Skip to content

Neurological Disorders

Also known as Aphasia, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Coma, Dysphasia, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Horner's Syndrome, Korsakoff's Pyschosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Poems Syndrome, Speech Disorders, Tolosa Hunt Syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis, Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Pressure behind left eye

Hi guys, I have been suffering various symptoms for over a year. This includes the feeling of pressure behind my left eye. I also experience flashing in both my eyes. The only way I can describe this is when you accidentily look into a bright light causing you to see a flash in your vision which then...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Neurological Disorders Resources

Below are various resources for Neurological Disorders from leaflets to useful web sites and support groups. If any user has suggestions for other useful resources please send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. Any links will need to comply with forum rules for posting. There...

Last reply
  • Head feels full foggy ears feel full

I have been to ER 6 times with feeling tinglingly in my head and neck I get heart palpitations most likely panic attacks I recently became stressed and this hit me like a ton of bricks ER Drs have ran labs CT MRI all cone back ok my head feels full all-day there are times it doesn't feel as bad I...

Last reply
  • Long term effects of Subarachnoid Haemorrhage

My husband had a SAH in June 1985 at age 37. He had the aneurysm clipped and made a slow recovery. We had no counselling post SAH; we noted many changes to his personality - including anger, irritibality etc. 24 years on and he is now suffering increased and debilitating fatigue which has impacted on...

Last reply
  • Is it Guillain-Barré? Or another Motor Neuron Syndrome?

I'm going to my doctors this morning, but yesterday I got a funny turn, my right leg went a kind of heavy sensation, weak feeling. It happened in my left arm too but not as much. It stopped later on that night, still felt a little weird, had aching and a burning sensation in it, but not this morning....

Last reply
  • My 13yo son began having autistic like meltdowns 1.5 yrs ago

Years ago, a few months after my mother revealed her lymes infection, I walked into my pcp with an ear infection, bell's palsy and a slew of other symptoms including intense anxiety, panic attacks and severe memory problems that had been plaguing me for more than ten months. I tested positive for...

Last reply
  • Symptoms that get worse and no answers

I am 29 and this is my first post on this website. I am very worried and I hope someone can give me some advice.  When I was a child (when I was 10 to 15 years old), I had quite frequent attacks. The symptoms include weakness/sensitivity on the right side of the face and right side of the body,...

Last reply
  • Whatbare the.symptoms of ALS.I am worried of ALS

My name is Aung. I am 32 yearl old burmese-Indian race.It has been 2 week my tricep is twitching in the same spot everyday.but not continueously.The twitching only occurs when I try to pee or some occation in Bowel Moement.Normal time Almost no twitch.Even I have a few time no twich while peeing small...

Last reply
  • Left side head pressure

Multiple labs all perfect MRI brain came back normal CT head normal echo normal EKGs normal. MRI cspine show mild disk bulge between c4/c5 I frequently get hard pressure on left side of head above ear the goes to my temple it's always the left side but now I feel like im going crazy multiple trips...

Last reply
  • arms feel heavy and weak

My mom is staying at my house and started having multiple episodes of feeling weak.  I asked her how she felt and she says both arms at the same time started feeling heavy and weak at the same time.  It takes everything out of her.  I thought she might be having a low blood sugar episude...

Last reply
  • Utter confusion

About 12 yrs ago I developed a raft of MS type symptoms, tingling on face, extremities, fatigue and weak legs. These last approx 2 months.  I had an MRI, which was clear. I slowly afterwards made good progress. In the intervening years I have experienced many of these symptoms in very mild forms,...

Last reply
  • TGA - Transient Global Amnesia (temporary memory loss)

There seem to be no postings about TGA, so I thought I'd start one up as it is quite a bewildering experience.  14 April 2016 - 4pm: I came in from the garden (sawing through 2" hazelnut branch - which has probably been the trigger in my case) and said I was confused, asking what day of...

Last reply
  • Could it be anything other than ALS

Wondering if anyone has has similar issues and what it turned out to be? started for me in March when I noticed to get muscle twitching all over my body arms, legs, feet, lips, buttocks etc. Some twitches were quite strong and would repeat 3 or 4 times rapidly then stop others were seen but not felt....

Last reply
  • Head pressure humming and stuttering thoughts

These past few days I been getting what feels like stuttering in my my mind when reading and thinking. Humming sound thst comes and goes, mainly hear it when alone or at night. Ear sometimes aches. Anyone experience feelings like this? I've had and still taking prescription nasal spray for my sinus...

Last reply
  • My Dad Needs Help!

Over the past 4 or 5 years the right side of my dad's body has been shutting down. By this I mean I think the signals being sent from his brain to the right side of his body are weakening. No one has been able to find the cause or even been able to find a way to stop or slow down his deterioration....

Last reply
  • needing reassurance.

i’ve posted my many symptoms on here before so i don’t really want to go into detail.  but lately, they’re starting to change. they’re almost worse. but they go away when i drink. it feels like my face is numb, but i also have all these tingly feelings in my mouth, my whole head & my neck. does...

Last reply
  • Am i gonna have a seizure?

Hello! I'm a 16 year old female who just recently started having head issues for the past 2 weeks. I've been getting things like 1. Tension headaches 2. Neck pains 3. Head pressure 4. I start to feel numbish 5. My eyes feel strained and bulging 6. I feel confused and foggy 7. I feel Kinda out...

Last reply
  • Pressure behind left eye

Hi guys, I have been suffering various symptoms for over a year. This includes the feeling of pressure behind my left eye. I also experience flashing in both my eyes. The only way I can describe this is when you accidentily look into a bright light causing you to see a flash in your vision which then...

Posted
  • Shaky/Jittery/Vibrating muscles

Hello, everyone! This has been going on for a month now. I woke up one day and pretty much all my muscles where shaking, only when I moved them. This has happened to me before when (I think) my blood sugar was low due to not eating, I'd start feeling nauseous and my whole body would shake, feeling...

Last reply
  • :(

Hi everyone. A couple of months or so ago, I noticed a weird head sensation that came out of nowhere. The best way I can explain it is like a moving sensation. Recently, it's gotten worse & pressure has been added to the mix. It's mostly on the left to middle side of my head & it's...

Last reply
  • Non-stop muscle twitching and "running ants" feeling

Hello everyone, it will soon be a year since this problem of mine started and nobody has yet found a solution to it, so I thought I have nothing to lose by asking here. Around April last year I started getting muscle twitches. Out of nowhere. It continued for a month, until I finally went to doctor...

Last reply
  • Seeing a neurologist. Extremely scared! !!

Hi, I have been experiencing tingling, numbness in hands and feet. I also have been experiencing an internal vibrating in my buttocks and legs and feet. Shoulders been hurting. My pointer finger has been in pain for about 2 months. It dosent quite bend with out pain. Iv had my left eye twitch and also...

Last reply
  • My left leg being numb

Hi all, My left leg being numb last two weeks. I feel like some weight on that area. I can feel the numbness if I gently but bit rapidly touch that area with my fingers. I'm 27 years old male. One of my friend told me, vitamin b12 deficiency might cause this. Since I'm vegetarian I have...

Last reply
  • CSF leak undetected

After MRI with contrast of brain, cervical, thorasic,  and lumbar my csf leak was not detected. From what I am reading this is pretty normal not to find the leak. I was dx with intracranial hypotension a week ago after suffering headaches for 5 weeks and being put through chronic migraine...

Last reply
  • Mouth difficulties

For some 10 years now I have had problems almost permanently, although good periods and not so good periods with my mouth. Difficulties with lips feeling fatigued after talking at length. Difficulties with my tongue in the same regard. Sometimes dry mouth, sometimes an apparent excess of saliva. I have...

Last reply
  • Could I Have Undiagnosed Sensory Issues?

I have quite a few things going on, but the most noticeable of them is that I’ve started having very hard to deal with sensory issues (mainly visual, auditory, tactile, and balance.) However, these problems aren’t actually new, they’ve just been getting much more severe.  I did some research to...

Last reply
  • Depression due to brain lesion?

I feel like I’m at my wit’s end. I’m a 26 year old female, Caucasian, overweight. My labs (CMP, CBC, TSH) are WNL. I’ve suffered with major depression for roughly 7-8 years. Tried therapy a few times, never did much for me. A year and a half ago, I finally couldn’t take it anymore, and sought pharmaceutical...

Last reply
  • Complete leg numbness

I had knee surgery 2 years ago ( posterolateral corner reconstruction) and sence then i have had numbness on the outer side of my knee ( same side as the icision) and about a week agout the numbess started spreading just a little and now its spread to my entire leg and foot

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.