Skip to content

Neurological Disorders

Also known as Aphasia, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Coma, Dysphasia, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Horner's Syndrome, Korsakoff's Pyschosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Poems Syndrome, Speech Disorders, Tolosa Hunt Syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis, Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Neurological Disorders Resources

Below are various resources for Neurological Disorders from leaflets to useful web sites and support groups. If any user has suggestions for other useful resources please send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. Any links will need to comply with forum rules for posting. There...

Last reply
  • Wife Has Serious Neurological Problems - NO Solution

A rough history of my wife’s condition: Hives on head, back, back of arms and legs.  Started suddenly around 6 months ago.  Severe itching. Weight loss from about 125 lbs to 100 lbs over a few months.  She said that she had trouble swallowing and had pains in the stomach and intestine...

Last reply
  • Buy Ambien Zolpidem Online ?

I was about to buy ambien ( zolpidem or stilnox stilnoct in some countries) online but is it safe ?  I appreciate any reviews of anyone who is buying ambien online regurarly and if they had issues etc.  Thanks  

Last reply
  • Funny tingling all over body

Hi everyone! For about 6 weeks now, off and on, I've had this weird tingling all over my body. At times it'll be concentrated in one place (like pins and needles) in both my feet or a hand or a shin. And then other times like tonight, it'll be like little sudden twitches of tingling...almost...

Last reply
  • Constant internal shakiness

Going on 2months now everyday non stop. Sometimes mild and im able to ignore it but over the hours of day it becomes more severe and causing my heart rate to go up and my blood pressure to go very high (170/99) its episodic. Ive been to hospital for it 3 times for it and received no treatment as my...

Posted
  • Please help to answer my question

Hi the last few days have been crazy,my anxitey levels have been over the top and I haven't even been diagnosed with anything,but I've convinced myself I have small fiber neuropathy as i think my symptoms match...until a few days ago my symptoms wer just in my hands but now I can feel slight...

Last reply
  • 24 and So Scared I Have ALS

Hi All, I am 24 years old and male, I have been in good health all my life without anxiety until the last 3 months. It all started with a flu back in December that gave me brain fog that has persisted all this time. I was vigilant with my doctors, I went to Urgent Care, the emergency room twice, saw...

Last reply
  • Severe memory loss almost a year after concussion

Hi everyone! Honestly, I have no idea what's been happening to me but I'm going to try really hard to explain it. Please bare with me, please give me advice, please share personal experiences, please just help me figure out what's going on. In summary: I suffered from a really bad concussion...

Last reply
  • Weird Symptoms with No Answers

Hi all, first thanks for looking and thanks in advance for any replies. It all started at the beginning of November. I had a pretty bad headache. Took some naproxen, went to bed. Woke up the next day and my face felt weird. My scalp down to the tip of my lips felt numb. The feeling I could describe...

Last reply
  • Brain tumour fears

I have been feeling unwell for months and have been the doctors numerous times and seen numerous doctors who put this all down to stress which i totally disagree with!!my main symptom is vision changes in BOTH eyes i am seeing millions of black dots on both eyes that look like cells you would see under...

Last reply
  • Small fiver neuropathy symptoms

May I ask if people with small finer neuropathy can share thet symptoms...i have not been diagnosed but after doing some research I'm thinking this is something I may have...my symptoms have started over a month ago,I have painful prickly sensation in the hands during the day..i currently don't...

Last reply
  • Prickly/tingly feeling in hands

Hi just looking for abit advice...so basically for the last 2 weeks I've been getting a prickly feeling in both my hands..it started off with a full body pins and needles type of itch,which eventually calmed down after a few days but since have had this prickly feeling in my hands"like something...

Last reply
  • Peripheral Neuropathy...I'm 27 years old!

I need a little help about feelings strange sensations in my arms and legs. I'm 27 years old male and I'm concerned about having peripheral neuropathy. It's been 5 months now having this symptoms: Pulsing or tingling pain in my arms and legs, a burning pain in my right foot which get worse...

Last reply
  • MRI scan for facial pain and numbness

My wife has had facial and mouth pain and numbness for over two years and it is also painful for her to eat. The maxillofacial clinic referred her to a neurologist who after nearly a years wait she had an appointment with ten days ago. She was very thorough and referred her for an urgent MRI scan that...

Last reply
  • Are these seizures?

I have these attacks where my left side suddenly curls inward and my neck and face muscles start twitching. I do not lose consciousness and can hear, but can't process words or actions very well as this is going on. It has been getting a lot more frequent lately as it is now induced my moving my...

Last reply
  • CSF leak undetected

After MRI with contrast of brain, cervical, thorasic,  and lumbar my csf leak was not detected. From what I am reading this is pretty normal not to find the leak. I was dx with intracranial hypotension a week ago after suffering headaches for 5 weeks and being put through chronic migraine...

Last reply
  • Depression, anxiety ,Gillian Barrie Syndrome

Hi every one , I’ve been diagnosed with depression Anxiety after I was diagnosed with gbs .Was hospitalized for close to a year . I’m so sad little depressed more then usual after my mom past away and just last week my sister was raising her children by her self in her home yes there over 18 .She was...

Last reply
  • VP Shunt tender

Hi guys! When I was 3 months old I had a vp shunt placed. I was never officually diagnosed with hydrocephalus, but I had water in the brain due to a possible injury. My mother was told I could have it removed when I was 2, but she chose not to. Now I’m 25. Never had a single problem with it. A week...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with Maralgia Parasethica

I also had a hip replacement back in August 2016. For a whole year and a half I kept complaining about tightness, pain, and catching when I’d move my leg in a circle or figure 8, or much less walk normally.  Then  on Dec, 6, 2018 I woke up and felt zapping, burning, lazer like pains that ran...

Posted
  • Major Migraines everyday

So I recently went to see a neurologist due to my migraines. I get them at least once a day and it gets so bad that it feels like someone has either hit me with me a baseball bat up side the head or that someone has smacked my head against the wall. I have been prescribed fioricet, Zofran, promethazine...

Last reply
  • Social worker taking sides

A social worker that called me about my partner seemed interested and on my side but the next time after talking to his family who don't like me said that my partner probably won't wake up but how can she know or was she saying what his mother told her as a nurse has asked me if I want to attend...

Posted
  • Shingles? Neurolgia? Not sure what I have??

I have been suffering with “something” for over 2yrs now and no-one has been able to help me.   I have been to a neurologist  who booked me in and on my discharge sheet it said guillain barre syndrome, however when I questioned this he said well no not really but it’s like a family of...

Posted
  • Muscle twitches all over body??

So to give a bit of detail (or a lot..sorry) , two summers ago I was in great shape/health before I got C-diff, a gastro infection. Doctors told me it was just anxiety until I got so sick I literally could not eat and barely could walk. Had a long and drawn out recovery that I am still dealing with putting...

Last reply
  • Weird concentration problem which I haven't seen before

I am struggling with severe anxiety coupled with depression/depersonalization, emotional numbness, depression, etc coupled with brain fog. I have been lead to believe that my concentration problems are due to the anxiety but I'm not so sure (haven't been to a GP about this problem). Any time...

Last reply
  • Ticklish neck but no-one is tickling me

I know this sounds like a crazy condition but I'm dying to know why it happens. I have found NO ONE who has this condition and absolutely no help online. I'm extremely ticklish on my neck to where if someone tickles my neck or lightly touches it, or even if anything brushes up against it, I...

Last reply
  • Suffering Aphasia again

I was attacked with paralysis (right side complete body)  including dysphagia/aphasia in sept'13, aged 35 years. I recovered fully in Jan'17 and in April'17 an incident occurred by which aphasia again happened till now...and I visited neurophsyctric and he told me dulut 20..how long...

Last reply
  • Alcohol gives me insomnia and extremely poor sleep

For years, I used to go out on weekends and drink wine, beers, sometimes hard liquor. My sleep was affected obviously but i could still sleep. Now even if i drink like 3 glasses of wine, i feel more stressed out and am unable to sleep for hours. This is severely impacting my social life and leading...

Last reply
  • Brain Zap?

Last month while I was stopped at a red light I suddenly felt my brain shaking/vibrating from side to side almost violently and my vision felt like it was following suit for a moment but the whole thing stopped just as quickly as it began. I remained totally cognizant in the split second it was happening...

Last reply
  • I have every brain tumor symptom I'm scared, help??

Hi I'm a 22 year old female. Sorry for the long post. First of all, I do suffer from depression, generalized anxiety, health anxiety and ocd since I was a young child I've realized. Been diagnosed when I was 17 and I didn't get psychotherapy cause I thought I would get better on my own. Ok...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.