Please help, progressive neurological symptoms

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I don't know if I have Guillain-barre but I am having very strange symptoms with no test that has shown anything suspicious yet. I have had tons of weird symptoms but in short I've been having waxing and waning pain in different areas of my back (for example I'll have a really bad flare in my lower back and then it will improve after a few weeks and then it will happen in my neck). It will be a burning pain that I feel deep inside but can't illicit it when I touch. After a really bad flare of lower back pain a few months ago, ever since I've been having a vibrating feeling in both of my legs and lower back and also muscle spasms in my pelvis and anal area and in my legs. When I stand up, I will almost tremor in my legs sometimes. I recently developed a tingly right hand in addition to the symptoms that I still have after a bad bout of the burning neck pain. I've had noncontrast MRIs of my entire spine which were normal. I've had numerous blood testshat were normal. I have an EMG scheduled in a few weeks but I feel like my body is slowly deteriorating and I don't know what to do. I almost wish I could be admitted to the hospital and all these tests run within the span of a few days rather than months.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

In hindsite, I think I've experienced this before. I was having pain in my lower back a few years ago and what felt like bloating in my stomach and I actually focused more on the stomach part when in hindsite I think it was muscle spasms/muscle tightening that I'm now feeling in my pelvis and back (it feels like someone is hugging me almost). During that time, I was also experiencing burning in my feet. I had a test done that showed possible small fiber neuropathy however, I had a skin biopsy that was negative for that. I let it go after that and it very slowly went away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.