Fear my husband may have ALS

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello. First I want to thank anyone who takes the time to read this. My husband and I have been filled with dread and anxiety.

To begin, he is a 30 year old male.

Over the last couple weeks he has been having weird sensations in his left calf muscle and the bottom of his left foot. Sometimes he finds it difficult to describe exactly what he feels. He can still flex the calf muscle like normal. He says sometimes it will feel a bit heavier than the right leg. Sometimes there is mild tingling/tickling sensation on the bottom of his left foot. He still walks normal.

He doesn't have issues walking, standing, etc. Still can lift our 4 year old (30 lbs) with just that leg. He just claims it feels off and weird. He is also experiencing some twitches in that same leg but they are not visible on the outside of his body. Sometimes he will get little random twitches in other random parts of his body.

Also when the leg issues started, so did constipation. He almost never struggles with toileting issues. I have also noticed that he has lost a little bit of weight as well.

Just a couple days ago he started getting painful muscles in his abdomen and says that the left side looks smaller than the right side.

He had some blood work done. No blood clots. He did have really low cortisol. Everything else was normal.

He and I are really concerned this could be the start of ALS. He has a scheduled appointment with a neuro but not till next month. I am scared out of my mind. I don't want to lose my husband and my kids, their dad.

I would sincerely appreciate any insight or feedback as to what your opinions are. If you believe this sounds like ALS or at least the very beginning of it. The anxiety of it all is killing me. So very grateful for your time and response.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.