Lots of issues but no answer

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I'm Paul, 37.

I have had problems with my legs since I was born (slight club foot but corrected) at 14 knee surgery on both due to snapped tendons/ligaments/loose body. Physio identified my legs muscles were not developed correctly and too short. 18 another knee surgery for more of the same. I played a lot of rugby and worked for Halfords and enjoyed bike riding but I was never as fit as everyone else (not overweight but just wasn't the same)

24 I had several clots in my lungs, PE's. I was put onto Warfarin and went back to work but I was scared. My second child was about 6 months and I no longer felt unstopable. I had a recurring PE a few weeks later and I started to get really scared and was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I then started to notice some tingling and pins and needles in my feet. I had to stop working my dream job and all of a sudden I had dr and nurse visits all the time. Several years later and attempting to go back to work but failing everytime I had a TIA and was under the stroke clinic. The next two years 2 more TIA's these were called amaurosis fugax. By then my legs were becoming very numb and I was getting a lot of random stabbing burning pains. I was tested all the time for blood sugars as I had gained huge amounts of weight but no diabetes. I was really struggling and turned to alcohol, this obviously didn't help anything. A few more years later and still in and out of work I noticed a black lump on my foot which I had to have surgery on. The healing process was long and due to the blood thinners it would not stop bleeding. So to now. I am now getting huge amounts of pain my legs, they are red/purple. I have been passed from vascular to rheumatolgy to neurology (appointment may this year & that is an urgent referral made in Aug 22) I have had a nerve conduction test done which revealed significant length dependent axonal sensimotor polyneuropathy. I am still not diabetic. I stopped drinking 2 years a go and have lost 6 stone but still to heavy. My liver tests are high maybe due to fatty liver. I still get clots (no answer as to why) I take edoxaban now. My Vit D is always low so take suppliments. I have recently had two polyps removed from my bowels. My vision vibrates but the opticians can't find anything. I am now almost disabled. I can't move well and not only are my legs stiff and painful it is now in my hands. I have several moments in the week where I get so dizzy, I can't swallow and become tired like I am going to pass out. I have no answers to anything that has happened. I am really hoping the neurologist can finally do something.

Paul

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that you have all of these complicated health issues! I hope that the neurologist can help. I think we need to keep at it and find a physician to take the time to figure out what's going on. I'm glad you are seeking other medical care/advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.