Desperate for direction

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I'll share a bit of my story in hopes someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I had a stress related burnout in 2017, which left me with fog brain and lethargy for about a year, I started taking good care of my heath with diet and exercise and my energy returned, I was motivated and went flat out at work. I had a poor sleep one night and still went flat out the next day, by the afternoon something didn't feel right, I crashed and burned out badly with my head, its like I had completely fried my brain.

What resulted was a very limited capacity mentally, I would read a couple of pages, feel my brain straining, read another paragraph and my brain would "fry", which was a very tangible strain in my head. It would be often completely debilitating. I struggled with this for a long time, sometimes it would be better sometimes it would return for several months, sometimes caused just by having a cup of coffee but then it would stick around for months.

In October 2019 I burned out and this is where my chronic fatigue started. I had a string of "burnouts" and would eventually start recovering, only to go flat out again, or be forced into doing too much ie. at work. The more this happened the harder it would be to start recovering. I was very much in a survival mode, just trying to get through the day, for several years.

A bit over a year ago, a cup of coffee caused my head to significantly to "fry", it hasn't recovered since. My brain can't handle much of anything, I won't get through a movie without frying my brain, I can rarely read much, or do anything slightly mentally taxing. I have been incapable of working, and now I'm starting to get more desperate as money is running out.

I've seen several doctors and a naturopath and it's like no body has any clue whats going on with my head. I've got quite severe chronic fatigue, I've tried all kinds of supplements to no avail. I can live with the chronic fatigue but having no mental capacity is wearing me down. Sometimes it has felt like it's started to recover, only to go back to square one because I read a little too much or watched YouTube.

It's so hard to explain what I'm feeling but it's like my brain is strained/sprained, often not going away till I wake up the next morning. I'm struggling to finish writing this, I won't have the capacity to check what I've written so hopefully I make some sense.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.