scary neurological symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all

I have been progressively getting worse over months. My GP has referred me to a neurologist, but thought I would post here to see if it sounds familiar.

-Muscle weakness - hands, fingers, legs, everything really! I cant lift easy things such as a kettle, cant get up 2-3 stairs without help of rail to lift me up

-Balance and coordination problems. I have been falling over regularly and find it difficult to walk in a straight line.

-My pinky finger cannot stretch out straight or go next to the rest of my hand - its always bent and sticking out- no matter how hard I try I can't move it to next to my other fingers.

• tiredness
  • muscle cramps, ALOT
  • bladder problems
  • I dont have vision or hearing problems
  • I don't have numbness or tingling

My GP was perplexed and couldn't find a clear direction that the symptoms were pointing too

ANY ideas? Any similiarities? Any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, sorry to hear of your symptoms. Have you had any blood tests? Is this clinical weakness confirmed by your GP or perceived weakness by you?

Have you done strength tests with your GP?

Seems a bit premature to send you to neurologist without some basic checks first?

• Posted

hello thanks for your reply.

yes, ive had blood tests and all in order. it is genuine weakness, in my arms amd hands but he said my legs seemed ok, tested by my GP, so not just perceived. he did some balance tests and coordination too. he said my coordination seemed fine but could not walk in a straight line without losing balance.

i should also mention my hands become almost useless when they are cold, too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.