turn next. I was so dizzy and off balance for several months. I saw a neurologist who said inner ear and diagnosed me with vertigo. I never took any medication...

Last reply
  • Been feeling kind of anxious and uncertain about some symptoms...

A few months ago I had a syndrome known as Parsonage Turner Syndrome which left my arms paralyzed. I recovered from it but have had a severe increase in health anxiety since then. This is because prior to getting Parsonage Turner Syndrome, I was a fairly healthy guy and it kind of hit me out of nowhere. ...

Posted
  • Numbness in right leg and arm after neck fracture

Hi, I broke my neck 3 months ago (c4). After the accident I had a slight bit of numbness in my right leg and arm but it went away. About a month ago it started getting a lot worse. The feeling has turned into a heavy sensation in my leg and tingling in the arm. The areas affected move around. For example...

Posted
  • both leg numbness

hello james can you share your number, because i have same problem in my both leg like, numbness 99 % of both leg, no feeling in case have any touch my treatment is running but still not find out any disease , you are relax or still cont  

Last reply
  • Non-stop muscle twitching and "running ants" feeling

Hello everyone, it will soon be a year since this problem of mine started and nobody has yet found a solution to it, so I thought I have nothing to lose by asking here. Around April last year I started getting muscle twitches. Out of nowhere. It continued for a month, until I finally went to doctor...

Last reply
  • Theoretical Question...

If a nerve in the body that was compressed or obstructed in some way, and the results of it caused moderate complete body weakness, what is your guys theory on where that nerve might be located?

Last reply
  • Facial Pain Diagnosis ?

My wife has been having momentary severe pains on the left side of her face.  The pain is intense, and lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes. The pain extends from the scalp above the left eye, down the forehead above left eye, down around the inner corner of the left eye, along the left side...

Last reply
  • Something weird just woke me up

Background: I have been sick since Oct 2016 with something like fibro like CFS like neuropathy like hashimotos, yet I dont have an exact answers. Regardless I have been having a hard time walking lately and balance issues and my depth perception has been off, I can't even get in an elevator. Anyways...

Posted
  • Sudden severe balance problems

So some of you might know of my ankle surgery last summer that left me with non wor toes. A year later they still don't work, so I have mild balance issues. Anyways, yesterday evening I went to pull my walker out of my friend's van, and without warning I lost my balance and nearly fell. This...

Last reply
  • Voltage-gated k+ ab

Hi All thank you for havinge in the group. I'm am ME sufferer who is being investigated for a muscular spasm issue I've faced for over 10 years that send to be getting worse. Finally after all this time I've been supported I'm finding out the cause and had tests my neurological blood...

Last reply
  • Could it be anything other than ALS

Wondering if anyone has has similar issues and what it turned out to be? started for me in March when I noticed to get muscle twitching all over my body arms, legs, feet, lips, buttocks etc. Some twitches were quite strong and would repeat 3 or 4 times rapidly then stop others were seen but not felt....

Last reply
  • Funny tingling all over body

Hi everyone! For about 6 weeks now, off and on, I've had this weird tingling all over my body. At times it'll be concentrated in one place (like pins and needles) in both my feet or a hand or a shin. And then other times like tonight, it'll be like little sudden twitches of tingling...almost...

Last reply
  • Shaky and jittery muscles

Hi all, I'm a 29 y.o male and for the past few months I have had very shaky muscles, like when I move my head up and down my neck muscles move in a jittery unsmooth pattern. The same happens when I lift my arms and slowly drop them (shoulder muscles shake) or when I bend over to pick something up...

Last reply
  • Somewhat acute onset of tremors and muscle spasms

I've experienced mild shakiness periodically in the past, commonly after lifting weights and also more noticeable when nervous, but in the past few weeks I feel as if my body has gone haywire. Symptoms I've experienced: -Hand and arm tremors -Leg tremors -Thumb tremors in particular and some...

Last reply
  • I have nerves inflammation for about 7 months and still

Femele/ 23 years old. I have nerves inflammation in my lumber (my lower back) because of an accident, it put me away from walking for nearly 5 months with numbness snd tingling both my legs, after that i get better and walk again but with weak muscles also  i can't walk properly. and...

Posted
  • Generalized Muscle Twitching

Hello All, I am so frustrated I have no idea what else to do. Currently I am suffering with generalized body wide muscle twitching. They initially started in December of this year after I had a twitch in my right shoulder. I decided to google the symptoms and ended up in the worst panic of my life....

Last reply
  • Neurological issue? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

So the last 3 years have been frustrating for me.. I've got symptoms and no medical professional believes me or is willing to help so I'm coming on here to see if anyone is familiar with any of this.. I've posted this in a few different sections after doing a symptom check Symptoms from...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.