Skip to content

Neurological Disorders

Also known as Aphasia, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Coma, Dysphasia, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Horner's Syndrome, Korsakoff's Pyschosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Poems Syndrome, Speech Disorders, Tolosa Hunt Syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis, Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sudden onset movement disorder

I'm looking for ANY help or even suggestions here.  I should add that I have a neurologist appointment scheduled but it's 3 months out.  The anxiety of what is possibly going on is eating at me though. Here is my story: About 5 weeks ago I went on vacation, and noticed that the …

Last reply
  • I need help with my condition please!

Hello everyone! I am here because i desperately need an advice or opinion about my current condition. I will try to explain this as best as i can because my symptoms are weird and complex and some of them are not really recent and i will point out that i experienced similar things 5 years ago(when …

Last reply
  • I've got ache in my shoulder, elbow and tricep.

Hey everyone. I've recently come into a couple of issues where If I look down and try to put chin to chest, I feel a very uncomfortable dull ache/pulling in my armpit, my lat and my upper back. Throughout the day, I also get a terrible ache down my left side, starting in my upper back/ …

Last reply
  • Non-stop muscle twitching and "running ants" feeling

Hello everyone, it will soon be a year since this problem of mine started and nobody has yet found a solution to it, so I thought I have nothing to lose by asking here. Around April last year I started getting muscle twitches. Out of nowhere. It continued for a month, until I finally went to …

Last reply
  • Weird head or neck and body feeling

It's currently around 4 am in Australia and I've just woke up and I tried to get out of bed to get water when all of a sudden I get this severe and I mean SEVERE dizziness. It feels like my neck and head is falling at rapid speed and whenever I try to move it or get up I can't feel half …

Last reply
  • Leg issues after brain surgery

Brain surgery e months ago didn't go as planned lost feeling in right leg. Now able to WALK and my leg now is so tight and heavy and when I stand foot turns red. Had blood clot it is gone but this is getting worse each day. Vascular cleared me , xray of knee is normal, blood wrk normal... …

Last reply
  • OCBs (oligoclonal bands) in CSF and Blood Serum.

Hello,  I am being treated for an auto-immune issue that appears to be affecting my nervous system. However, there is a bit of a ? over the diagnosis as my symptoms are atypical for the anti-bodies I have. Therefore I a having treatment to see how I respond. I was in hospital a few weeks ago …

Last reply
  • Terrified about symptoms, keep being told anxiety. Help!

These are my symptoms: Air hunger Manual breathing Lightheadedness Weakness Fatigue Tingling Feeling like I'm literally dying Depersonalisation Blurry/foggy vision Chest and throat tightness Headaches/pressure in head Irregular heartbeat Strange feelings in head Pain and weakness in the legs …

Last reply
  • Cognitive impairment starting at 16?

Hello all, i've been through a lot of testing and would appreciate everyone's opinion on my symptoms. They first started when i was 16 i noticed twitching all throughout my body followed by muscle weakness and speech problems and swallowing issues to the point where i couldn't swallow …

Last reply
  • Please help

'm 20 years old and first had the feeling of vertigo at 18. I am so afraid because even though I have been dignosed with vertigo by a doctor I still feel they aren't sure. I'm so terrified I need to know if anyone else has these feelings and symptoms or is there something else wrong …

Last reply
  • Expectation of Consultant

Hello, I would like an opinion of what should be mentioned in a consultation. Recently, I was diagnoses with a very serious condition for which there is little medical treatment. I have decided to obtain a second opinion regarding the diagnosis. In addition, I have decided to explore alternative …

Last reply
  • Neurology Problem

Good Morning,  My name is Jesus, i am 27 years old. Let me start by saying that I had an accident 10 years ago, and 5 years ago started to feel the symptoms that I will indicate below.  Numbness, cramps, burning sensation, pins and needles on my right leg, buttocks. Sometimes I feel …

Last reply
  • Has anyone else had this?

I'm seeing a neurologist tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone else had had the symptoms I'm feeling now. For about two weeks, I've been feeling fluid in my head. it's not sinuses, but it's on top and in the back of my head. It's this feeling of heaviness …

Last reply
  • 25 year old male, odd neurological symptoms

Hello all, this is my first post! I would like to start this by asking the questions: Is there "something" here? What should I do? For starters, I'm male, 25 years old, 175lbs (79kg), and 6'2" (188cm). In December 2016, I developed a rash all over my body. I saw the …

Last reply
  • Memory, Thinking & Understanding After A Stroke

I'm a 64 year old man. Within the last 2-years I've had multiple Lacunar strokes and Ischemic Thrombosis Strokes, I've also been diagnosed with Complex and Simple Partial Seizure Disorder, White Brain Matter & Cerebrovascular Disease. Over the last 2-years on a daily basis 24/7 I …

Last reply
  • Leg pain and weakness following a concussion

I had a concussion over two months ago. Since then I’ve had a bunch of weird symptoms. Recently I have been having a lot of pain in the back of my right leg. Specifically in the right glute and down the back of my right leg. It has been going on for about two months now and the pain is constant …

Last reply
  • Can RA Nurse's diagnose MND?

Can RA Nurse's diagnose MND? Hi Everyone, just wondering if anyone has ever been diagnosed with MND by their RA Nurse or Consultant, I have symptoms that could be this, they are very visable, the whole of my left side is very very weak, shape of my leg is very visable kneecaps are now turning …

Last reply
  • Facial numbness/tingling/burning (cheeks/chin/outsidemy nose)

I am a C-5, C-6 quadriplegic. In January of 2017 I agreed to have a bicep tenodesis on my right shoulder, but shortly after I started feeling numbness and tingling in my right cheek and jaw. It is getting a little worse. I believe that my neck is impinged above the titanium they put in from C-3 to …

Posted
  • Symptoms of MS/ALS? Or just anxiety?

Hello everyone,  I’m a 21 year old male. Around July 9th, I was driving and my finger tips started to have that “pins and needles” feeling and it crept up my left arm the entire way home. Then my left leg started to feel heavy a day or two after and then the rest of the left side of my …

Last reply
  • Disturbing issue with stroke-like symptoms, tired of no dx tests.

I am a 21 year old college student and I have had scary symptoms that have me thinking I may have a brain issue(what i believed to be stroke) about 5 months. I was a smoker of electronic cigs but stopped after symptoms. I also ate quite a bit of fat regularly since I liked peanut butter a lot. Not …

Last reply
  • I'm scared of my MRI results?

Hello! I'm a 16 year old female and I just got my first MRI yesterday and the doctors said that they will give me a call Monday (I got it of friday). I am so terrified that they will call and say I either have a brain tumor or MS! Everyone I know swears its just stress or something wrong with …

Last reply
  • Tingling all over body

Been having tingling all over my body on and off for 7 months. Not MS or diabetes. Been checked. Waiting on nerve test. What else could it be?

Last reply
  • Vibrating or humming of the pelvic bone?

I am 44, and have a humming sensation in my pelvic bone. For a little health background I have suffered degenerative disc disease with two bulging discs, one pressing my nerve in my lumbar and sacral spine for 17 years now as well as a more current diagnosis adding arthritis and stenosis. I also …

Last reply
  • Post Viral/Infectious Neurological Symptoms

Hi everyone!  I’m just curious for those of you that experienced any sort of neurological symptoms after a virus/vaccination or otherwise, if it is (getting) better or progressing.  Long story short, I was very sick the week I delivered my 3rd baby 14 months ago (upper respiratory/sinus …

Last reply
  • Leg numbness

I've had chronic pain in my back for 8 years after an accident and neuropathic pain in my legs, my left side had always been much weaker than the right, I have numbness in my legs, but my question is why is my left leg from my foot to my upper thigh numb and my right leg partially numb? I have …

Last reply
  • Leg numbness

I've had chronic pain in my back for 8 years after an accident and neuropathic pain in my legs, my left side had always been much weaker than the right, I have numbness in my legs, but my question is why is my left leg from my foot to my upper thigh numb and my right leg partially numb? I have …

Last reply
  • TGA - Transient Global Amnesia (temporary memory loss)

There seem to be no postings about TGA, so I thought I'd start one up as it is quite a bewildering experience.  14 April 2016 - 4pm: I came in from the garden (sawing through 2" hazelnut branch - which has probably been the trigger in my case) and said I was confused, asking what day …

Last reply
  • Guillain-Barre Syndrome GBS

I was struck down by GBS seven months ago. I just collapsed in the street. No warning. I didn't know what was happening. I was scared. Got myself to the doctors straight away where he admitted me to hospital straight away. Just had over a week in hospital (I was lucky) but then as I came home, …

Last reply
  • brain problem

the CT scan report of my father's brain states : there is periventricular ischaemic changes with chronic infarct in the left cerebellar hemisphere with chronic lacunar infarcts in both gangliocapsular region with prominence of the sulco-gyral spaces and ventricular system suggestive of …

Last reply
  • Can a Brainstem Lesion Rule Out ALS

For the past year now, I have been dealing with some somewhat progressive walking-coordination symptoms, which some days are better than others. My MRI last year showed a 6mm lesion at the midbrain-pons junction. My neurologist says this is the issue for my walking troubles. However, I have laso …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.