Periferal neuropathy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I?m a 30 year old female and up until now have always been very healthy and none of my previous self inflicted health scares have ever been accurate (brain tumour, ms, heart inflammation from the vaccine to name a few). But I have been experiencing the worst three months of my life. It started with some health anxiety around some midback pain I was having. I freaked out I had a tumour. My doctor thought this was ridiculous but sent me for an X-ray. As I left the X-ray scan, I remembered that a year before I had had an X-ray with contrast (due to thinking I had heart inflammation or a clot from the vaccine which I did not). I had an allergic reaction to the contrast (just a whole body rash and a very hot, swollen face). I immediately freaked out that having another X-ray would do damage to my body. The next day I woke up with shooting pains, muscle aches and twitches. Over the past three months these symptoms have been getting worse and I?ve also been getting lots of tingling. I?m talking constant muscle twitches everywhere, especially calves and feet, constant tingling and vibrating sensations in feet. It has moved into my hands and arms as well. I feel it constantly even when working out. I have had neurological exams, two brain mris, cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine mri, which only showed a minor disc bulge in lumbar spine. Now I feel like my hands are constantly shaking and I feel like my whole body is constantly vibrating and shaking too. I?ve been to the ER three times, seen countless doctors and have a referal for a neurologist in two weeks. I?m going insane with worry. It?s all I think about and I have been able to enjoy anything. Not Christmas, turning 30, nothing. I have a history of health anxiety but I?ve never in my life had such strong, constant and long lasting symptoms. I really want an emg as I?m worried I could have periferal neuropathy from the X-ray. Is it possible that this is just a really intense case of anxiety or is there really a neurological problem? No doctor seems to think so but this symptoms are full on.

Please offer some advice or share your own experiences.

Thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of your symptoms.

I like you also suffer from health anxiety and been having a real rough time. I have had many health scares over the past two years and they've all amounted to relatively minor conditions and chronic pre-existing fibromyalgia.

I have been having the exact same sensations and just wondering is it anxiety? or is this real neuropathic pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.